Moving a machine

Conallvending

Lol!

If there is people in your area to move a machine please hire them!

I move my own machines for the simple reason, nobody in my area has the knowledge to move a machine for me.

I just moved a 900 lb + machine! Was it easy? Golpher no! 

I'm not looking forward on moving it a second time!

cajun

If your appliance dolly is only a two wheeler then no, you won't be able to move a machine with it.  You'll need at least a four wheel tilt-back dolly like a Dutro.  With a 6" block under the cabinet you can then pull the machine over. This will only work, however, if you can roll it right through a doorway.  If you have to clamshell the machine then you need a 4 wheel flat piano dolly with 5" casters on it.  

For nearly all my moves, I hire a local moving company. It's usually around $100 (more or less depending on distance/weight/complexity of the transfer) to move most units, but it's well worth it to me- I don't have all the special gear, nor box truck to haul that stuff myself.

The first Dolly is a pic of the type AZ Vendor was talking about, the one I have is similar but not exactly like this one. I took this pic off the internet. The next 2 pics are my dollies which are awesome for having the door open and going through door ways.

If you have those kind of Dolly's in pictures 2 and 3, do you still need/use the one in picture one to get over bumps or up hills if necessary? I would think the 2nd and 3rd ones are awesome for indoor flat use, but are worthless for anything bumpy?

I totally understand trying to keep overhead down.  I bought a "kick back " dolly dirt cheap.  I moved machines myself.  I did learn that a machine should be transported standing upright. 

Also, if you have no choice but to transport the machine on its side ( only for 1-2 hours) to the location,  I would leave the machine unplugged overnight.  This has something to do with

the cooling system.  Bottom line, it is not good to transport on it side. 

Make sure the cooling deck is bolted to the bottom of the machine, if not, the deck will slide and move around during transport.  Damage to lines waiting to happen.

Be prepared for shims, product chute, any thing that is not secure properly to move around and possibly cause problems.

It can be done!  I had a trial and error stage.  I also used my teenage sons, who are more than strong enough to help.  It took a few times before they got the hang of handling bulky heavy machine.

Eventually, I felt I had to pay them for their help.

I now pay a professional vending machine mover.  He charges me $65.00 a machine, one way.  No stress, no worries, its almost embarrassing how effortless he moves an 800 lb. with the help of his 95 lb. wife.  He also levels the machine.  If I would have known from the start I would have used a pro from day 1.

The one thing I earned ( my two sons too!)  which is priceless, Is how to work together and we have never met a vending machine (yet) we could not handle.  I have yet to master leveling a soda machine, but the guys on TVF explained how to.

I wish I could find someone to move a machine for 65 bucks. Hell, I would pay quite a bit more. All the moving companies I have contacted charge 300 dollars. I'm sure I will find someone eventually.

If you're not too worried about what they look like and/or experience level, don't be afraid to post as a "job" on CL. I've gotten everything from professional moving companies to reply, to actual shirtless rednecks with an over-sized pickup truck and everything in between. It's a gamble, but it might get you some more options if it seems like you're out. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived