Post your political rants here

lacanteen

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Israel has never been our friend. Israel and the U.S. may have found each other useful from time to time but Israel has never been worth the treasure we have spent on it. The only ally Israel has ever had or wanted is Israel.

The mess in North Africa is the fault of the United States and European meddling. We are the ones that overthrew a democratically elected president in Iran and installed a Shah in 1953. We are the ones that propped up armed and encouraged Saudi Arabia, the biggest supporter and source of radical Islam in the world. It is we that destroyed a secular nation (Iraq) destabilizing all of North Africa and creating Isis. It is we that play the various nations against the other thus causing all to hate us.

And why do we do this? For oil? We have never needed North African Oil. Others do. And who is doing the drilling, shipping and selling? Exxon, Shell, etc. We are in fact the military arm of some very wealthy oil  people. There was nothing in North Africa we needed as a nation. But we are entwined in intrigue and adversity that does nothing for the average citizen of this country.

For years, conservatives have accused President Obama of treason every time he so much as sneezed. Under 18 U.S. Code § 2381, treason is defined as such:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

While nothing Obama has done has come close, isn’t Trump’s repeated praise of Putin — a man who personally oversaw an attack on our nation — giving “aid” and “comfort” within “the United States or elsewhere?” Isn’t the fact that the Russian President’s “delay” until his puppet was in office — a move Trump praised — “adhering to” an enemy of the United States?

There is evidence now. It is the incoming Presidents job to further follow the evidence and act upon it. So if Trump does not pursue the evidence would that not make him the same as the Obama of October 2016? See, this is how it works, in a few short days the Republican Party will have total control of the Government. No more excuses.

And, FYI, every election is rigged. Every election, from the Presidency right down to the Mayor of the tiniest one horse town.

On 12/31/2016 at 11:52 AM, musser said:

There is evidence now. It is the incoming Presidents job to further follow the evidence and act upon it. So if Trump does not pursue the evidence would that not make him the same as the Obama of October 2016? See, this is how it works, in a few short days the Republican Party will have total control of the Government. No more excuses.

And, FYI, every election is rigged. Every election, from the Presidency right down to the Mayor of the tiniest one horse town.

It seems to me that we should clean up own own house first rather than blaming it all on the Russians,  A good place to start would be CNN, Donna Brazille and perhaps the NY Times and Washington Post.

I haven't heard Trump complaining about rigged elections after he won, i guess its rigged only whe if hw lost.. He even went so far to say that he won't recognize the results.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It seems to me that we should clean up own own house first rather than blaming it all on the Russians,  A good place to start would be CNN, Donna Brazille and perhaps the NY Times and Washington Post.

None of the above comes close to Fox News, no other news media is so much hateful and further from the truth than FN.

President Obama is now acting like a tenant being evicted from a property, and he's going to trash the place on his way out the door just for spite.

Its ok since Donalt Trump don't like anything that isn't covered in gold, he'll renovate the entire place to suit his "king like" taste especially now that he don't need to pay for it.

On 12/31/2016 at 0:19 PM, tnycman said:

None of the above comes close to Fox News, no other news media is so much hateful and further from the truth than FN.

Was it Fox that fed the questions to a nationally televised debate to the DNC prior to airing?  Did Fox predict that Hillary was ahead by an insurmountable margin prior to the election, thereby ensuring that a huge amount of Hillary's base didn't even bother to vote (except down town Detroit which had a remarkable turnout)  While my choice would have been Cruz, the Russians did us a favor and it's gratifying to see the A holes get what they so richly deserved and merited.

Was it Fox that fed the questions to a nationally televised debate to the DNC prior to airing?  Did Fox predict that Hillary was ahead by an insurmountable margin prior to the election, thereby ensuring that a huge amount of Hillary's base didn't even bother to vote (except down town Detroit which had a remarkable turnout)  While my choice would have been Cruz, the Russians did us a favor and it's gratifying to see the A holes get what they so richly deserved and merited.

Unfortunately, or fortunately i do not watch FN for longer than 5 mins as it makes me vomit.

Obviously there is no reason to argue about ot as the majority of voters vote based on the party affiliation and not the persons quality or qualifications, DT is the perfect example, we all know not only he is a pathological liar, but a flip flop, it won't take long till all that will come to light, regardless the Republicans will never admit to that as was the case with GWB, he should've tried for treason for all the ylung man and women that died for Nothing, and i repeat Nothing..

On 12/31/2016 at 1:45 PM, tnycman said:

Unfortunately, or fortunately i do not watch FN for longer than 5 mins as it makes me vomit.

Obviously there is no reason to argue about ot as the majority of voters vote based on the party affiliation and not the persons quality or qualifications, DT is the perfect example, we all know not only he is a pathological liar, but a flip flop, it won't take long till all that will come to light, regardless the Republicans will never admit to that as was the case with GWB, he should've tried for treason for all the ylung man and women that died for Nothing, and i repeat Nothing..

Since your obviously intent on glossing over one of the biggest election scandals of our time I will just say that the Dems are headed for the wood shed come January 20th and it's the beating they've been asking for,

Since your obviously intent on glossing over one of the biggest election scandals of our time I will just say that the Dems are headed for the wood shed come January 20th and it's the beating they've been asking for,

Possible, but the Reps choice is far from ideal..

30 minutes ago, tnycman said:

Possible, but the Reps choice is far from ideal..

True dat, I was a Rubio fan before he joined the 7th grade spit ball fight. If nothing else, Trump deserves chance. What if he actually does create en environment that will boost our economy and spur job growth. What if we do become less dependent on middle east oil, and he makes peace with Russia? If not, the next scheduled election is in 2020. If he comes off his chain, I think Congress would be swift to react. Both sides were calculating impeachment less than 3 months ago. A few rogues still are. All I can offer is hope. 

Oh my, evidently a nerve has been struck! So, the Republican Party will have complete control over the nation January 20. From the very first day they can introduce, pass, and have signed any legislation they want. Trump as President can immediately recind or modify any Executive Order in place. So are Republicans meeting, planning, writing any changes? Don't know. But come what may the only "bogeyman" to thwart a Republican agenda will be another Republican.

Maybe the shrill voices of the "right" are because soon there will no to blame for their short comings but themselves.

i see endless opportunities ahead for wonderfully entertaining ( yet pointless and silly) political posturing.

You missed the fact that other than judicial appointments, legislation will need at least 8 Democrat votes to pass the Senate. It's not a filibuster proof Senate like President Obama had the first 2 years. We will quickly see how good of a leader Trump is if he can bring the Congress together instead of constantly ginning polarization.

Indeed, it will be interesting to watch. I'm willing to bet a crow buffet. Anyone else?

Edited: Is it cabinet appointments or judicial? I'm not sure now, Bama is playing their bowl game.

3 hours ago, moondog said:

Now this is where I really part with people, both left and right. So, if one does not like any news that goes against what they want to believe, that news is wrong and should be silenced? That is wrong. Go after, clean house, etc etc,  sounds un-American to me.

NONE of the media "tell the truth", most likely because they don't really know what it is and if they did it wouldn't sell soap, cars, underwear, or whatever else the advertisers that support a particular media are hawking.

Any truth to be found lies somewhere between the lies all media tell. Often the truth can be devised by carefully noting what the media does NOT say.

But having said that there is no greater enemy of freedom and liberty than wishing those who disagree be silenced. That is something I will fight about to the end because those thoughts and desires infringe upon my liberty.

No one has a right to put themselves between me and a pursuit of knowledge. Whether my beliefs end up true or false is not important. Liberty is important and those that wish to take it away by silencing what they don't want to hear are its enemy.

I grew up in the 50's and 60's. I remember well the air raid drills because everyone was scared the Reds were going to nuke us. Every first Tuesday of the month at 10:00 am the air raid sirens would go off and during the school year the school bells would all ring. When that happened we all got up from our desks, pushed the chairs back, and got under our desks. A guy in a uniform and white hat with a civil defense logo on it toured the school to make sure we were doing all the right stuff so we would be "safe".

Well this was a wonderful and comforting exercise. Sadly, one day the newspaper had a map on the front page and using concentric circles described the damage an atomic bomb would do to the local area. Didn't take much to figure out that the school I went to was going to be hit by a 10000 degree blast wave travelling at 500 miles an hour and my little wood desk wasn't going to help me much.

However being the good well raised kid I was I thought I should ask questions. So back at school I asked my teacher ( politely) after the next air raid drill " Mrs. Smith at what temperature does wood catch fire?" Well you can imagine how well that went. Yep that got me a label.

And so it has continued to this day. I know everyone is all a dither about government and the media but seriously, the government has always lied to you. The media has always lied to you. Politicians, all of them, lie to you. Not new stuff but apparently new suckers that believe it all.

Does truth exist? Why yes it does. But none of us are in a position to know it. Those that think they are, are wrong. This is one thing I know for sure: everything we think we know is wrong. (And that's the truth lol)

Oh yea, Happy New Year and keep your powder dry.

Archived