Coinco BA32F MDB

bdef215

As stated in another post I’m putting a MDB module in a FSI 3076. Reading up on the BA32F validator and it seems I should be able to keep this unit as it’s capable of MDB. Its currently using a 9pin connector. All I should need is the correct MDB harness or is there more to it?

0B91295F-243D-4ADB-B3B2-1A1DDF9C8C03.jpeg

Now that I think about it, you can use that validator just the way it's connected since what you changed is just the coin mech interface to the machine.  That doesn't affect the validator interface.  You need to know that the MDB converter can cause slow payout issues with some coin mechs so make sure you use a 3 tube coin mech that uses solenoids to pay the change.  Anything with more than 3 coin tubes uses motor payouts and they are really slow when plugged into MDB converters.  You may, however, still experience some slow data transfer that will show up as slow credits on the display or lingering change amounts on the display for a moment after the change is paid out.

• Thanks 1

I'm probably going to order a coinco 9302 gx. It looks exactly like the coinco 9300 that is in there now just MDB style so I'm hoping it'll mount exactly like the old one. The validator is going to have to interface to the card reader that is going to be installed so surely ill need a harness to make that connection right?

13 hours ago, bdef215 said:

I'm probably going to order a coinco 9302 gx. It looks exactly like the coinco 9300 that is in there now just MDB style so I'm hoping it'll mount exactly like the old one. The validator is going to have to interface to the card reader that is going to be installed so surely ill need a harness to make that connection right?

The 9302-gx will mount exactly like the 9302-L (or whatever is in there).  They have the exact same dimensions so don't worry about how it will mount.

Well.. if the validator doesn't need to be converted to MDB, then you will connect the MDB converter to the card reader, and then the card reader to the coin mech.  If the validator is converted to MDB, then I am assuming it will be kit harness -- > card reader --> validator --> coin mech.  I only used a converter once and I did not mount a card reader so I have no experience with that but the payout was slow like AZVendor mentioned.  Not horribly slow, but I can see how some impatient customers would get upset when their change doesn't come out within 5 seconds.

As I said in another post, I don't know how exactly everything is going to work with the validator but you won't know until you try.  I am about 75% leaning toward it does NOT need to be converted.  The coin mech 100% has to be converted because obviously the kit takes up the coin mech slot in order to convert the signal to MDB.  I have just never heard of someone using one of those kits on a USI machine which is kind of special in many ways (good and bad lol)

On 10/24/2019 at 9:29 AM, lacanteen said:

h46079f65-jpg.404952

I just acquired a location with some kind of kit on it.  As far as I can tell, all it does is add a drop sensor and maybe sex but no MDB so I guess it's a little old.  It looks like the drop sensor from the VE UCB.  The stock board is still there and this "converter box" has a bunch of dip switches.  Wouldn't you know.. they called because the machine wouldn't accept money!  I'm about to yank that thing out of there!