Exact Change

KCB

first let me thank all those dudes who offered some sort of advice and help with that last issue. Changed a couple switches and BAM No more jackpotting. Anyway I want to know can i not put any change in soda machine and it have it only except exact change? the machines are DN 368  Vendo 480 and a 516. I have another machine that wont except money if there isnt enough change in the coin mech but ive heard people say they have no change because its exact change.

Am I reading this right?  You want the machines to not have change at all, forcing the customer to have the correct amount of change.   You can do that but machines won’t take bills until coins are in there.  What if customer doesn’t have the right amount of change, they are short 5 cents and put in a quarter, that quarter will just go in and roll out.   The idea of vending is to make it easy for the customer to buy.  Not scrounge for change.   

4 hours ago, Gizmo Vending said:

Am I reading this right?  You want the machines to not have change at all, forcing the customer to have the correct amount of change.   You can do that but machines won’t take bills until coins are in there.  What if customer doesn’t have the right amount of change, they are short 5 cents and put in a quarter, that quarter will just go in and roll out.   The idea of vending is to make it easy for the customer to buy.  Not scrounge for change.   

Ok that makes since and I get that. Like I said I have heard that said and I figured that may work considering its $1 for the soda. Why would the customer need change.  Ok well thank you for that answer

24 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

My attitude has always been that I want to accept any type of Yankee money the customer wants to use...

Too many businesses adopt practices that they think makes it easier to operate, but raises the bar for a customer to give them money.  No Bueno.  You got it, I want it, bring it on!

I agree.  I want bto accept your money as many ways as possible.

Hell, I'd even accept pennies.

Its a bummer but I recently heard that the more modern MDB changers don't accept silver coins.  (unconfirmed)  [not that there is much left in circulation anyway] but every now and then we get a silver quarter or dime that comes through I assume from some of the older dummy mechs.  Thanks for the bonus!

Edited by tblake05

Most coin mechs we use these days have the option in their programimg to set tube float levels or mech float value.

i.e. Tube A "x" coins, Tube B "y" coins etc or set mech float level to ?? dollars?

• 10 months later...
On 7/28/2022 at 9:24 PM, Southeast Treats said:

The new coin mechs from Crane have the option to do that.....

Bringing this back. Sorry Phil. Is it the gryphon that you speak of? Just curious as that will be my new go to mech since the cf7000 is hard to get. I read the manual but unless I missed it, I don’t see anything about penny acceptance.

Speaking of taking pennies?  Yes, I believe I saw that setting on a Gryphon, just didn't pay much attention since I don't plan to use it.  The 7000's can't do it.  Gryphon's are nice and no problems so far but I only have 1 or 2, have not really gotten into programing them yet.  There are still a lot of 7000's out there, I bought another refurb one just this afternoon. 

• Like 1

Any coin mech should accept coins regardless of the level in the tubes.  Before it will accept larger denominations like dollar coins or enabling a bill acceptor, it will need to have an inventory of change in each tube.  An empty coin mech should accept nickels and dimes from "go". 

That said, don't be that guy that only wants the customers money if it's stacked neatly for you.  Consumers have enough going on and don't need any more hurdles to giving you their hard earned cash.