Am I missing something?

Feign Brio

Did you plug it in with the power off?

Are the configuration dip switches set correctly?

Also, describe what's happening. Are the bezel lights flashing? What code is the diagnostic LED flashing? Decoder is on the bill box.

Get yourself a MAG manual, should be able to find a free download somewhere, if not PM me.

It says "Check Machine interface or L6 opto circuit on main logic."

I'd check all the harnesses and make sure they are good.

If the harnesses check good with a multimeter then the val may be bad.

What model machine is it in?  There shouldn't be any switches to set for the MDB configuration to work. Pull the connector off and make sure none of the pins are bent over.  The normal connections are logic board to validator to coin mech. If you need a good validator you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

If the machine says correct change only.. then you are either low on change or something is wrong with your coin mech.  Correct change only usually only refers to a coin mech issue.  However, having a coin mech issue (even low on change) will disable the bill acceptor.  if everything lights up when you turn the power on but then it goes off AFTER the machine boots up, that usually means the machine disabled the validator due to a coin mech issue.

Is it low on change?

The simplest solution is to change out the coin mech.  You should also tell us what machine it is when you need info like this.

Chances are your coin mech is a Coinco 9302GX or Mars 6512. In order for a machine to take bills it must be able to make change. Fill your tubes with a roll of quarters,nickels,dimes. 

Archived