Going to pick up my first come machine and have questions.

I'm going to pick up my first Coke machine this weekend and have a few questions if anyone can help. The machine is a diet coke can machine not sure on the model the guy wasn't able to get to it to check. My first question is with it being a coke machine do I have to get any special permissions from coke before placing it? My second question is am I allowed to put pepsi or 7up products in it as well or does it have to be strictly coke? Because I am new to vending I have a lot more questions coming I'm sure but those are my primary concerns as of right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Just make sure that it isn't owned by Coke.  If it is, he can't sell it (legally).  If it is not owned by Coke, you can put what ever you want in it.  Chances are high that if it is branded on the outside, that it is a Coke asset and you can end up with a lot of future headaches.  If it is an older Coke asset that they don't want, then it is probably in need of some TLC and as a first machine not a good idea unless it is really cheap and he gives you a warranty.  In my opinion.

Make, model and serial number should be on a plate on the left side of the door. If the plate is not there the machine is probably stolen. A picture of the plate and or the machine will help us help you.

Actually, chances are higher that it is not a Coke asset but if there is an asset tag on the side or back of it then a quick call to the local bottler will give the answer. The majority of used machines on the market are old bottler assets and if they don't look very new they are likely to be off the books.

It is in his garage and he just wants it out. I am getting a hell of a deal on it. He says it doesn't dispense the product but after looking into it I have a pretty good guess what is wrong, and even if not the part I can pull off and sell to people who need them will more then pay for it and I will find another.

3 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Make, model and serial number should be on a plate on the left side of the door. If the plate is not there the machine is probably stolen. A picture of the plate and or the machine will help us help you.

He just had surgery and is unable to get back to it. I'm going to have to move a few things for him to get it out probably. 

2 hours ago, chriswagenschutz said:

He just had surgery and is unable to get back to it. I'm going to have to move a few things for him to get it out probably. 

That doesn't mean it isn't stolen.  He could have bought it off of someone that stole it.  Regardless, if it's old, it is likely off the books.  The only thing i have seen coke do around here is pickup old leased machines and get rid of them.

We bought a lot of Botters off asset machines.  They would give us paperwork stating it was sold to us.  Randy at Vending World sold us atleast 100 one year. He would put them on a pallet, strap them down and pack them in a RR car. The trucker would pick them up at the terminal in the same car they were shipped in.  Most were Pepsi.  Then we started getting them from the Pepsi bottler in Indy.  I was shocked at how nice the machines were on arrival.  Bubble fronts,  MDB, 10 select, nice stuff. $250 with mech/validator or $200 without.  We always got them without so we could put nice new mechs/validators in them. Because of the volumn Coinco gave us a deeeeeeep discount on them.  My tech,s would clean up 3 a day, put on new fronts if needed, etc.  We were fortunate to have a full time coffee tech and machine tech.

And you can put any product in them.  

Archived