Kicked Out Of Full Line Location

agrantha

I have a location with a drink and snack machine. I received an email today, requesting I pick up my drink and snack machine tomorrow because the new vendor will deliver their equipment on Monday. Is it lawful for a location to give me such short notice?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Without a contract, yes it is usually lawful.  It's unprofessional to give you practically no notice, but i doubt your local laws protect you.  With a contract that specifically states needing a notice, you have SOME legal ground.

If you get kicked out with one day's notice though.. either you really messed up or the account wasn't worth it anyway.  Learn your lesson and move on.

While not professional on their part, this does sometimes happen when the location doesn't give a rat's azz about the vendor.  Try to meet their request if you can or explain that they will need to allow the machines to remain for a few days while you line up someone to move them for you.  Be more professional than they are (it will be difficult to do) and if the account is a good one for you then let them know if the new vendor doesn't work out you would like to be their vendor again - then get a contract.

22 hours ago, agrantha said:

I have a location with a drink and snack machine. I received an email today, requesting I pick up my drink and snack machine tomorrow because the new vendor will deliver their equipment on Monday. Is it lawful for a location to give me such short notice?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I was in a similar situation about a month ago.  Tell them point blank you need more time to ensure safety of the move for you and their property.  A lot of times companies think they are gettting a banging good deal by switching vendors and they find someone who will sell their vending soul.  Not me!  I have turned down account because they were butt heads trying to switch vendors for no cause and abuse the system.  Their current vendor had good equipment and damn good prices.  Just nit picking on"he dont put chips in neat enough" or "he has two glassfront soda machines and we want one old school bubble front"  

My question is, did it take you a day to coordinate a move to their location?   I am assuming no and it should take you almost the same time to coordinate your moving out. But at all cost take the high road.

Did you have a bad relationship with them?  They can ask you to remove them but boy this is crappy. On your new accounts try to get a 30-day notice in writing.  Some vendors put it in the delivery papers. It really isn't too much to ask when you are bringing large equipment (for free) for their employees, guests to use.  Type something up explaining you need permission to deliver and 30 days notice to remove. Sorry, this happened.

9 hours ago, Poplady1 said:

Did you have a bad relationship with them?  They can ask you to remove them but boy this is crappy. On your new accounts try to get a 30-day notice in writing.  Some vendors put it in the delivery papers. It really isn't too much to ask when you are bringing large equipment (for free) for their employees, guests to use.  Type something up explaining you need permission to deliver and 30 days notice to remove. Sorry, this happened.

Totally agree.  That is what I have started doing.  These companies darn near beg you to place machines and when they think they can do better want you out the next day.  I use to go off of the gentlemen/women's agreement on the thirty days with a handshake. Has worked just fine for the last few years.  But companies go through mergers and management changes, they get antsy for their new vendor to come in and woo them.  If its not in writing nor signed, it didnt happen is my motto. 

lousy thing for them to do, but happens...... I dont have many contracted locations, but I have given each stop a placement agreement, which explains 30 day moving notice....it has made me feel much better about not losing my equipment.   

Archived