What are they and how much pay. Again

Drink is a Fawn BC10 and the snack looks like a 1988 FSI snack.  The worth depends on how well they have been taken care of and if they work.  Does the drink cool and do the selections on the snack all work.  What type of mech and validator do they have in them, are they in good condition and quality.  I try not to disparage any equipment maker.  Hope this helps.  

31 minutes ago, Poplady1 said:

Drink is a Fawn BC10 and the snack looks like a 1988 FSI snack.  The worth depends on how well they have been taken care of and if they work.  Does the drink cool and do the selections on the snack all work.  What type of mech and validator do they have in them, are they in good condition and quality.  I try not to disparage any equipment maker.  Hope this helps.  

All

works as it should. Unsure of the validators and mechs. 

Sometimes you can work with the seller to get a sizeable discount purchasing the machines without the mechs and validators.  Then you can buy updated mechs and validators to improve the function of your equipment.

Those machines are in A1 condition so the rates are probably high.  I think you would pay about 70% of their posted rates and if you remove the mechs and validators you would pay about 60%.  Hope all of the helps.  Also if you don't mind doing some of the refurb yourself you can buy B rates machines.  You might have to paint them, put on new buttons and labels.  I think you have to call and ask about B rated machines.  The cost really drops if you remove the mech/valditor and do some of the refurb work.

So the photos of the machines you have need to be cleaned up.  Snack could use some new paint.  The drink looks okay.  

Without the mechs/valdate I would offer $900 for the pair.  Maybe a little more.

12 hours ago, Coal River Vending said:

38929891700_b261207f53_b.jpg38929891710_dc7994af64_b.jpg

I’m thinking usi?

While Wittern machines are far from my first choice ( having refurbished a couple and nearly came up short some digits ) I'd definitely think twice about buying a three wide unless you have a location that really needs it.  Most good locations will require a five wide minimum.

6 hours ago, moondog said:

While Wittern machines are far from my first choice ( having refurbished a couple and nearly came up short some digits ) I'd definitely think twice about buying a three wide unless you have a location that really needs it.  Most good locations will require a five wide minimum.

I’ll throw a smaller snack in with a drink that’s doing well just to maximize the location. 

Around here they top out at around $400 for the snack, and $500 with paired soda. Really only suitable for inside office area. They definitely can't go outside. Some of the soda sides can only do cans, so $400 for the pair. You seem some listed for more on CL and Ebay but mostly only purchased by noobies. I think there are both paired units and stand alone ones.

On 3/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, Coal River Vending said:

38929891700_b261207f53_b.jpg38929891710_dc7994af64_b.jpg

I’m thinking usi?

I have several of the drink machine. Solid machines in my opinion. All of mine are very user-friendly and also MDB/DEX capable. Never had a serious problem with any of the machines, except for one problem I'm having right now with a logic board (believe the problem is due to a power surge in a lightning storm). Loading the back selections is annoying however. USI/Wittern Group. 

1 minute ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

I have several of the drink machine. Solid machines in my opinion. All of mine are very user-friendly and also MDB/DEX capable. Never had a serious problem with any of the machines, except for one problem I'm having right now with a logic board (believe the problem is due to a power surge in a lightning storm). Loading the back selections is annoying however. USI/Wittern Group. 

To go even further, I look forward to going to my accounts that have these drink machines because I don't usually encounter "surprises" with them.... as opposed to some of my older machines...

I also had one of those snack machines, was a great machine. never had a problem with it. 

1 hour ago, Corvus Corax said:

Around here they top out at around $400 for the snack, and $500 with paired soda. Really only suitable for inside office area. They definitely can't go outside. Some of the soda sides can only do cans, so $400 for the pair. You seem some listed for more on CL and Ebay but mostly only purchased by noobies. I think there are both paired units and stand alone ones.

I wish i could get them for that price.  The USI soda is a pretty late model.  It's probably no more than 10 years old.

3 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

Curious why they would be purchased by “noobies”?

6 hours ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

I share a general dislike for front/rear loaders. If something in the rear is the worst selling item in the machine, it'll still sell out before anything in front of it.

There are three columns in the back and 3 in front of those. I think the columns are 1 deep for bottles and 2 deep for cans. Put you slowest sellers in the back, because you can't fill them without having a nearly empty column in front. A lot like the Royal 650/660s.

1 hour ago, Coal River Vending said:

I have Dixie narcos and ap snacks. Not sure what the front rear loaders are?

As Corvus said, some Royals and some USI's have front and rear columns for beverages. They do this to save space on the footprint, or to allow for more selections. The rear columns are a P.I.T.A. to fill if there is still merchandise in the column in front of it. So you try to load slower sellers in the rear columns.

As someone who uses pretty much all major brands of machines, I will say that they all have their advantages and disadvantages.  It CAN be a pain to deal with royals and USI (front + back columns) as it usually takes a little longer to fill, but the added capacity and versatility can be an amazing thing.  A royal holds way more cans than a dixie and is far easier to adjust and setup for different package sizes than a dixie.. whereas the dixie is a front loader.  Of course, a Vendo v21 has all of those advantages and the only disadvantage of being a vendo.  USI's arguably look the nicest and are very nice when it comes to moving them through doorways.  Basically, it all comes down to preference and generally DNs and Royals are the top 2 brands with vendo and USI in 3rd and 4th, but most of their modern machines that came MDB-ready out of the box are all good machines.  Just saying.  I am always leaning leaning either toward DN 501es or Royal 650s.  Depending on what you are doing, either can be the better option.

Archived