Vendo 721 mis vends

I have a Vendo 721 that has been misvending for a while,  it is an 8 selection 10 column drink machine, columns 1-2 and 3-4 are double. the issues that I am having are with double columns, the initial problem was with columns 1-2 three or four drinks would vend with no problem and then customers would get a misvend, customer selects drinks and nothing happens, a user comes behind that customer and they would make a selection a get 3 drinks. Called Vendo and they said the issue is with control. I purchased a new control board and now the issue is happening with columns 1-2 and 3-4. when I push the button I can actually hear the motor turn to do a successful vend, With the new board, it is vending every other drink, push the button I hear the motor turn and it drops a drink, I push the button to make a second selection from the same column and I don't hear anything but display says it is vending, I push the button again and a drink drops. strange.

With the new board, when you say you get a drink then no drink, is it charging even when it doesn't vend?  If it is charging, it sounds like the drop sensor is malfunctioning.  If it doesn't charge, then you need to check that slides are properly set and depth setting properly set.

It does have a drop sensor under the delivery shut its ribited in their costs about $50 fairly easy to change. Check the slide to make sure it is all the way to cans or bottles. A machine of mine did something simular to your problem the slide on the 12oz can moved a little.

It also matters if this is regarding small packages like skinny redbull cans.  My money is on a faulty sensor, insecure drop chute, or something rattling really hard to trigger the sensor (or bad evap fan).

Drop sensor issues should give a VS-1 or VS-2 error. These aren’t adjustable but I’ve seen several like this. Most common issue is that the drop chute was removed and reinstalled incorrectly. There are tabs on the rear edge of the drop chute that should insert into holes in the rear wall of the machine. These holes are generally hidden by noise reducing foam. If they aren’t installed, the rear of the chute sits too close to the cradles and the rear drink does not have time to drop and slide doen before the cradle catches it. Then the next customer gets that drink and likely the front one.  Pull the drop chute and reinstall correctly. 

Then you probably need a new drop sensor.  But before you replace it look closely at the entire length of the cable for any damage to the grey insulation.  If there is a cut or damage then the sensor must be replaced.