bought a route!

TKK

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, so i went to all of them again as one needed product well chips. encounterd 3 problems. one coin mech has the coins stuuck on top like usual, the vortex one was also full of jamed coins ontop, and took a while to get it going. the seaga combo is missing 1 spiral becaus it has a broken plastic thingy that holds the spiral, need to find one thats one more product i can put. the bad, one of the big 12 select soda machines, has an mei bv. the led in the back is steady so no problems showing, however when you put a dollar it only takes the bills halfways then spits it back. it seems like something stops the belts from taking it in. unplugged, cleaned, and all but still it wont take the bills. thankfully they have huge change machines. but it has a ton of change now. do you guys know how i can find out the problem on it? i went to rekey all of them, and one of the machones from yesterday had no chips already when it did have some yesterday. the spirals are too big you can only fit like 8 chips. its the one that is fully refrigirated and vends sodas from spirals. everything else went great, took some pics of the crane and arcades.

to top it off, he called me today saying there was 3 good locations that had contacted him that needed machines, but he didnt want to spend $2-$3k for a machine. like his seaga was $2,700 lol. i have the manuals to everything.

arcades...

EFA93B90-orig_zpsc2a0aa28.jpg

180B2A8B-orig_zps39ac9f23.jpg

12AC663F-orig_zpsb456196c.jpg

A8A7391C-orig_zps41f2d50c.jpg

broken piece or missing piece on seaga

DC59B4E3-orig_zps6eb6647b.jpg

raised prices (all famous amous, cookies, fruit gummies, pastries raised them to $1.25). and replaced some of the lower earners for cheaper product (skittles, reg mnms, pay days, rolos, for oreos, grandmas cookies, trail mix, nutty bars, )

0E0EDE46-orig_zps1a330fca.jpg

this is the one machine i didnt get a pic of yesterday have no clue what it is...

E414006C-orig_zps30ca820d.jpg

ok, so i went to all of them again as one needed product well chips. encounterd 3 problems. one coin mech has the coins stuuck on top like usual, the vortex one was also full of jamed coins ontop, and took a while to get it going. the seaga combo is missing 1 spiral becaus it has a broken plastic thingy that holds the spiral, need to find one thats one more product i can put. the bad, one of the big 12 select soda machines, has an mei bv. the led in the back is steady so no problems showing, however when you put a dollar it only takes the bills halfways then spits it back. it seems like something stops the belts from taking it in. unplugged, cleaned, and all but still it wont take the bills. thankfully they have huge change machines. but it has a ton of change now. do you guys know how i can find out the problem on it? i went to rekey all of them, and one of the machones from yesterday had no chips already when it did have some yesterday. the spirals are too big you can only fit like 8 chips. its the one that is fully refrigirated and vends sodas from spirals. everything else went great, took some pics of the crane and arcades.

to top it off, he called me today saying there was 3 good locations that had contacted him that needed machines, but he didnt want to spend $2-$3k for a machine. like his seaga was $2,700 lol. i have the manuals to everything.

arcades...

EFA93B90-orig_zpsc2a0aa28.jpg

180B2A8B-orig_zps39ac9f23.jpg

12AC663F-orig_zpsb456196c.jpg

A8A7391C-orig_zps41f2d50c.jpg

broken piece or missing piece on seaga

DC59B4E3-orig_zps6eb6647b.jpg

raised prices (all famous amous, cookies, fruit gummies, pastries raised them to $1.25). and replaced some of the lower earners for cheaper product (skittles, reg mnms, pay days, rolos, for oreos, grandmas cookies, trail mix, nutty bars, )

0E0EDE46-orig_zps1a330fca.jpg

this is the one machine i didnt get a pic of yesterday have no clue what it is...

E414006C-orig_zps30ca820d.jpg

You goober, if you were more worried about making sure to include a picture of the keypad rather than making sure we could see you in the reflection, we may have been able to tell you what this thing is!

Judging by from what I can tell right now, I would say that thing would cost you at least $2,000 (used) at any major vending machine dealer.

tkk,

I have the part in stock to reinstall the spiral in your Seaga combo if you need it. On your Mars validator that's not working, you may already know this- take off the bill box, lift up the silver bar and pull out the base of the validator. Clean the sensors in the base and the ones that are above those sensors inside using a dry cloth. Check the belts and reassemble and check it again. If you have the same problem then you need to replace it.

The last machine you showed us is a USI szf/dzf or a st/vt series machine- very late model. This goldmine just keeps getting better and better. If you have chips in large 8 ct spirals I think you may have a st model- single temp- that was set up for all cold drinks then used for snacks too. That would explain why the whole machine is cold. You can get 10, 12, or 15 ct snack spirals. I have them ranging from $14.70 to $24.26 each. The most expensive one is the 15 ct.

The last machine you showed us is a USI szf/dzf or a st/vt series machine- very late model. This goldmine just keeps getting better and better. If you have chips in large 8 ct spirals I think you may have a st model- single temp- that was set up for all cold drinks then used for snacks too. That would explain why the whole machine is cold. You can get 10, 12, or 15 ct snack spirals. I have them ranging from $14.70 to $24.26 each. The most expensive one is the 15 ct.

Goldmine alright.. not sure what a "used" VT/ST5000 sells for in the US but I would say a "new' model is upwards of $4000 so the news only gets better for TKK :rolleyes:

I was just checking out your pricing on your spirals & they seem a very reasonably priced to me.. cheaper than vendnet actually!

Do you stock a large variety of spare parts & would you ever consider selling internationally?

Goldmine alright.. not sure what a "used" VT/ST5000 sells for in the US but I would say a "new' model is upwards of $4000 so the news only gets better for TKK :rolleyes:

I was just checking out your pricing on your spirals & they seem a very reasonably priced to me.. cheaper than vendnet actually!

Do you stock a large variety of spare parts & would you ever consider selling internationally?

Kiwi,

I have tons of parts and I could ship internationally but I'll bet the freight would be a killer. Do you order from the states now?

Az how much for that missing thing and spiral? And I'd like 4 spirals for that fully cooled machine that can vend large size chips well

Kiwi,

I have tons of parts and I could ship internationally but I'll bet the freight would be a killer. Do you order from the states now?

Yes I do order some parts from the states as our USI distributor here does not carry any spare parts..

I know it must sound stupid that a distributor of a machine would not carry spare parts & I have had this argument with USI about not having parts back-up in NZ but have never really got anywhere. They don't even have "new" machines on hand so if I wanted to buy a "new" machine I would have to pre-order.

We do have parts back-up from Australia but i don't think a lot of US manufactures realise that NZ & Oz are two separate countries & it costs just as much or if not more sometimes to bring something in from the Oz than it would from the US.

A prime example of this is:

AMS does not have a NZ distributor.. to buy a AMS machine here we would need to go thru Australia!

This is the reason why there is not one AMS machine here in NZ! Its crazy that some manufactures don't see it & this is why a lot of small operators here are forced to buy second-class european & asian manufactured equipment.

I would love to buy a container load of AMS machines.. if only they would sell them to me!

This is the problem with all USI distributors, Wittern doesn't apparently require them to stock any spare parts or new machines. We have that same problem here in the US. You may only have an affiliate, not a full blown distributor, but there isn't much difference between them. I will look into what it would take to ship to NZ.

Az how much for that missing thing and spiral? And I'd like 4 spirals for that fully cooled machine that can vend large size chips well

Are the spirals for your top shelf dual spirals or single snack spirals? For big bags of chips you shouldn't go any smaller than 10 ct spirals.

Thanks AZ,

I appreciate your help in looking into this for me.. I would definitely be interested in ordering parts from you if it wasn't going to be too much of a hassle for you to do this.

The guy that brings in USI machines here is no longer the official distributor as a company in Australia now has the rights to distribute in NZ but because in the past when he was the official distributor here he had built such a good relationship with Jim & Heidi Chico he still is able to continue to do this somehow.

I am going off USI equipment slightly not because I don't think they are quality machines but because of the high cost of equipment & spare parts. I don't feel it is rite that the guy that brings them in here can charge so much mark-up for their equipment without having to stand behind their machines with spare parts & back-up support.

I am not against having to buy from distributors but in our case we really only have one company based here (apart from the guy that brings in USI's) that sells "new" equipment. This does not work very well as they can charge whatever they like because of the lack of competition.

Do you buy "new" machines & parts directly from the manufacture or do you have to buy from authorised distributors in your area?

I bought some AP snack spirals from D&S a couple of years ago, it was about $40 shipping for 10 spirals with USPS.

From memory the freight quote was around $100 (I cant recall if DHL, UPS, or FEDEX)

Generally I find USPS to be the cheaper option to get stuff between the US and Australia, but I haven't ordered anything very heavy.

Biggest problem seems that many companies don't consider USPS, as they are used to nationwide pricing where freight companies can do it cheaper.

heres a better pic of it

76FC90C0-orig_zps6202f542.jpg

Now I can see that this was probably configured as a cold food version of the machine originally. The top shelf was likely set up for sandwiches and the second shelf was for burritos, etc.

What size spirals would you like for the 5 top shelf selections? The 10 ct. spirals have a space between loops of 1.89 in. and the 12 ct have a space between loops of 1.55 in. In comparison, the 8 ct. spirals you have now have a loop spacing of 2.37 in. Are the spirals ok on the second shelf?

Be sure that you pull the vent screen out from under the cooling deck and clean it monthly or more often if in a dusty location like one of your laundromats. Also keep 4 - 6 inches of space behind the machine for good airflow.

this guy puts like a blue filter on them to capture the lint, do you think thats good or bad? can you clean the compressors with a dust spray or what do you usually use without causing a storm in there?

the top shelves fit maybe 8 chips and they are so big that the bags turn sideways sometimes, i just want to fit the large size even full air bags like funyons or hot cheetos puffs. maybe like 4 10-12 spiral ones and one 12-14 spiral one?

i couldnt find a make or model on it. hope its a good machine.

The model number and serial number should be on a label stuck to the left side of the cabinet under the bottom shelf. It might also be inside the compartment on the right. I can get you 4 - 10 ct. and 1 - 12 ct. or 4 - 12 ct. and 1 - 15 ct. spirals, whichever you prefer.

The filter material is not a bad idea as long as it's changed regularly, but it's probably a shortcut to regularly cleaning the condenser. The best way to clean a condenser is to take a hair comb and drag it down the face of the evaporator pulling the dirt off. Doing this on a regular basis will keep lint and dirt from clogging the evaporator. A can of Canned Air won't have enought power to push dirt out of the condenser. To properly clean a clogged condenser, I use a tank of CO2 and a hose with a concentrating tip to blow the dirt out. It makes quite a cloud of dust but is easier than pulling the cooling deck and doing it outside. I think I saw the blue filter on either the CB700 compressor and those compressors are a bit of work to remove.

On the machine that needs the spirals, I made a mistake on where the filter is. The filter is pulled out from the right side of the cooling deck and is and actual A/C filter that slides in on end. The finned part you see when you open the door is the evaporator that air circulates through, cooling the cabinet.

yeah he had a filter in the side of it. i would want 4 12 ct spirals if they fit funyons, and a 15 ct for pastries/crunch donuts/chocolate cupcakes...whatever spiral fits those...lmk how much for the spirals and also the seaga plastic thingy

going for my first pull tomorrow. made new contact labels, and no pennie signs. i should lower my cogs as well. mexican candy time.

the chips i get for .24 and sell for a dollar like crazy. the wonka dip sticks i buy for .9 and sell for .50. the salsaghetti i get for .21 and sell for .75. these weird little pelon candy balls sell for $1 and i pay .24 for them ( i think a $1 is too much, but they were emptying a spiral of these every week in some locations at .80 so wanted a lower demand, at $1 i sell about 80% of the spiral. Takis fuego sell for $1.25 and i pay .34 rockaleta pops pay .16 sell for .65

2A5B63BF-orig_zps213ee517.jpg

D4B289A2-orig_zps59e36cec.jpg

79653EAF-orig_zpscc910cce.jpg

Archived