What insanely stupid things do people say.

Action Vending

"half that money is mine, my grand kids put it in there."

"any free samples?"

"lets rob the candy man"

"hey look he is stealing all the kids toys"

"why are you breaking into the machines"

"How much money do you make?"

"i had a cousin once that had a gumball route, he made piles of money"

This one is usually in full line "hey when are you putting beer in the machine?" My answer- when you get it approved with the boss. 

SHUT UP!!! 

why would anyone say these incredibly stupid things. 

most of them weren't even funny once let alone hearing them hundreds of times. 

What else do you guys have to add to the list?

crane machine---

" Thats the easy way to win it."

"Why dont you tighten the screws in that claw"

"Hey kids, he has it open, go up there and tell him to give you a free one." (answer-  "No kids, its not nice to beg, why dont you tell your cheap golpher parents to  go ask walmart for  a free ipod, or this restaurant for free food?" ) I dont really say that but thats what i think when parents ask their kids to beg for stuff.

" I spent $50 trying to win that garfield, you should just give it to me." (answer- theres only $18 in the machine so evidently you are mistaken)

I have one location

the same kid is there every time I go in and claims it took his money for $5-$10.00

I told him then don't touch the machine.

after the first $.50 cents and it didn't work you decided to try 20 more times?

DERP...

My personal favorite is

I put a $10.00 in the change machine and didn't get anything

I open the changer in front of them   there is no 10s...

The absolute worst is the SILENT CREEPER..

The guy that stands over you while you do your work and follows the money like its a plate of bacon..

Mo other all time personal best was

Girl 18, cute,   comes up and asks..

You all FU@@ING hiring?

Without missing a heartbeat I said   Absofu#$IngLootly  here is a application

I just wanted to read it so I knew age, and high school if any..

My favorite is an attended laundromat location where I frequently get refund slips for 25 cents lost in a machine that vends for 50 cents. How do you lose 25 cents in a machine that won't vend for anything less than 50 cents?! I told the manager not to accept refund slips from anyone claiming to lose 25 cents in any machine except my mystery mix head.

"How much money do you make?"  -That is the most uncomfortable question and it's not appropriate because we don't go asking them their salary at their job!

I also don't like it when people hover over me while I'm servicing a machine or when kids ask me for quarters.  I gave some kids a few quarters one time and where did they put them?  In the competitor's crane!  After seeing that, never again!  lol

Back when I first started I had a full line account in an adult day care center - unfortunately about half the adults were borderline criminally insane and were only there because who ever was responsible for their "release" couldn't keep an eye on them all day.  Both machines had radically high refund requests every time I went in to service them and being so new I didn't have any reference yet to know this was bs.

One day I go in to service the machines, the refunds exceeded the actual money in the machines.  Needless to say, I yanked that account "post haste" - lesson learned.

.......................... and those machines never had a problem in their next location

This summer has been bad in my grocery stores with the little kids hovering around me and I can barely service the machines.  These kids have no sense of personal space and know not to get in the way of someone working.  I have to physically place myself between the cart with the money in it and them.

Don't know if it is a cultural thing or what but the little hispanic kids get all up in my business.

In poker one of the most annoying questions is: "But how much do you lose?" 

Also I get asked all the time "how much do you make" in poker, it's rude and annoying.  I usually just rub my belly and go, "enough where I don't have to miss a meal"

This summer has been bad in my grocery stores with the little kids hovering around me and I can barely service the machines.  These kids have no sense of personal space and know not to get in the way of someone working.  I have to physically place myself between the cart with the money in it and them.

Don't know if it is a cultural thing or what but the little hispanic kids get all up in my business.

You just need to change your after shave. Personally I use "Olde Broccoli" - the kids hate it.

I was servicing a stop in a restaurant recently and a young guy who was working there walked by lugging a big bag if trash. He said, "I wondered whose machine that was. I used to do that in high school...haha."

I responded...cool...but in my head I was thinking. The $40 I just pulled out of here is probably five hours of you hauling trash. Haha.

I get a lot of people asking what I make and I ask what they make then after they're done answering I say not enough to detur them from asking me again and repetitive people saying wow that looks good trying to get free samples

I got everyone here beat. Try filling ATMs with cash. Imagine walking into a bar/store/laundry/gas station with 2-15k in cash for the machine.

Yes the comments are old and repeated a million x but I always joke with them if close by or just let them talk among themselves if far enough away. I usually like to be a like a 2 pump chump. In and out before they even know I was there.

Archived