I Hate A Thief!

CajunCandy

It is my fault, I know it!

Normally I have my dolly for cold drink chained in back of my truck, just for that reason. I was out buying cases of drinks and moving into my office at home. Put in back of truck didn't chain and lock knowing i was still buying cases to bring home and sure enough it grew legs and walked off! The last place I stopped was a Super One for Hawaiian Punch, went back to truck, no dolly!

I guess i need to buy one of those fancy convertible dolly's where I can stack and roll on four tires!

Any suggestions? 

Anybody else had a good weekend?

mike

Personally, I have used both magliners and some offbrand convertible dollies.  They both have problems if you ask me but magliners typically cost a lot more.  I got a convertible at sam's club for $180 I think, maybe it was less, but it works great (3 cases wide).

I also recommend getting the shorter version, and not the version that holds 4 cases per row because, although you could put as much as 16 cases of bottles on a single dolly, I find it rare that you EVER need to load 16 cases of bottles on a dolly (unless you have a MEGA account) and it is MUCH easier to move/store the shorter version (normal version really).  I think the magliners are called the magliner Sr. and Magliner Jr. versions, but that might be some other brand.  The Jr's are better in my opinion.

Also, the aluminum convertibles are about as light as a steel upright dolly.  Just don't expect a magliner to last MUCH longer than the off-brand.

We used Magliner Jrs. on our three routes.  They are aluminum frames and toe plates with tubular aluminum handles.  They will hold 10 cases of 24 ct cans upright or up to 20 cases folded into a dolly.  Of course there are no more 24 ct cases of cans now.  Those dollies lasted us many many years and we never had to replace one or any parts on one.  They were around $400 new, but they were worth every penny. Because we always used them as foldouts (stored on truck folded then unfolded to service the accounts) the only drawback was the drivers tended to slide them out and drop the toeplates on the ground which bent them.

It is my fault, I know it!

Normally I have my dolly for cold drink chained in back of my truck, just for that reason. I was out buying cases of drinks and moving into my office at home. Put in back of truck didn't chain and lock knowing i was still buying cases to bring home and sure enough it grew legs and walked off! The last place I stopped was a Super One for Hawaiian Punch, went back to truck, no dolly!

I guess i need to buy one of those fancy convertible dolly's where I can stack and roll on four tires!

Any suggestions? 

Anybody else had a good weekend?

mike

Just be glad it wasn't your truck. I use the convertible dollies from Costco - $110 and I often pile 10 to 15 club packs on there.

We used Magliner Jrs. on our three routes. They are aluminum frames and toe plates with tubular aluminum handles. They will hold 10 cases of 24 ct cans upright or up to 20 cases folded into a dolly. Of course there are no more 24 ct cases of cans now. Those dollies lasted us many many years and we never had to replace one or any parts on one. They were around $400 new, but they were worth every penny. Because we always used them as foldouts (stored on truck folded then unfolded to service the accounts) the only drawback was the drivers tended to slide them out and drop the toeplates on the ground which bent them.

Same here, got magliners with 15 years of service on them. Buy quality, it'll outlast your vending career.

I agree with the Magliner recommendations. If you can swing the extra bucks, they will last you forever. We have ahad to replace the Sam's Club version twice now but the Magliner was in service 8 yrs before we bought the Sam's Club version.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Between my TRC coin mechs. all going crazy on me to now needing a hand truck!

Where is Santa Claus  when you need him! lol!

At least they didn't steal my expensive dolly, it is locked up!

mike

Theres a Blue dolly at sams its rated for 700lbs. It goes on all four wheels. Its only $79 and I love it. Got it last Month. U kick a tab and it converts. I hauled 16 32 packs with no problem. I dont like the 2 wheel style dollies especially for servicing. I can put like 10 32 packs and a big box of pre kitted snacks in one haul. I reccomend it. Please test it before tho the first one was defective

I also like to switch the tires to tubeless. Otherwise it seems you are always dealing with flat tires. At least that is my experience.

I bought some cheap tubeless tires for Sam's dolly and couldn't wait to get something else. The tires squeaked something fierce. My wife used it the other day at home and told me something is wrong with that thing!

Got a Magliner...just a two wheel, but it is great.

I also like to switch the tires to tubeless. Otherwise it seems you are always dealing with flat tires. At least that is my experience.

Yep,  I was filling one of my tube tires about three months ago and the damned thing blew out the hub - my right hand is still a bit gimpy.  Interestingly, the Costco model changed their design to tubeless ( probably got tired of the lawsuits )  No, it wasn't me that sued them - I tend to solve these kind of problems by personally tracking down the owner ( at which point he'll wish he had just been sued  ;D  )

I bought some cheap tubeless tires for Sam's dolly and couldn't wait to get something else. The tires squeaked something fierce. My wife used it the other day at home and told me something is wrong with that thing!

Got a Magliner...just a two wheel, but it is great.

Get the tires foam filled, will never go flat.

Get the tires foam filled, will never go flat.

Foam fill tires work great, never go flat! just expensive! For four tires on our RBT cost $1000 at work.

I know these are much smaller and should not cost much.

I don't want no aired tires for any dolly I will use, I had metal big time in the tires on first dolly I was using.

mike

They are heavier but worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Archived