bought a route!

TKK

Today on cl I saw the ad. 7 machines all located in a chain of huge laundromats. I'm looking at them as we speak. Well its a freaken steal!

Weekly gross $1200

Made 49k last year and 52k in 2011. Pays taxes quarterly.

7 machines 3 combos , 2 snack, 2 soda.

His prices are good. All cans abd water $1-$1.25. Chips too.

Asking $8,000.00!!!!!!! Crazy Hu! Just came to the bank, making the contract. Pays about 25% comisson tho but I'm in!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok ill post pics just signed. Problems were..

The owner of the laundromats lives in Europe. He deposits his comission to boa. He knows he was going to sell them but I can't physically talk to him as he comes to the city once every 2 months. I'm thinking he's at 25% cogs and 20-25% comission. Services are once a week. He left all fully stocked with inventory and all cash left as well as coin mechs full they are the coinco vortex and the 4 tube ones

I did $6000 cashiers check and $2000 within 30 days.

Haha I saw it at 8 am and went to meet him at 2 :) I just about tripled my income :) he had to get out as his wife's due any day now

That smells like 2K a month in your pocket a month to me - good job

The way I figure it, you'll be so busy filling those combo machines, you won't have time for school anymore

Not to burst any bubbles here, but have you seen a contract with the owner for the locations or anything that spells out the terms so the owner can't change the game on you? I don't want this to be one of those "sounds too good to be true" things. I can't imagine why locations doing $49K are being sold for $8000. Did the two of you sign an agreement that is notorized? Do you have an agreed listing of machine model numbers and serial numbers? I just don't want you taken advantage of.

Did you get his keys and can you swap locks to some that no one else has? If not, get new locks asap!!! You can order your own key code from Lock America.

These are public locations and you don't want him or any Joe Blow who walks in to have a key for the machines. There are dozens or hundreds of common keys that anyone could have with them.

I saw a story linked by Vending Market Watch to a TV station somewhere that did a story about a single street that had several outdoor Coke machines stolen from with no visible signs of entry. I watched the video and saw right off the bat that all the locks had a key number stamped into them! Nobody in the story or from the vending company they interviewed ever mentioned anything about the common locks. Doh!

On a positive note, the Coinco Vortex changers hold a S*^t pot of money if they are full.

I did get a copy of his contract. It shows exactly what he charges him for "floor space lease" the owner is also selling crane claws and video games established ill pass on those.we did do a contract but no seriel numbers, I do have new locks but I will have to order more as this will put me at 27+ machines. I was at 12 last month.

thank you, well actually its only 4 laundramats. one was a mental hospital, that one he introduced me to the manager, saying id be the new guy, and the manager was very happy, he gets only 10% comission monthly. that one makes about $350 a month. so if anything bad happens with the laundromats, i think its still a score, because the machines are like new. all the bvs and coinmechs have been swapped with newer ones. they even take $10s which i want to dissable. there is one AP machine (he actually installed a new AC inside the bottom of it its like a home one, but he disconnected it because he said it didnt work out to well, so i may just sell it on cl, its new). the AP has a compressor as well, one is a USI i believe.one of the combos is an all in one unit, it has a ton of spirals, the bottom rows are for drinks, he has cans, and water as well. never seen those before, the whole thing is cooled, so even the chips are in there. i just dont think it can hold a ton of beverages. that one i didnt get a pic of. the usi is also cooled.

his contract said the following for comission

1 machine in location $225 a month

2 machines in one location $175 each

1 gumball machine $20 a month.

so in total hes paying $550+$350+$350=$1250 a month.

he did tell me that this was high, as the owner paid for his school (he wanted him as an asset as he fixes plumbing and would be his repair guy for machines) these laundro mats are 24hr and they have full surveillence. i think each one has over 300 machines easy. so he told me to re negotiate with the owner, as he just wants to make a comission and leave those machines in there. he said to explain how everything is going up, and with the purchase, cogs, and comissions to tell him its not really worth my time, that he will more than likely accept less, as he doesnt want to deal with it plus all my competitors only pay 10%. ill try to drop it to a 10-15%

i forgot to mention, it comes with 4 triples. there is a 5th location that he pulled out because it only made him $300 a month and paying $225 wasnt going to work. it does have a triple though, which brings in $100-$120 monthly. i just cant get out of bulk vending it seems.

im happy, i sold my bulk route last month. 35 locations making $700 gross a month, and with that bought this route making $3,500-$4,500 a month.

also, i know i can raise sales. and even lower the cogs. i sell a good ammount of mexican candy/chips (i actually cross the border and bring them from the sams, and barcel factory). he sells the small chip bags of hot cheetoes and munchies for .85, i sell the large hot mix for $1. should i take his small bags off and sell the large ones for $1.25?

the only bad thing is one combo is a stupid seaga. however its new (2 years old) and he has a 5 year warranty on it. its on the mental hospital as they wanted a smaller machine there.

21E75FF6-orig_zps826bd90c.jpg

B158E8E6-orig_zpsc47ee1df.jpg

7B31DF9C-orig_zpse5b4ef63.jpg

89CE2A21-orig_zps57815f53.jpg

00FEFFF9-orig_zpsa7b406e0.jpg

2C3F6C85-orig_zpsd0fae34b.jpg

C212513B-orig_zps8b29a965.jpg

A847B0A8-orig_zps9d5927db.jpg

D82948E3-orig_zps541d9b7a.jpg

AF443A0B-orig_zps17469cd2.jpg

Dude, you made out like a bandit. The oldest piece I see is the single USI snack with the yellow credit display. Top to bottom, USI 3155 3/6 combo vintage 2002, AP120 snack vintage 2002, USI CB700 GVC1 soda vintage 2002, another AP122 snack vintage 2002 (see the theme here?), Seaga HF3500, then I guess the all refrigerated snack USI 3116 SMIV vintage 1998. Not a bad haul at all.

Dude, you made out like a bandit. The oldest piece I see is the single USI snack with the yellow credit display. Top to bottom, USI 3155 3/6 combo vintage 2002, AP120 snack vintage 2002, USI CB700 GVC1 soda vintage 2002, another AP122 snack vintage 2002 (see the theme here?), Seaga HF3500, then I guess the all refrigerated snack USI 3116 SMIV vintage 1998. Not a bad haul at all.

No doubt,

I'm just hoping this guy actually owned those machines. He must have needed money really badly.

Your onto a potential winner there, good luck!............................... I see the self confessed vending snob Moondog agrees so it must be a goodie ;D !!!!!!!!!

Indeed I do Ron, even if it means having to enter a laundromat to service them ;D

i would swap them out to bigger equipment if possible do my laundries 2x a month

to make the best $

also ur insane to pass on the cranes and stuff those can make a lot , and are really no hassle

i do all my arcade stuff once every 4-8 weeks, a few locations with 60" cranes ill stop by every 3 months

and pick up $1,500 for 15 minute service time. plus it has nothing to do with food, u make way more profit

when ur not dealing with food

He had a claw that has been empty for months, he had like Pac man and some called big buck I just wouldn't wanna mess with them what if they get broken where the hell would you get it going again.

WoW. Was the guy who sold you this route a patient at that same mental hospital location you have a machine at? Because you robbed this poor little man!

Yeah dude, you are crazy not to jump on those cranes/amusements...Just Sayin'!!! Other than that, Nice Rip buddy!!!

Here is a tip: Buy the amusements/cranes for another killer price and if you hate them, FLIP them to a newbie for crazy mark up after you milked them like an ATM for a few cycles...

He had a claw that has been empty for months, he had like Pac man and some called big buck I just wouldn't wanna mess with them what if they get broken where the hell would you get it going again.

big buck hunter is worth a lot of dough depending which version

fixing them up is pretty easy, sounds like the guy wasnt running his route properly

makes sense if its been empty for months. IMO ur just leaving money on the table

not taking over that stuff, 4 mats is enough to support a crane route because u dont

really need much inventory its not like snack or bulk vending u can just fill them full

of knobby balls at .15c each and set it to pay out at $3 for each ball

Archived