What's Your Biggest Vending Pain?

English Vending

In no particular order:

1. Stolen or vandalized equipment

2. Closed businesses leaving "locked-in" equipment

3. Losing great locations

All of these are major pains but are also so infrequent they do little to tarnish the joy this industry can provide a business owner.

KEYS, got to many damn keys!

Haha totally agree. Except now I will eliminate about 20 of the 30 keys I have. Went down to AA and bought a ton of locks yesterday. I believe it's about 2.50 a key from AA.

For me it would be

1.) All the No's Locating/Driving, getting out, back in, repeat ha

2.) Greedy Owners

3.)Stolen Equipment

However Favorites would be

1.) Collecting

2.) Collecting (Just like it to much) 

3.) Yes's when Locating

4.) Getting New Equipment

My biggest pain in vending is losing locations. Especially when locations go out of business and steal my equipment.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

1. Losing great locations (I usually don't mind losing low earners, it gives me motivation to get the machine out and re-locate it)

2. Hours of driving and burning expensive fuel.

3. 2" product (slowly working on phasing 2" products out of my route)

4. Locations moving my machines out of great areas in their stores to out of the way places where nobody will use the machine.

5. Competitors (Yeah, I know it's part of the industry, but I sure whish I had a monopoly and didn't have to worry about it)

thought of another one.

People putting out of order signs that you either cant get off or when the machine is fine but they trusted a child

today was both. had a 2" machine that was full they put a business card sized paper adhesive sticker that said it was out of order and wouldn't come off. ( it would but I didn't have time today)

with out opening the machine I put 2 quarters in and it worked fine.

thought of another one.

People putting out of order signs that you either cant get off or when the machine is fine but they trusted a child

today was both. had a 2" machine that was full they put a business card sized paper adhesive sticker that said it was out of order and wouldn't come off. ( it would but I didn't have time today)

with out opening the machine I put 2 quarters in and it worked fine.

You a pro, but you really can't say it's good by putting two quarters in and getting a capsule.  Gotta go thru six cycles to ensure one spot opn the wheel doesn't have something stuck in it.  Gotta look and see if a trinket didnt come out of a capsule and get hung.  Gotta ensure you don't have light product and distribution discs not allowing caps to fall.  Could be alot of issues, but yeah usually for me there will be an out of order sign and nothing wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody mentioned the biggest pain in vending! REFURBING machines!! This is my least favorite thing to do. Well you all know what I am doing today.

Refurbishing is my favorite part.

My worst things are:

1)  Rolling quarters.

2)  Out of order signs.

3)  Getting machines locked up when a business closes.

THE 12 DEADLY SINS OF A BULK VENDING BUSINESS!

1) Unreliable and untrustworthy locators - a waste of time and a waste of money

2) Rising cost of merchandise - creates a steady decrease in profits

3) Counting quarters and placing them in wrappers - very, very time consuming. This is a big problem if your bank requires that you place your quarters in wrappers. Some bank are very helpful, though. The Navy Federal Credit Union has a coin-counter that deposits your quarters directly into your bank account, with no fees or deductions, as you see them in coin-counters in supermarkets.

4) Cleaning canisters at location - WOW, is this a tremendous waste of valuable time. I would need to have extra canisters for every candy dispensed and at every location. This creates a big hole in my pocket, not to mention extra needed space in my home. It would, however, cut down on down-time spent at every location. This would help increase my routes down the long run. But the cost of purchasing and storing extra canisters would be unthinkable.

5) Having to throw stale candy away - this is also a waste of money and time

6) Business interference with other priorities - this is especially true when you have a full-time job and are running a vending route.It also stagnates the growth of your business.

7) Not trusting employees - this stagnates the growth of your business. It is especially true with bulk vending routes. It may not be as bad with soda machines.

B)Family members are not cooperating much - this also stagnates the growth of your business.

9) Converting your home into a vending business - this MAY create a dirty appearance of your home with many vending machines and parts scaterred every where in your home. It also creates an atmosphere of arguments with spouse and other family members. It also makes your mind think very slow and unproductive, which also, stagnates growth.

10) Not keeping proper track of costs and expenses, just getting by - this interferes with plans of action and business growth. It also prevents you from knowing what is working well and what is not working well.

11) Using your personal "OTHER"  income to run your business - this prevents you from knowing what is working and what is not working. It also causes financial problems in your home when your personal and family creditors are not getting their money on time or at all. It may also lower your credit score.

12) Running a messed-up bookkeeping system for your business - this creates a rise in expenses and costs involved in running a business. It also discourages you from expanding your business.

I have personally experienced every one of these 12 "deadly" sins of a bulk vending business. I learned that the best way to avoid every one of these sins was to take my bulk vending business very serious. In simple terms -the sky is the limit to your opportunities, especially with wealth. ONLY I can make a positive change in my business. ;D

Gilbert Ripoll

A couple we forgot.

1) Dishonest sellers on Craigslist (think machines are ready to go just need some light cleaning) hahaha.....

2) getting a shipment in and realizing your order is all screwed up

1) That all of the big chain stores usually have contracts with big vending companies

2) That there are very few places around my area for toy capsule locations.( candy sucks)

3) Working a full time job,limiting my time to locate.

4) Counting on locators,only to pull my machines out of lousy locations that they find for me.

5) The vending industry Is over saturated.

Archived