Mover Rates

jvaro000

I originally thought I was going to move machines myself just going the trailer and heavy duty hand truck route. Now looking at the horror stories of trying to move these things by myself I have looked at hiring a mover. My local mover is insured and assured me they have moved vending machines before; but the hook is it is $150/hr. Does this seem high? Am I being cheap or is it worth paying to not risk hurting myself? Realistically, I would not expect a moving bill higher than $350 to get a machine placed within 30-45min of me. 

In the Houston area I pay $75.00 - $100.00 per machine depending on distance. 
Find a mover that specializes in vending machines, just because someone calls themselves a mover doesn’t mean they are capable of moving vending machines. 
 A lot of things can go wrong in moving a machine so protect yourself by using someone knowledgeable in moving vending machines. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Yeah, like there are more gun safes to move than vending machines.

I think what you may be overlooking is the fact that the bigger vendors have their own moving trucks for vending but practically no one has the equipment to move safes.

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

I think what you may be overlooking is the fact that the bigger vendors have their own moving trucks for vending but practically no one has the equipment to move safes.

Hell I'm not even all that big and I still do much of my own moving that isn't through stupid tight doorways or up stairs.