The "Vending Big Guy" Compilation

Guest Vending Big guy

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am here to talk about vending, not to joke around. Now why can't we talk about where to buy candy?

Alright Bud, here's what you do:

Step #1:

You buy your candy from Sams.

The hour long trip is going to blow for now.

But, you minimize your trips out there by buying all you'll need for the month.

Shouldn't be too hard to do since you have approx 10 machines right now.

1 trip per month should be ok....for now.

Step #2 (VERY IMPORTANT):

As you build your route - spend time locating on your way to Sams.

This way you will build some stops specifically concentrated along your route to/from Sams.

So that, as you continue to make your monthly trek to the Sams 1 hr away, you can also be servicing along the way and get more bang for your time and gas.

Eventually the 1 hr trek will seem like no big deal since you will have plenty of locations to justify the time/expense on your way to buy candy.

There's my good deed for the day.

Glad I got that out of the way.

Im not a troll. I have been a troll on other forums, but not a complete troll. Vending is my passion. Im here to learn. I swear to god, u just go to get used to me.

LOL!!!!!! ;D My gut is tore up!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Guest Vending Big guy

I was at a strip club and saw a 4 select vendesign in Northern California. I don't go there every week, Im 2 hours away. Actually, I have seen that and used that thing for the last 5 years. Great peanut m and ms and reeses. That is when i first started going there. So that machine has been there for about 5 years or more. My buddy was with me and told me to give the operator a call and perhaps i could get some advice on vending. And so I called the guy and told him i have been using his machine for 5 years. I said, ''what do you make with that spot?'' He said ''oh about 50 or 60 bucks, not much.'' Then i said, ''wow! that's not bad. That's pretty cool, I have some machines myself and am excited.'' And then I asked him what kind of machine it was. This was before I knew which machines were which. And the guy said he didn't even know. He said that the machines were passed down to him by his military buddy or something. Then after a few minutes he said ''Yuppp, not a good money maker for me, nope.'' I asked him how many machines he has. He said about a dozen and said out of the whole route he only comes ahead with about 20 bucks of profit for the whole day. Now I wasn't about to be nosy but I was thinking to myself, how could he say he makes 50 with that one spot and only 20 bucks with 12 spots altogether? Something is not right there. Then he kept saying it was more of a burden than anything. I asked him why he has been doing it for 5 years then, having the machine at the club. He then said he would take down my number and he did and said he'll give me a call if the owner wants to get rid of the machines. he said it wouldn't be a problem for him and that his route is about 2 hours long and he is tired of the business. Then he said well he don't have a job so it gives him something to do. I asked him why he don't get better spots. Then he said, well that wasn't really taught to me, I just service these for my friend. I asked him how often he services and he said once a month. But i asked him why once a month if you make 20 bucks? He said, ''These spots, they just don't move. But i guess i like to pick up some quarters since i don't have a job.'' Now why in the heck would he drive for 2 hours to make 20 bucks? That is what he told me. He said he drives around for 200 miles and only nets 20 bucks out of all the machines all put together. what kind of a guy would do something like that? I never got a call back from him though. I told him i would buy the machines off of him. Should i give him another call?

Your a better man then me sherlock

Mainor

This may not sound like a good idea to you. But this would be perfect for Big Guy because ignorance is bliss. If Big Guy continues to acquire new locations on his way to Costco, it may be costly at first, but when he gets 50 to 100 locations along the way he should be OK. If Big Guy is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed, this will work for him.

Mainor

This may not sound like a good idea to you. But this would be perfect for Big Guy because ignorance is bliss. If Big Guy continues to acquire new locations on his way to Costco, it may be costly at first, but when he gets 50 to 100 locations along the way he should be OK. If Big Guy is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed, this will work for him.

Wasn't questioning sherlock's advice, but his intentions of trying to help this idiot that doesn't want to help himself

I have made it then lost it and now i am rebuilding. I like to think of myself as the comeback guy.

Making it and losing it still equals losing. The end result is you didn't succeed. Success in business is not a one time thing, its an all the time thing. If you "successfully" run a business for 20 years and in the 21st year you go belly up, you have failed and the first 20 years count for nothing. And you won't succeed if you keep trying to do things on your own (you already proved to yourself you don't have what it takes; you need guidance).

As I already told you in another post, you need somebody to mentor you. Passion doesn't mean a thing if its all you've got. I've met plenty of young couples who said they would never split up becuase they were "passionate". And, a couple years down the road, after a kid and the demands of marriage and parenthood, they're divorced; the husband turned into a drunk and the wife is stuck with a kid she can't afford to raise on her own. They didn't have the discipline and self-control to keep things on track. Their "passion" burned out because they didn't have anything to keep the fire going with other than good intentions and lofty dreams.

You're heading down the same road (in fact it appears from your post you've already been down this road with business).

Nope. When i go there to observe, my machine gets more vends. That's why im gonna get rich and you won't. Most of the places won't accept toy vending.

It's just for kids. Old people like retirees at the bar munch on my stuff like crazy. They would never buy toys. Plus toys are a one time sale. People eat candy every day.

Maybe your not offering the right candy? All types of people eat my candy, almost any age. Toys are just fads and those kids only need to buy it once. Candy is bigger than

toys.

dadburnit! I was counting on this toy thing! crap crap crap! does anybody want to buy a toy vending biz? Im investing in candy from now on!

your in luck I'll trade you 2 candy locations for every 1 toy location you have. ;)

im not sure mainor5251, first I have a coupla questions...what do you wear when you service your candy machines and if I wear white pants after labor day will the manager (who btw asked me alot of personal questions) forbid me from making money on a charity machine? I dont want anybody to think im in this for the money, obviously I dont like money or the accumulation of it, also are your machines the vendstars? I prefer u-turns but vendstars are ok. I have some other business ideas too, i.e. i read where I can buy some dentyne ice machines for 299.00 each (sweet) im gonna pull the trigger on that deal, because old ppl in bars want fresh breath, and i also sent a money order for some buzz bites, these are a bit pricey at 499.00 each but old ppl need to wake up and eat more candy while drinking and eating peanuts, I talked to this guy who had a machine in a bar that ive been going to for 5 years so after 6 years I asked him how much money he made he said nothing im not allowed too, its a charity machine, I said WTF! can I buy it, I dont want to make money either , see above reference, but back to my origional question, forget the white pants some girl named kelly just busted me in the mouth and now there ruined. gitta go for now but I will post again on another thread in the next 2 seconds

im not sure mainor5251, first I have a coupla questions...what do you wear when you service your candy machines and if I wear white pants after labor day will the manager (who btw asked me alot of personal questions) forbid me from making money on a charity machine? I dont want anybody to think im in this for the money, obviously I dont like money or the accumulation of it, also are your machines the vendstars? I prefer u-turns but vendstars are ok. I have some other business ideas too, i.e. i read where I can buy some dentyne ice machines for 299.00 each (sweet) im gonna pull the trigger on that deal, because old ppl in bars want fresh breath, and i also sent a money order for some buzz bites, these are a bit pricey at 499.00 each but old ppl need to wake up and eat more candy while drinking and eating peanuts, I talked to this guy who had a machine in a bar that ive been going to for 5 years so after 6 years I asked him how much money he made he said nothing im not allowed too, its a charity machine, I said WTF! can I buy it, I dont want to make money either , see above reference, but back to my origional question, forget the white pants some girl named kelly just busted me in the mouth and now there ruined. gitta go for now but I will post again on another thread in the next 2 seconds

What an awesome summation of this whole nonsense. :lol:

Guess I gotta go wandering through the bulk section more often, I pretty much missed the whole thing. :(

Wow! This is awesome. It's reasons like this and people like VBG that caused me to stop contributing here. I totally didn't even read any of these posts before they got mashed together in this one thread.

Wow! This is awesome. It's reasons like this and people like VBG that caused me to stop contributing here. I totally didn't even read any of these posts before they got mashed together in this one thread.

well darryl it's good to hear from you, hopefully you will start back posting.

andy

well darryl it's good to hear from you, hopefully you will start back posting.

andy

I'll 2nd that.

Though he may not know it - Darryl's posts were a huge help to me when I launched my vending biz.

(Thanks D)

It would be good to see him around more often.

However, I do also understand the sentiments you expressed Darryl.

However, I do also understand the sentiments you expressed Darryl.

Unfortunately, I do not. We've lost many good members in the past due to the actions of other members and I just don't understand why. It is so very easy to just ignore the offending member and not even know he is there.

There is an area in your profile called "Manage Ignored Users" where you can choose to ignore the posts of any member by simply entering their username. You'll never even know the offending member is here.

Unfortunately, I do not. We've lost many good members in the past due to the actions of other members and I just don't understand why. It is so very easy to just ignore the offending member and not even know he is there.

There is an area in your profile called "Manage Ignored Users" where you can choose to ignore the posts of any member by simply entering their username. You'll never even know the offending member is here.

actually when you block a person and they post you see a line that says (oneball has responded to this post, click here to unblock) everytime my curiosity got the best of me and I had to unblock to see what oddball had posted. But I cant for the life of me figure out why people let other people dictate how they live their lives. This forum is fun, lighthearted and best of all informative to me. The thing with dperry is I noticed he checked in almost everyday but only posted once in the past few months, so obviously he is still interested in what we have to say. so Im with steve I dont understand either!

Archived