Help with Vendo V407

Hello everyone, I’m new to vending machines I picked up a working Vendo v407 that was abandoned at my work. It was unplugged for about 6 months (by me) and it work prior to this. I finally was able to purchase it from the owner. I loaded the machine with soda and it cools and the cams work great when I actuate them by hand. The problem is when money is put into the machine either dollar bill or coins it except the cash but will not vend any product. Customers can get their money back by pressing the refund button. Just looking for any help. Thank you all!  

Is this a single price or electronic? (Does it have an LED display?) The v407 designation is just a cabinet size. The full model number (its like 10 characters long) would help as well.

Sounds like a lowering shelf machine.  Are the motor cams metal?  If so you should junk it.  They are ancient with no parts available and dificult to keep running.

If I understand what your talk about correctly, the cams are plastic. I believe it is a lowering shelf machine based on the research I’ve done. I’ve reset the pricing on the coin collector but still same results. Thank you for your help!

Is it setting a credit on the relay? (Do you hear a click from the relay when you’ve inserted enough money?)

As far as I know you aren’t supposed to be able to get your money back after the vend price has been met.

• 2 years later...
On 5/29/2020 at 12:57 PM, orsd said:

Is it setting a credit on the relay? (Do you hear a click from the relay when you’ve inserted enough money?)

As far as I know you aren’t supposed to be able to get your money back after the vend price has been met.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:57 PM, orsd said:

So I got one of these as well, I think it's a single price machine, any way to change prices on it?

39 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Candyman again showing his lack of knowledge. Never had a single price machine?  Ever? Hmm.

Wow ya. I’ve only been in the biz 3 years. One of the two single price machines I have I’m almost positive is older than me. As a matter of fact I think it’s a vendo 407. Stacker though.

In the right condition and right price I’d still bite on a super clean one of these today. Total tanks of a machine so if you’ve got a great deal on it for an account you never plan to use cards at or only sell cans, its a solid machine. 

Can you share the coin mech model and take a pic of the dip switch bank inside the mech where you set your prices and options?  It may be that you set the price higher than you believed and the machine isn't vending because you haven't met that price yet.  If the mech is returning the correct amount, either you aren't reaching the vend price or the coin mech is not firing the vend relay. 

If it worked before it was unplugged for 6 months, but not since you powered it back on,  look for the easy things first starting with any adjustments you might have made. 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI i did not buy it, it works fine, it was a takeover, the owner didn't want to deal with it, so i took it over, and started making cash with it, its not that i don't know the machine, which i do, just not into dinosaurs as i should be, i will be updating the machine to possibly a better bill acceptor instead of the coinco. i would never buy an old machine like this to begin with, but if i can make cash with it, im all in, the only difference is that it runs 110v instead of 24v

i do not lack the knowledge about the machine, and every new machine i come across is just a new venture

Edited by NYCandyMaN