Pyramid Bill Validators....?

tblake05

So I'll be adding two cc readers in the near future.  Both machines have artwork that go along with the location so drilling through it is probably gonna be a no no.  So I may have to use an all-in-one.  Right now were exclusively with Nayax just for convenience (trying to keep it all with one company).

Nayax offers validator/cc reader kits.  Apparently they don't offer just the cc bezel seperate.  The validator they include is a Pyramid brand.

Pyramid.... Any good?  They sound worthless.  We're running right now a split of MEI and Coinco validators.  When a coinco fails, we replace it with MEI.  Pyramid I've never heard of, and am a bit apprehensive to spend all that money on a reader/validator combo only to have the validator portion fail and have to replace the whole works.

Why can't they just make a modular that can bolt to a coinco or MEI validator.  Im sure they've got a contract with one another or some b/s.

Regardless, based off your replies, USAT here I come.

Personally, I have never heard anything good about pyramid but I have also never heard anything bad about them either.  I am also curious about pyramid.. but if I was in your situation, I would rather opt for an MEI with a 4-in-1 bezel and USA Tech reader rather than Nayax + pyramid.  What's worse?  Having a couple pyramid validators in your inventory or a couple USA Tech readers?

Old Pyramids were pure golpher.

The newer stuff is supposed to be a lot better but I have never ran any. I do like the fact that they allow the operators to flash and do updates though, may have to give them another shot.

Only ever found pyramids on old seaga stuff, gave a few away and didn't even try to convert them.  As far as bezels, the last I knew nayax did have an adaptor for the MEI bezel but it would not work with contactless payments, which is becoming a big thing.  USAT sells a validator with MEI bezel kit as an option, and they work with the contactless fine.  It should include the power supply and adaptor, which are each separate pieces to the puzzle.  The MEI bezel is an easy install as it replaces the regular bezel and does not wire to the validator, it goes directly to the power supply/ validator connection.  I know there are coinco bezels out there but have never used one.