Beverage and Food Vending Mistakes?

HeyHavok

Thanks a ton guys seriously, this is going to help me tremendously when I start my business. And I'm sure lurkers will benefit as well.

I promise I'll avoid chewy bars like the plague.

Again, any input is appreciated and gives all of us a way to share experiences anyway.

Some thing else I learned the hard way, one location asked for (pop tarts) bought them put in machine after two weeks and not one sold, guess I don't care for them anymore!

Even put them in other machines, not a one sold! >:D

mike

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a location with 10 employees that averages $45/week.  This comes primarily from about 5 people!

So true - a small location where the people actually use the machines will often out perform larger ones - you won't know if you don't try

Some thing else I learned the hard way, one location asked for (pop tarts) bought them put in machine after two weeks and not one sold, guess I don't care for them anymore!

mike

They can't even get the astronauts to eat those things

So true - a small location where the people actually use the machines will often out perform larger ones - you won't know if you don't try

They can't even get the astronauts to eat those things

Lol... They don't sell well, at least the strawberry ones don't.

mike

Lol. I ran out of pop tarts yesterday! I went thru 4 boxes...2 brown sugar and 2 strawberry. Go figure!!

I sell the heck out of pop tarts (strawberry, brown sugar, blueberry, apple, & cherry) but I also have a few locations that don't buy hardly any. You just have to experiment & see what works.

Pop tarts also have a really long shelf life.

Are you guys that aren't selling them buying the ones with the picture on the front of the package?

I sell the heck out of pop tarts (strawberry, brown sugar, blueberry, apple, & cherry) but I also have a few locations that don't buy hardly any. You just have to experiment & see what works.

Pop tarts also have a really long shelf life.

Are you guys that aren't selling them buying the ones with the picture on the front of the package?

Yes I did! Still nobody bought them suckers!

No more pop tarts for me!

I have about stopped taking personal requests, it seems like every time I put something in that someone asks for, they almost never buy it. I can figure out what the masses want by the sales volume.

Same here, I see pop tarts as I see a box of crayons, or dog treats. Then also they are .38c not that bad I guess for a dollar but id be taking off a spot for honey buns which outsell poptarts like crazy, or Tx cinamon or chocolate cup cakes. Pop tarts just didnt sell good for me. Neither did combos, cheez its, peanutbutter crackers, nutter butter, skittles, and now lately famous amous has been sucking golpher. It has always been Knotts, then famous amous,then mms cookies and then grandmas, and now famous amous is one of my worst sellers.

Same here, I see pop tarts as I see a box of crayons, or dog treats. Then also they are .38c not that bad I guess for a dollar but id be taking off a spot for honey buns which outsell poptarts like crazy, or Tx cinamon or chocolate cup cakes. Pop tarts just didnt sell good for me. Neither did combos, cheez its, peanutbutter crackers, nutter butter, skittles, and now lately famous amous has been sucking golpher. It has always been Knotts, then famous amous,then mms cookies and then grandmas, and now famous amous is one of my worst sellers.

Moon pies! I sell the #### out of them. Sams decided not to sell them anymore. :(  Walmart sells them cheaper than Vistor, only eight in a box. :(

Pecan pies #-2 seller

Danish variety pack #-3 seller

Chocolate cup cakes #-4 seller

#-1 selling cookie Chips ahoy 2.0 bag

Can't give away famous amos or grande maw cookies.

Lance Toasty PB crackers, great seller.

I love pop tarts. Wish they had more fruit than paste. Not to change the subject but what healthy snacks sells the best?

Define 'healthy'.

I love pop tarts. Wish they had more fruit than paste. Not to change the subject but what healthy snacks sells the best?

Define 'healthy'.

rmorris, I've had good results with Nature Valley Honey Granola bars, Yogurt Trail Mix (2 oz bag), Lulu Lime Plantain chips (not too healthy), Planter's peanuts, Strawberry Nutri-grain bars, Fiber 1 bars, Baked Lays, and some vendors sell Costco Vegetable chips; I haven't tried the Veg chips.

I sell all of them for $1, except for the peanuts.

Anything that is required to be healthy. Everyone now wants healthy snacks that don't sell. I was just curious what snacks that fall in that area are the best sellers.

Lol. That is the question I ask when people request 'healthy'. Their answers are surprising...pretzels, cheezits, granola bars. If it is on my truck, I will those in. But we all know those aren't 'healthy'. Everything in moderation, folks.

rmorris, I've had good results with Nature Valley Honey Granola bars, Yogurt Trail Mix (2 oz bag), Lulu Lime Plantain chips (not too healthy), Planter's peanuts, Strawberry Nutri-grain bars, Fiber 1 bars, Baked Lays, and some vendors sell Costco Vegetable chips; I haven't tried the Veg chips.

I sell all of them for $1, except for the peanuts.

I second this.

What flavor of Knotts sell the best for you?

Moon pies! I sell the #### out of them. Sams decided not to sell them anymore. :(  Walmart sells them cheaper than Vistor, only eight in a box. :(

Pecan pies #-2 seller

Danish variety pack #-3 seller

Chocolate cup cakes #-4 seller

#-1 selling cookie Chips ahoy 2.0 bag

Can't give away famous amos or grande maw cookies.

Lance Toasty PB crackers, great seller.

What kind of Moon pies do you sell the most of; chococlate bananna or both?.

Do you get the rest of the items you listed from Vistar or a combination of Vistar & Sams?

What kind of Moon pies do you sell the most of; chococlate bananna or both?.

Do you get the rest of the items you listed from Vistar or a combination of Vistar & Sams?

Chocolate!

I do mix them up in the same row at times. If I put just banana pies it takes longer for the row to empty.

Sams here in Lafayette was selling them, then just stopped. I never bought some from Vistar yet, just Walmart which is a mile from my house, only eight DD in a box. I tried to sell the singles decks of chocolate in machines it was so-so.

mike 

@AngryChris

Noted! Thank you for your example.

Thanks for the awesome advice guys.

If anyone could offer any more advice that would be great.

Also question for you guys, is there anything online or on these forums to learn about the mechanical/electrical aspect of soda/snack machines?

Our website www.vendinghow.com offers free videos on servicing snack machine. You might find something of interest there.

Archived