MEI Dollar validator series 2000 VN2512

SunnyMc

I am trying to program a dollar validator to accept 5 dollar bills, I cannot locate the dip switches. According to the manual these switches have to be set to the off position before using the coupon for programming. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

20220412_162723.jpg

• 9 months later...

It should have a 2008 sticker on it if the rebuilder flashed it correctly and took the time to put the sticker on it.  But in your switch settings, if you turn on $5 and it won't accept a 5 now, which all of them are newer, then it's not flashed for new 5s.  If the validator is capable of being flashed it will have a a red dot over the i in MEi on it's colored label or it will say Flashport on it.  If those don't appear then the validator is too old to be flashed.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:09 PM, AZVendor said:

It should have a 2008 sticker on it if the rebuilder flashed it correctly and took the time to put the sticker on it.  But in your switch settings, if you turn on $5 and it won't accept a 5 now, which all of them are newer, then it's not flashed for new 5s.  If the validator is capable of being flashed it will have a a red dot over the i in MEi on it's colored label or it will say Flashport on it.  If those don't appear then the validator is too old to be flashed.

ok fair enough; if it CAN be flashed, can I flash it myself? or have to send it in? please say I can flash it myself.

24 minutes ago, Charlie613 said:

ok fair enough; if it CAN be flashed, can I flash it myself? or have to send it in? please say I can flash it myself.

Technically you can but you need a 2-300 dollar tool. So it’s not worth it, given that most flashable validators have been flashed at this point in time.

7 minutes ago, orsd said:

Technically you can but you need a 2-300 dollar tool. So it’s not worth it, given that most flashable validators have been flashed at this point in time.

Well... if I have 5-10 Vals that can be flashed and are not then it would make sense, I guess.

Link for tool?

I'd find it super hard to believe you have 10 validators that are all flashable and haven't already been flashed.  Regardless, for about $40/each, you could just send them off to get updated and new belts and cleaned up.

https://www.betsonparts.com/gaming/mei-bpm-lite-series-2000-24v.html

Like I said, it’s not worth it. I don’t personally have one, because any validator that still needs to be flashed at this point has not seen a service center for 15 years and thus desperately needs to be serviced with new belts etc.

If you truly do have a bunch of unflashed validators that have been somehow not flashed and still otherwise work well, and you insist on flashing them yourself at least go and find an old 5 dollar bill and make sure that the machine and validator are actually setup properly to take 5 dollar bills and that the validators truly are unflashed.

Also do keep in mind that the one above is only for 24v (MDB) validators, with model numbers ending in 2. If you have 110v validators (model numbers ending in 1) then you’ll need another tool.

Edited by orsd