Does Anyone Ever Plop a Machine Down W/O Permission in Locations with Lots of Machines?

rogersmith

So let me get this straight. If you see a machine next to yours that's been empty for 8 months, call the number on the machine and get no answer, and take it with the approval of the location - that's unethical. But it is ethical to drop your machines off in a location without anyone's approval? OK.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I`m sorry but whats wrong with that mainor and kelly,NOT THAT I WAS PREACHING ANYWAYS??do we "hang out" so you know me and or have any real reason to believe I am unethical??one would think that common sense would be enough to understand that putting a machine in a location without permission isn`t how it should be,regardless if the location is attended or unattended.the fact alone that the slammers search for locations without anyone in charge should help understand that they are doing something wrong.if theres nothing wrong with it why isnt this done in all locations and a more common practice in this industry?? how many slammed machines do you 2 have on your route?I had a very rough nite myself,the thought of you guys slamming machines kept me up.I hope I can over of what a bunch of strangers think of me.

I would never miss sleep over something said here lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

So let me get this straight. If you see a machine next to yours that's been empty for 8 months, call the number on the machine and get no answer, and take it with the approval of the location - that's unethical. But it is ethical to drop your machines off in a location without anyone's approval? OK.

to answer that comparison , and of course it is just my opinion and i have yet to find the "laws of vending" book everybody else is reading.... the two are not comparable,,one is theft of a machine, which i do understand is probably abandoned anyway, but still theft of "actual property" being that it is something of value and you can touch it, see it etc..

slamming a machine as some see is unethical it really isn't as bad I think as nothing was taken... If its a public place then your tax dollars paid as much as the other vendor who got "permission"..Your only responsibility is to the customer and if they receive their gumball for the quarter inserted you haven't stolen anything..

If it was a commission location where it had a private owner who was expecting to get paid rent for his space then yes that would be wrong..the places i slammed where all directed at unethical charity vendors robbing customers quarters by misrepresenting a charity with their machines..I was on a mission to take as many quarters out of the criminals pockets as i possibly could to help stunt them from expanding their criminal enterprise of bulk vending charity scams.

sorry guys,,i just love getting things riled up! most of you guys are easy bait anyway so go ahead and send me some more profanity laden private messages! I love it!!

Post the pm's then let the fun begin. By the way there are abandoned property laws and as long as you are following "actual laws" then I see it as nothing more then providing a service to the location owner. I work at a county jail and will get our exact laws and will even start advertising this service to local businesses. I know around here people are always pulling abandoned boats out of the river and there is a legal process and getting a new salvaged title, doesn't seem any different to me.

If it was a commission location where it had a private owner who was expecting to get paid rent for his space then yes that would be wrong..

interesting! I hadnt thought about it this way! and yet we peel back another layer...I have some old machines that I might make single gumball machines out of and slam them in some of the public places mentioned just as a test. maybe I can start that thread sherlock was talking about. ;D

Im starting to enjoy this thread! >>>>>>> :ph34r:<<<<<<<< my slamming outfit!

should i really post it?? it has profanity in it... im gonna i think..

I really believe its just a second screen name for someone else,, they don't want to put their name out there so they have a second screen name to really express their true feelings!! lol

so who in this thread have i really peed off? hmmmmmmmmmm?

ron

Wow !! you are not gonna believe this...the message has been deleted and i cant see it anymore! I went to my messanger and it is gone! you know how it used to still show it but it had the little "deleted" square on side of it, well now its completly gone?:huh:?

I have the email,, if i don't get a pm from somebody telling me why it disappeared or something i can post the email.... well i just saw your guys responses so i will post email..I am out of good taste put asterisks where the f word is..

ronsidney,

vendy has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Wtf".

vendy said:

======================================================================

I read your posts everyday and I can't figure out if you are just trolling or if you are simply a ***ing idiot. Nobody could post such stupid ********* as you and not be a troll. Your posts are all over the place and seem like the ramblings of a mentally ill person.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!

You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below:

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=17591#msg27044

well i just saw your guys responses so i will post email..I am out of good taste put asterisks where the f word is..

ronsidney,

vendy has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Wtf".

vendy said:

I read your posts everyday and I can't figure out if you are just trolling or if you are simply a ***ing idiot. Nobody could post such stupid ********* as you and not be a troll. Your posts are all over the place and seem like the ramblings of a mentally ill person.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!

You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below:

http://vendiscuss.ne...=17591#msg27044

That's unacceptable.

Let me remind EVERYONE about the TVF rules on personal attacks. It reads as follows:

Personal Attacks

Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. VENDiscuss.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Notice that nowhere on the posted rule is there mention of threads, emails, PM's, etc.

Meaning, this is a rule that applies to posts using all forms of contact from member to member via this forum...including private messages not posted for the general public/membership to read.

We are not discussing anything in this thread that warrants such behavior regardless of who's post you may disagree with here.

Let's keep it civil no matter what means of communication you choose to use.

And for those that need a refresher -- you can find a complete list of the forum rules HERE

• 9 months later...

Hey guys,

Just to let everyone here know, if you walk into a location with the contract forms from the particular charities and tell them that all that is being given is the minimum per sticker per month, then that is illegal and you could face a VERY SERIOUS civil law suit for doing so. If you see a bulk candy machine or honor box with charity sticker on it then you have no idea how much being given to that particular charity and if you even imply that all that is given is the minimum in an effort to place your own machines then you could end up having your business sued out from under itself.

If the person "ronsidney" (who is bragging about this on this forum) ever did this to me, I would hit him with lawsuit that would stop his whole operation in its tracks and if he ever crossed state lines to do this, it would become a federal lawsuit. I also encourage anyone reading this that if your business has ever been victimized in this way by either this person (ronsidney) or anyone else, to seek legal counsel and seek monetary compensation.

These people are making false accusations and over ganeralizations about every vendor in the charity business and I have been told by a few lawyer friends of mine that this is illegal. Not every person who does charity vending only pays the $1.00 per month per sticker and many (like myself) give much more because we believe in it. While we (the ethical charity vendors) out there are helping many other people with the work we are doing, people like this aren't helping anyone but themselves.

Hey guys,

Just to let everyone here know, if you walk into a location with the contract forms from the particular charities and tell them that all that is being given is the minimum per sticker per month, then that is illegal and you could face a VERY SERIOUS civil law suit for doing so. If you see a bulk candy machine or honor box with charity sticker on it then you have no idea how much being given to that particular charity and if you even imply that all that is given is the minimum in an effort to place your own machines then you could end up having your business sued out from under itself.

If the person "ronsidney" (who is bragging about this on this forum) ever did this to me, I would hit him with lawsuit that would stop his whole operation in its tracks and if he ever crossed state lines to do this, it would become a federal lawsuit. I also encourage anyone reading this that if your business has ever been victimized in this way by either this person (ronsidney) or anyone else, to seek legal counsel and seek monetary compensation.

These people are making false accusations and over ganeralizations about every vendor in the charity business and I have been told by a few lawyer friends of mine that this is illegal. Not every person who does charity vending only pays the $1.00 per month per sticker and many (like myself) give much more because we believe in it. While we (the ethical charity vendors) out there are helping many other people with the work we are doing, people like this aren't helping anyone but themselves.

So to sum it up it would be a SERIOUS law suit just trying to be clear.

So besides moonlighting as a lawyer , judge and jury do you have any useful vending info to share? Here we share ideas, and tips. We help each other build a great business. We don't normally threaten a law suit on ESP on the first visit. We all read your post and I don't think you scare anyone. If you have real vending experience please share.

So to sum it up it would be a SERIOUS law suit just trying to be clear.

So besides moonlighting as a lawyer , judge and jury do you have any useful vending info to share? Here we share ideas, and tips. We help each other build a great business. We don't normally threaten a law suit on ESP on the first visit. We all read your post and I don't think you scare anyone. If you have real vending experience please share.

I second this. Well stated.

LOL LOL LOL!!

I  got IM from this guy on my messaging on here.. surely this is a clever ploy by the genius founder of this forum to liven it up around here!

i have to say its funny though..lol again

ron

LOL LOL LOL!!

I got IM from this guy on my messaging on here.. surely this is a clever ploy by the genius founder of this forum to liven it up around here!

i have to say its funny though..lol again

ron

Actually no, we've got plenty of crap to deal with without intentionally starting a shitstorm. There are more than enough trolls surfing around the net to do that.

so to recap,in order to properly and possibly Illegally "slam" a machine:

1) scope out the location and make sure there is no decision maker present,otherwise they most likely wont let you place a machine in there(whats this tell you??)

2) walk in the location confidently so no one questions what you are doing there(why be sneaky  and not walk in "normally"if your machine belongs there?)

3)service the machine as quickly as you can so no one confronts you about the machine,since,you know, it doesnt belong there

4) justify it all by basically saying the location exists so I am entitled to it or by reasoning that they have a machine already,what will another on hurt.

sounds very legitemate to me (sic) having to sneak around and tip toe in and out of  a location

still waiting on whatever your answer is as to why you would think I shouldnt "preach" ethics there oh great and humble mainor,since you know me so well!!

Hey check this out for any of you charity vendors who ever get the boot because some golpher thinks he can go around bad mouthing you to your customers so that he can steal your locations.....

If this ever happens to you just go to ******** and buy what is called "*****" go back to where his machines are and squirt that golpher all over the mechanical parts of his machine. Guaranteed it will golpher that dudes machines up permanently.

Trust me, I do charity vending and this happened to me once. After I golphered his machines up after that, I never saw dude again. Funny as HELL too.

Hey check this out for any of you charity vendors who ever get the boot because some golpher thinks he can go around bad mouthing you to your customers so that he can steal your locations.....

If this ever happens to you just go to ******** and buy what is called "*****" and go back to where his machines are and squirt that golpher all over the mechanical parts of his machine. Guaranteed it will golpher that dudes machines up permanently.

Trust me, I do charity vending and this happened to me once. After I golphered his machines up after that, I never saw dude again. Funny as HELL too.

Be cAREFUL. i GOT PUT ON MODERATOR REVIEW FOR USING THE WORD **SHOLE

Archived