Vending Big Guy wants another shot

caserri

Should Vending Big Guy be allowed to post?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

I've been corresponding to VBG and this member seems to have a strong desire to learn how to succeed in vending. He would like the opportunity to redeem himself and become a member of our community.

I've heard privately from some who wanted him gone and from others who want him back. I have decided to put his fate to a vote here.

It is now in your hands. VBG also has limited posting abilities to allow him to plead his case in this thread.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Vending Big guy

Hey folks. I made a bad first impression. I truly am sorry. I got a little bit too excited. Now whoever this Ray guy or this other guy from another forum is that I been hearing, I promise you that I am not him. I promise, I really do. The thing is I have went through a lot of stress over the last 9 months. A LOT of stress. I have lost a lot of money in biz opps, loans, and c.ash gifting type programs on the internet. Im not kidding. I lost over 22 k doing all that. I'm in my 20's so I guess for me it is a bit of money. And I spent another 3 k or so on candy vending machines. I have them located and will check to see my results in a couple of weeks. I really need help. I want to become successful. But I really don't know if I know what Im doing. You know one company says one thing, now people on here say the exact opposite. I was shocked to hear what others had to say about the type of machine that I bought. But that's not the point. The point is that I need you guys for real. i would be willing to do anything. I haven't slept all night because I have been so stressed about whether or not I can do vending or if there is enough market in it to be successful. I just simply don't know. I have been reading this forum all day and night to get educated. I have learned that vending is gonna take a little more effort than I initially thought.

As far as me going crazy in my earlier post, okay I posted a few too many times. But I promise you that I will do my best to not do that anymore. I won't do it that badly. I was actually having a little fun with it while explaining my stories. I wanted to share them since they are true. I do admit that i have been pretty wild on other forums before, not vending forums. And Im just used to writing very freely. But i know that this forum has rules and I have quickly realized that it's not worth it to goof off anymore. I want to be here to learn. Now, I do admit that sometimes I have a hard time understanding certain things or listening to certain things. But I need to be successful in vending. I don't have too many other options. I was a successful business man at one time. I got lucky, i had the right connections. But a combination of the economy and some bad choice I made, really tore me apart and brough me down to the ground.

I am asking for one more chance. Please let me be a part of here. No matter how many times I tried to convince the admin that I'm not trying to strip up trouble, he had his doubts. I guess it's a big coincidence, the fact that I act like someone else. I swear to everyone that I am not him. I did create an account before but i think i posted once and forgot my password and that was it. Let me start over. This is like life or death for me. Because you guys know a lot more about vending that i thought. There are so many experts here. I don't want to get ripped off anymore. I'll be the first to admit that I was chump for letting all the biz opps take my money. Im sorry if I got off to a bad start.

Afterall some people thought I was funny. If im let back, I won't make like 10 post in a row. I will only make serious post from now on. I have a lot of questions. yes i read over but i can get some extra help it would mean the world to me. Im not sure exactly which machines i need to get now. If i invested 10 k, i want to know what i should expect to make a month. I also do have other personal goals. And i feel in order to work on them, i need vending to work for me. I hope you can give me one more chance. This is actually very important to me. Thanks.

when I first started coming here I came from a yahoo message board that I had gotten booted from.even farmer john recomended to Steve and I quote"nip this one in the bud". he was one of my attackers on the other message board.I guess according to him if I am attacked I shouldn`t stick up for myself.years later here I still am learning and giving advice based on my experiances.fortunately Steve made this decision on his own and didnt leave my vendiscuss fate in the hands of my attackers.I voted yes to give him another chance.just because he doesn`t express his thoughts into writing very well or because he has some wacky ideas and thoughts doesnt mean he shouldn`t be giving the same oportunity as others.perhaps he will make it, perhaps he will fail in 3 months.our help will accelerate this process.

just please read the older posts for 2 weeks and most of the questions you ask have been answered before.also think twice before asking some of the questions you ask,i.e. how much do you make.we tolerate how many others that reach the min post count to access the members plus section and then never post again.there is also this ignore feature thingy that I guess some of the haters could use instead of insulting the guy.

Antonio, It's funny you bring that up because you are the one member I ALWAYS think about when everyone wants me to ban someone. Your name ran through my head when others were trying to convince me to get rid of VBG. I thought, "but everyone wanted Antonio gone and look how he turned out."

I am very glad I wasn`t banned.I already made plenty of mistakes with the help of this forum,I can only imagine what would have happened without it.at least there are 6 yes and none of the no votes.now lets show this guy what vending is about.hopefully he knows already that it is WORK and not just fill a machine and go.

Guest Vending Big guy

I am very glad I wasn`t banned.I already made plenty of mistakes with the help of this forum,I can only imagine what would have happened without it.at least there are 6 yes and none of the no votes.now lets show this guy what vending is about.hopefully he knows already that it is WORK and not just fill a machine and go.

Yup. Im glad too that im not gonna give up. One thing is im up and down all the time. But I believe that if i work hard in vending, i can get results

Personally, I believe he is a prankster from another message board and not really a noob vendor. Unless his newbie status can be confirmed and legitimized, he should not be allowed to post. Maybe at best, if given the benefit of the doubt, he can be allowed to only read the forum and thus could still learn from the back postings since most noob questions have all ready been answered over the years - assuming he is a noob. Many pranksters from disbanded Yahoo boards have been here in the past and will most likely continue to pop up from time to time. Nice to see some action taken this time around.

This guy was also caught in a couple of lies. First, the one about servicing a 30 day cycle on a machine placed 10 days ago! Second, and not yet mentioned, he talked about not wanting Uturn to know he bought used machines. Well based on one his postings he claimed to pay $150 for some Uturn machines and they are over $400 new. So why would he care if Uturn knows he is buying used since he never bought anything new from them in the first place? Either he is lying about the price he paid or lying about buying brand new machines from Uturn. Something doesn't add up. Craziness is one thing, but lying is another - which should not be tolerated. Of course lying is a good technique to fabricate more prankster stories. Keep the boot on him.

Its like anything else in life. If you don't like this guys posts and questions, don't read them, or don't answer. The one thing I found intereting myself is that this guy got more replies and more attention than most people do with legitimate questions and answers. I havent been here long enough myself to be asked whether he should stay or go, heck I am not even sure if I am liked around here.

I happen to be a lesbian trapped in a man's body!tongue.gif

Whoa Nellie!! :o

You never mentioned this at dinner!! :blink:

I should have known that something was up when you kept referring to the 70's movie "Deliverance"! :o

Now it all ties together!! The only other thing missing were the dueling banjos and guitars :P

Personally, I believe he is a prankster from another message board and not really a noob vendor.

This is exactly what I think and I've told him that point blank. I'm not sure how he can prove that this is not the case but here are a couple of suggestions that HE made to me.

• He wanted to make a YouTube video to proclaim his desire to be a part of TVF.
  • He offered to PayPal me money to let him be a member here.

Not sure how the YouTube thing would prove anything but I'm pretty sure a foreign board prankster would not pay me money to allow him to post.

The only thing I know for sure is that he does live where he says he does. (Or at least his computer is where he says he lives.)

Guest Vending Big guy

This is exactly what I think and I've told him that point blank. I'm not sure how he can prove that this is not the case but here are a couple of suggestions that HE made to me.

• He wanted to make a YouTube video to proclaim his desire to be a part of TVF.
  • He offered to PayPal me money to let him be a member here.

Not sure how the YouTube thing would prove anything but I'm pretty sure a foreign board prankster would not pay me money to allow him to post.

The only thing I know for sure is that he does live where he says he does. (Or at least his computer is where he says he lives.)

Well the truth is everything i wrote is probably 100 percent true. See? Im located where i said i was. I was gonna make a video where I talk to the computer screen because i was talking to the computer when you didn't believe me. As far as the 30 day cycle that the other guy said, I have a vendesign carousel that had reeses that got emptied to the bottom because i didn't put the tumblers in correctly. So i had to go over there. That spot only had $10.50 but for 18 days maybe that's not so bad for a machine that only had 3 selects. Now it will be a 4 again. As for not wanting U turn to know. Here is the deal. I have paid 800 bucks on u turn eliminators. After that i found out that i could get them cheaper on ebay. So i got some machines on ebay that were 150 or so and i don't really want U turn to know. The reason why is because I have a sales rep that I call from time to time when I need help, or when i need some encouragement. He always makes me feel more comfortable about the business. I plan to expand in vending but i just don't know which direction to take. After the 30 day cycle which will be around the 17th, Im gonna service about 8 machines or so. I will be able to evaluate the numbers and see what needs to be changed. Yea im a little bit nervous. In a way i do feel like i have done vending for a long time. But i haven't serviced a full route yet, I have only serviced my first machine i located at a Hawaiin Restaurant. A used u turn i got for 150, it does about 27 bucks a month in sales. But the gumballs don't move one bit. I took those out and put in hot tamales. Now hopefully that spot does 40 bucks a month.

Glad to know I wasn't the only 1 to think kelly is a girl

Kelly's not a girl?

That explains the adam's apple. (Now excuse me, I need a shower.)

Well the truth is everything i wrote is probably 100 percent true. See? Im located where i said i was. I was gonna make a video where I talk to the computer screen because i was talking to the computer when you didn't believe me. As far as the 30 day cycle that the other guy said, I have a vendesign carousel that had reeses that got emptied to the bottom because i didn't put the tumblers in correctly. So i had to go over there. That spot only had $10.50 but for 18 days maybe that's not so bad for a machine that only had 3 selects. Now it will be a 4 again. As for not wanting U turn to know. Here is the deal. I have paid 800 bucks on u turn eliminators. After that i found out that i could get them cheaper on ebay. So i got some machines on ebay that were 150 or so and i don't really want U turn to know. The reason why is because I have a sales rep that I call from time to time when I need help, or when i need some encouragement. He always makes me feel more comfortable about the business. I plan to expand in vending but i just don't know which direction to take. After the 30 day cycle which will be around the 17th, Im gonna service about 8 machines or so. I will be able to evaluate the numbers and see what needs to be changed. Yea im a little bit nervous. In a way i do feel like i have done vending for a long time. But i haven't serviced a full route yet, I have only serviced my first machine i located at a Hawaiin Restaurant. A used u turn i got for 150, it does about 27 bucks a month in sales. But the gumballs don't move one bit. I took those out and put in hot tamales. Now hopefully that spot does 40 bucks a month.

how about shorter posts? I drift off when they get this long

Probation period and he should be limited to 3 or 4 posts per day, with a 500 character size limit to each post. Its probably not realistic with this software to enforce that, another alternative is if he asks x amount of questions that could have been answered with a quick search of back posts then he gets demoted to 'read only' mode (again, if possible with this software package) for a few weeks and try again...

If there's any question as to whether someone should be allowed to post here... I don't even know why we're having this discussion.

The biggest factor is whether he brings value to this forum. Does he?

If he did, we wouldn't be having this discussion. We already know his perspective on charity vending. He already said he wants to lead location owners to believe 100% revenue goes to charities. This would legally be considered a scam. I was listening to an NPR story the other day about a world renowned charity owner who recently went to prison because he made similar claims.

If he doesn't uphold a certain degree of morality, is this someone we want here? He clearly does not comprehend the basic differences between right and wrong.

Just some food for thought.

If there's any question as to whether someone should be allowed to post here...

Absolutely! Being an open forum does not automatically grant someone the privilege to post. They must act appropriately. Acting appropriately means that I do not get requests from others to have them removed. If I get multiple requests from others to have someone removed, I ask this same question.

I don't even know why we're having this discussion.

Because it's how I like to run a forum. With one exception, I always allowed our members to decide whether or not someone is allowed here. Granted it's been a long time since we've had a poll/discussion like this but we've had several. It's what we do.

I agree with the meat of your post and I will vote accordingly but so far it looks like we will be over ruled.

Well if the people who voted “yes” want to continue to haggle with this guy, that’s their privilege. This guy is very set in his ways and will not listen to reason or logic. You can give him 100 reasons to not pay $800 for an 8-select Uturn or 100 reasons to not focus on just candy and he will still argue (or rather haggle) with you. Buy corresponding with this prankster, you are just playing his game and into his hand. Have fun and enjoy the puppet show manipulation.

Well if the people who voted “yes” want to continue to haggle with this guy, that’s their privilege. This guy is very set in his ways and will not listen to reason or logic. You can give him 100 reasons to not pay $800 for an 8-select Uturn or 100 reasons to not focus on just candy and he will still argue (or rather haggle) with you. Buy corresponding with this prankster, you are just playing his game and into his hand. Have fun and enjoy the puppet show manipulation.

I guess you are unaware of the ignore button.if he is up to anything fishy dont you think Steve will ban him right away?

If it's only "probably" 100% true, it's almost certainly 100% dishonest.

You can't be kind of honest any more than a woman can be kind of pregnant.

And dishonest people don't become honest over so minor an issue as a forum membership.

I won't vote for or against this decision.

I want no part of deciding who is and who is not a member of this forum.

I'd rather just exercise my right to ignore those I wish weren't around...and they can do the same to me.

I initially voted yes, but admittedly, I didn't think through my vote. I have had some time to think. I spoke to VBG in chat the other day before he was blocked. Based on the conversation we had, and a conversation I had with another member about that conversation, things just don't add up. I went back and read all of the existing posts he wrote, and things are even more conflicting. The single post that stands out was regarding the charity and how he prefers that they assume 100% of the money goes to the charity. That's completely dishonest IMO. This whole thing is just too odd and unbelievable to be real. This is someone's joke. I now believe he should not be allowed to post. I do believe in second chances so, allow him to have a read only status for 30 days. He should be able to be tracked and if he really wants to learn, he will be on and reading back posts throught that month. If he is full of crap, he'll get bored with pretending to log in and read, and he'll go away on his own.

Archived