Best 5/6 tube coin mech?

AngryChris

Now that the CPI Gryphons are out in full swing, can anyone tell me how they compare to the CF 7512?  I have several locations that use a lot of larger bills and I am weighing my options.  I feel as though coin mechs are more reliable than recyclers just off of past research (I have never used a recycler) but even a 7512 can get emptied at some locations with a (.05),(.10),(.25),(.25),(1.00) setup.  I am considering going with the Gryphons to get an extra 1.00 tube.  I am trying to be somewhat conservative here and go with refurbished components but I am just reaching out to see what anyone else thinks.  And yes, they use cards too.  What should I get?  Bill changers just seem obsolete and expensive AF.

57 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Now that the CPI Gryphons are out in full swing, can anyone tell me how they compare to the CF 7512?  I have several locations that use a lot of larger bills and I am weighing my options.  I feel as though coin mechs are more reliable than recyclers just off of past research (I have never used a recycler) but even a 7512 can get emptied at some locations with a (.05),(.10),(.25),(.25),(1.00) setup.  I am considering going with the Gryphons to get an extra 1.00 tube.  I am trying to be somewhat conservative here and go with refurbished components but I am just reaching out to see what anyone else thinks.  And yes, they use cards too.  What should I get?  Bill changers just seem obsolete and expensive AF.

It has been a challenge getting dollar coins during the coin shortage. 

To me, the Gryphon is a hybrid between the coin acceptance and tube sensing of the CF7000 and the 6 tube cassette and payout mechanism of the Currenza C2.  The bottlers have been using them for a couple of years now and, as far as I know, they've been pretty solid.    

In normal times (when coin shortages aren't a thing) , I would lean toward the coin mech to efficiently pay out dollar coins as opposed to a recycler dispensing $1 bills so an extra tube would be preferable to adding a recycler..  This is simply due to the amount of moving parts required to dispense either option and that coins aren't as prone to loosing their shape or wading causing jams.  If you're having to dispense larger amounts, you may consider a recycler for 5's and dollar tube for singles to ease pressure on the DBV.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SCOTT1963 said:

Chris,

The warranty repairs on the Gryphon have been very minimal in the shop, way lower than when the 7000 series debuted. To be fair, the 7000 was new tech and the growing pains have been fixed.

Thanks Scott.  That's the kind of info I need.

12 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

To me, the Gryphon is a hybrid between the coin acceptance and tube sensing of the CF7000 and the 6 tube cassette and payout mechanism of the Currenza C2.  The bottlers have been using them for a couple of years now and, as far as I know, they've been pretty solid.    

In normal times (when coin shortages aren't a thing) , I would lean toward the coin mech to efficiently pay out dollar coins as opposed to a recycler dispensing $1 bills so an extra tube would be preferable to adding a recycler..  This is simply due to the amount of moving parts required to dispense either option and that coins aren't as prone to loosing their shape or wading causing jams.  If you're having to dispense larger amounts, you may consider a recycler for 5's and dollar tube for singles to ease pressure on the DBV.  

Thanks Mike.  I know the 7512 had problems but I don't hear complaints from the Gryphon.  I just wonder if that's because it's just so new compared to the 7512.  I never used a currenza but I never heard anyone praise them!

I've heard people refer to the CF7512 as the "cadillac of coin mechs".  When maintained (kept clean), they were excellent mechs.  If I were nit-picking, I would say that the arms used to dispense coins would be the weak link.  I assume CPI saw it the same way which is why the used the currenza payout mech which is a bit more durable. 

26 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

I only have 2 gryphons out so far, but I like them.  Supposed to be less prone to dispense jams than the 7000's.  Also found out in the programming menu there is an option to accept pennies! 

That's very useful!  The payouts are what I have had problems with.  If the gryphons are better, I think I'm in.