How do I make "ICE COLD DRINKS" scroll across my Coca-Cola Dixie Narco 501E?

The manual I'm following doesn't mention where to toggle the display message on or off. Can anyone help me out? I'm sure it must be in some sort of sub menu that i keep missing.

Press the blue service button, navigate to the USER menu by holding buttons 1 & 2 together, hold button 1 to enter the USER menu, then press buttons 1 & 2 again until you get to SSM. Press and hold button 1 until the machine says "ON".  Here's a helpful manual: https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/S2D-Program.pdf

• Like 1

This doesnt work for me

Remember its a coke branded machine. Here is the manual I'm using.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://rc.cranems.com/Uploads/SIID%20Coke%204%20Button%20Programming%20Manual803,902,490.31.pdf

If there's an SIID board in it there should be a blue service button (to my knowledge). I've never owned a coke machine, so it's possible their programming doesn't allow for the SSM. I don't see that option in the manual you sent either. 

Have you found any section of the menu that allows for USER programming?

7 hours ago, Cokedealer said:

This doesnt work for me

Remember its a coke branded machine.

Geez, if that's how you responded to my attempt at being helpful I'd probably never try to help you again lol

5 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Geez, if that's how you responded to my attempt at being helpful I'd probably never try to help you again lol

Felt snarky, but I’ve been helped out on here so many times I wanted to pay it forward as best as I could

• Like 1

Nothing snarky here at all.  If you have the aforementioned USER setting then your message might be something like ICE COLD COCA COLA since it's a Coke door.  I don't remember if Coke had the USER submenu removed or not.

8 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Didn't realize I was dealing with such thin-skinned people around here that a straight-to-the-point message would hurt your feelings.

4 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Nothing snarky here at all.  If you have the aforementioned USER setting then your message might be something like ICE COLD COCA COLA since it's a Coke door.  I don't remember if Coke had the USER submenu removed or not.

Thanks for the advice AZ, I'll keep looking into this..

2 hours ago, lacanteen said:

I just looked at the Coke programming manual. There are no provisions to activate/deactivate that feature. 

Ya its weird. I know for a fact it was scrolling on the machine before I started reprogramming it.

If it's a default setting for Coke vendors, you should be able to pull the battery long enough to dump the ram.  Reprogram for pricing, sts, etc.  It should automatically scroll that message IF it's default for that firmware.

1 hour ago, Vendo Mike said:

If it's a default setting for Coke vendors, you should be able to pull the battery long enough to dump the ram.  Reprogram for pricing, sts, etc.  It should automatically scroll that message IF it's default for that firmware.

I had a similar issue before and this worked for me!

15 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Will try this and update soon. Thanks Mike

On 4/3/2024 at 4:56 PM, Vendo Mike said:

UPDATE: I tried this out and I still have the same issue. Too bad because it would make the machine a lot more inviting if it did have that message scrolling on the display. The good news is, forcing the hard reset on the machine made me have to re configure all the pricing and configuration codes, forcing me to better understand some of the inner workings of the machine.

Any more advice is welcome. Thanks.

If it helps, the scrolling message isn't likely to increase/decrease sales.  As long as the customer knows what's in the machine and what the prices are, that's really all they look at in most cases.   Unless the display is showing an error or "sold out" messages.

What is the firmware number on the eprom chip?  Coke's should be 390.xx.     

There may have been firmware released after 390.51B to update for readers or something.  I could be mistaken.   If there is an update, it might benefit you with regard to readers as well as having that scrolling message.     It may be worth looking into.