No idea what im doing

My job just got an older Dixie Narco 901? it seems to be missing the vend relay. i have another "Univendor" vending machine that ive been robbing parts off of (change maker and various bolts) to try and make it work. however, the vend relay doesnt match up. is there a way to de-pin the plug and wire up my older relay directly? please help lol. also, is there any other stuff i should check over on the machine? it gets cold so im not worried about the refrigeration part right now. mostly concerned with the vending operation. im basically needing a crash course in vending machines to make this work

22215306_1949487905272033_1249918512_n.jpg

This is a mess. The coin mech appears to be a quantum pro which should be MDB, but you need a control board or MDB conversion module for that.  That machine doesn't appear to have a board in it, so it may have a conversion module in it.

There is no 901 but there is a 501.  That one may be a 501R, which is just like a 501T but with a round front.

If this is definitely supposed to be a single price dixie narco machine, then you definitely need to get DN relay.  If it has a module, you need to verify that it even works.

Where did you guys get this? 

Dixie and Vendo relays are different and not interchangeable.  The Vendo machine looks like it was a multiprice machine before so it shouldn't have a relay in it.  If it does then it was single price but, again, th3 relay won't work in the Dixie.  There were some single price Quantum mechs made but they aren't good models.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need some parts for this

On 10/5/2017 at 4:28 PM, AngryChris said:

This is a mess. The coin mech appears to be a quantum pro which should be MDB, but you need a control board or MDB conversion module for that.  That machine doesn't appear to have a board in it, so it may have a conversion module in it.

There is no 901 but there is a 501.  That one may be a 501R, which is just like a 501T but with a round front.

If this is definitely supposed to be a single price dixie narco machine, then you definitely need to get DN relay.  If it has a module, you need to verify that it even works.

Where did you guys get this? 

already ordered the relay, its supposed to be here next week. got this from a friend of a friend of a customer. the coin sorter came out of our other machine but it plugs in just fine. 

On 10/5/2017 at 4:45 PM, AZVendor said:

Dixie and Vendo relays are different and not interchangeable.  The Vendo machine looks like it was a multiprice machine before so it shouldn't have a relay in it.  If it does then it was single price but, again, th3 relay won't work in the Dixie.  There were some single price Quantum mechs made but they aren't good models.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need some parts for this

mostly needing a rundown of what should be plugged into what. then i can figure out what pieces im missing and letcha know what we need lol

On 10/6/2017 at 9:03 PM, Southeast Treats said:

Is there a control board/ box mounted in the middle of the outer door (over the delivery chute)?  If so, post a good pic of that. 

I got my relay in the mail finally. plugged right in. however, coins still bypass the deposit slot and just drop right out the bottom of the change sorter. what should my next step be from here?

22447667_1952605048293652_852741117_n.jpg

22447221_1952605054960318_1780305288_n.jpg

22446889_1952605058293651_1299139935_n.jpg

You're missing the bottom cover of the coin path on the acceptor for starters.  It may be a bad mech but you really need to get a vending technician to look at it because there are just too many variables to what could be wrong.  Stop trying to get by on the cheap.  You have a f'ed up machine and you need a pro to look at it.

2 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You're missing the bottom cover of the coin path on the acceptor for starters.  It may be a bad mech but you really need to get a vending technician to look at it because there are just too many variables to what could be wrong.  Stop trying to get by on the cheap.  You have a f'ed up machine and you need a pro to look at it.

the one that goes here? i have that, i just pulled it off to see what was goin on behind it. also, its not up to me, its my boss' machine and he just told me to get it working. so thats what im trying to do.

22471700_1952607858293371_1362130271_n.jpg

Regardless of what your boss assigns you to do this is way over your head.  Nothing replaces knowledge and that's why you should call for a pro to look at it.  You and your boss might be good at what you do but since you don't do vending why not call someone who's job is repairing vending machines?  I'll bet you don't repair the a/c in the building or can repair someone's Porsche, so admit this is over your head and pony up the cash to have someone fix it for you.

Now this comes with a disclaimer, you will be working with 110V AC so BE CAREFUL and Unplug the Machine. If you have never fixed anything like this before, get a pro like AZ said, now is not the time to learn. If you fuckit up you may die. But if you have experience working with high voltage before and can do it SAFELY.

While you're at it get the manual, here :

Now, when you say that the coins go though the coin mech, does it go into the coin box, or the coin return cup?

If the former, your tubes are full of change, or your coin tube full sensors are bad if the tubes are empty, but either way, the machine should still vend with the proper amount of cash.

If it is dropping thru to the coin cup, there are 3 possibilities. One is that the machine is empty, if it is, then the coin mech is disabled. The second is that there is a broken wire, or bad switch refer to the manual. Third, is that the coin mech is bad.

11 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Regardless of what your boss assigns you to do this is way over your head.  Nothing replaces knowledge and that's why you should call for a pro to look at it.  You and your boss might be good at what you do but since you don't do vending why not call someone who's job is repairing vending machines?  I'll bet you don't repair the a/c in the building or can repair someone's Porsche, so admit this is over your head and pony up the cash to have someone fix it for you.

over my head or not, i still have a job to accomplish. my boss said to get it working, not hire somebody out of my own pocket to make it work. and i do dabble on Porsches whenever i get the chance. 

10 hours ago, orsd said:

Now this comes with a disclaimer, you will be working with 110V AC so BE CAREFUL and Unplug the Machine. If you have never fixed anything like this before, get a pro like AZ said, now is not the time to learn. If you fuckit up you may die. But if you have experience working with high voltage before and can do it SAFELY.

While you're at it get the manual, here :

Now, when you say that the coins go though the coin mech, does it go into the coin box, or the coin return cup?

If the former, your tubes are full of change, or your coin tube full sensors are bad if the tubes are empty, but either way, the machine should still vend with the proper amount of cash.

If it is dropping thru to the coin cup, there are 3 possibilities. One is that the machine is empty, if it is, then the coin mech is disabled. The second is that there is a broken wire, or bad switch refer to the manual. Third, is that the coin mech is bad.

AWESOME!!! thats exactly what i needed. you were right about the machine reading empty. i filled a section just to trip the sensor and it now takes the change. still wont vend, but with the manual i think i can get it working now. thank you sir

• 4 weeks later...

Archived