Up Dating AP 6600 XL

CajunCandy

Is it worth it to convert a AP 6600 XL to a In One kit from D&S vending?

Will not use the dex feature.

Will use the five dollar feature, already have coin mech to install with new board and it already have the vn 2500 series dba  in machine.

mike

The new kit will use a different type of coin mech and different model BA.

If all you need is 5$ acceptance you could get by with a software update.

You may want the door if.

1 You need your machine to be ADA compliant?

2 You want guarantied deliver sensors?

3 You want to install a credit card reader?

4 You want to install a bill recycler?

5 You want the sensor that turns off the light when the room is unoccupied?

6 Your old door is badly damaged?

Walta

Is it worth it to convert a AP 6600 XL to a In One kit from D&S vending?

Will not use the dex feature.

Will use the five dollar feature, already have coin mech to install with new board and it already have the vn 2500 series dba  in machine.

mike

Seems to be a heck of a lot cheaper than the Golden Eye or Sensit kits which are about 5 bills but I can't see how it could add DEX.  If you're looking at that, the Revision doors are the best bet.

Sounds like that free machine is finally going to cost you some scratch

This is what I'm looking at, includes board and all cables.

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-1536-ds950b-1-inone-kit-ap-60007000.aspx

instructions;

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/pdf-manuals/ds950b-1.pdf

They do sell the sensor kit only for $190 but you might still need the new board so that's a good price for the whole deal.  I've got a Vend Wizard on one of my AP7600's but I don't see that one for sale anymore. It works well but I've never looked to see if they had to swap out the board.  I still had to load the bottom with sand to keep the cretins from shaking the machine to get free stuff - drop sensors will never solve that problem.

This is what I saw https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-8069-d10-0073-67-inone-drop-sensor-kit-ap-60007000-series.aspx

The Vend Wizard kits, VE's version of the guaranteed vend system, added to existing electronics in a snack machine, did not require a new logic board but it was problematic, worked best with a Mars 4 tube mech and caused coins to pay out slowly.  They discontinued that kit when they came out with their UCB retrofit board, though it now includes a drop sensor that might use some parts from the Vend Wizard.  Because the drop sensor is now integrated into their aftermarket logic board it works better.  You don't need a new Revision door to install this kit, but the UCB is the logic board included with a Revision door.

The Inone logic board doesn't have to come through D&S as it's now owned by Coinco.  If you'd like I can get you a price on the Inone kit for your machine and possibly save you some money.  What I like about Inone is that you can mix and match micromech and MDB with an Inone board, use DEX with it and add a guaranteed vend system and LED lights as well.  Inone states that you can have an MDB coin mech and a micromech validator if you wish as both interfaces are built into the board.  If you use MDB components with it you can then add CC readers anytime you want.

Had just posted this on another topic and thought I would paste it here

I am getting ready to upgrade a 6600 jr

First thing is to replace all the faded buttons. Then I have a bill validator hole punch. I am going to punch out validator hole so a mars or recycler can be installed.

Tuff front 

MicroMech to MDB kit from D & S vending at $150 I have used about a dozen of these and they have performed well. Have not used one a 6600 yet. 

http://www.dsvending...ersion-kit.aspx

USA Credit Card readers work well with this kit if you are so minded to try one.

LOL USA had no idea these worked with their readers...

Conlux MDB bill validator and Conlux 5 MDB Changer. With dollar tube  $150 for pair

LED lighting  $40

I will post pics once I have started.

The Vend Wizard kits, VE's version of the guaranteed vend system, added to existing electronics in a snack machine, did not require a new logic board but it was problematic, worked best with a Mars 4 tube mech and caused coins to pay out slowly.  They discontinued that kit when they came out with their UCB retrofit board, though it now includes a drop sensor that might use some parts from the Vend Wizard.  Because the drop sensor is now integrated into their aftermarket logic board it works better.  You don't need a new Revision door to install this kit, but the UCB is the logic board included with a Revision door.

The Inone logic board doesn't have to come through D&S as it's now owned by Coinco.  If you'd like I can get you a price on the Inone kit for your machine and possibly save you some money.  What I like about Inone is that you can mix and match micromech and MDB with an Inone board, use DEX with it and add a guaranteed vend system and LED lights as well.  Inone states that you can have an MDB coin mech and a micromech validator if you wish as both interfaces are built into the board.  If you use MDB components with it you can then add CC readers anytime you want.

Slightly off topic but I just acquired an AP Studio 1 with chill that's set up for Golden Eye but the eye is missing - all I've got is the pig tail where it would plug in.  I need to sell this machine, as it's too puny for my needs,  but the only eye kits I see are north of $500.  Is there a cheaper way to restore this to it's original condition? 

Had just posted this on another topic and thought I would paste it here

I am getting ready to upgrade a 6600 jr

First thing is to replace all the faded buttons. Then I have a bill validator hole punch. I am going to punch out validator hole so a mars or recycler can be installed.

Tuff front 

MicroMech to MDB kit from D & S vending at $150 I have used about a dozen of these and they have performed well. Have not used one a 6600 yet. 

http://www.dsvending...ersion-kit.aspx

USA Credit Card readers work well with this kit if you are so minded to try one.

LOL USA had no idea these worked with their readers...

Conlux MDB bill validator and Conlux 5 MDB Changer. With dollar tube  $150 for pair

LED lighting  $40

I will post pics once I have started.

I think I may have gotten off track here - seems that Cajun just wants the $5 capacity (now that I reread it).  Would this system work as well as the InOne for that purpose?

Mike, just so you know, with the $350 upgrade you do not receive the sensors for the guaranteed delivery. That is another $125 option. With the InOne kit installed you will have the choice of using MDB mech & validator or the micro mech and serial validator.

I also forgot to say that there is already a port for you to install the validator. You should not need to cut any additional hole in machine.

Thanks AZ

Vendors Exchange has them for cheaper, I forgot D&S get there stuff from them and resell higher! lol!

Progress on AP 6600

Cut bottom of Bezel just even with the coins only light. Used a knockout punch and aligned it so the old mounting screws on the back of the slide line up with bill validator. If you use these studs as a reference the bill validator will line up perfectly. 

20131121_071524_zpse6f10801.jpg?t=138521

20131121_063101_zpsf2d92459.jpg?t=138521

Bezel was to thick for knock out so had to remove it and knockout on the metal only.

Now to find 24 volts for the LU 250 Kit. It is found on the upper left side of control board. Refer to diagram on cover. Strip the ends of the wires on the LU 250. Remove the plug from the control board that has the 24 Volts and insert the bare ends of the wires into the bottom of the connector and then plug the connector back onto the board.

20131123_060233_zps43636b25.jpg?t=138521

20131123_060638_zps4407c652.jpg?t=138521

20131123_060811_zps57d74c67.jpg?t=138521

20131123_061834_zpsd7285e9d.jpg?t=138521

20131123_062352_2_zps532e4ee0.jpg?t=1385

Just waiting on tuffront and new buttons to arrive to finish it up

Hey Roger, why not use wire taps that clamp onto the 24v wires, and use a VFM bezel on the Mars validator so you don't have to cut the full face front open on the door?  Just wondering.  I have seen the full face cut out of the door only when someone puts a Mars with a card reader bezel on it onto the door.

Hey Roger, why not use wire taps that clamp onto the 24v wires, and use a VFM bezel on the Mars validator so you don't have to cut the full face front open on the door?  Just wondering.  I have seen the full face cut out of the door only when someone puts a Mars with a card reader bezel on it onto the door.

I could have used the wiretaps but the connectors are tight enough and it makes it simple. No tools needed to install. Except bill validator. The reason I wanted to cut the hole was to give more room for validator and also give it a better look. Also I can install a variety of different Bill Validators. Conlux will fit now. 

Nice Roger!

I ordered a inone kit from VE for less money than D&S. I will take pictures of installation and hope it works! lol!

I recently purchased 3 6600's with the inone kits. They are nice but cost is higher. I have no need for DEX with my customers. 1 advantage with the inone is you get a new board and display. I prefer the simplicity of the AP programing.

Progress on AP 6600

Cut bottom of Bezel just even with the coins only light. Used a knockout punch and aligned it so the old mounting screws on the back of the slide line up with bill validator. If you use these studs as a reference the bill validator will line up perfectly. 

20131121_071524_zpse6f10801.jpg?t=138521

20131121_063101_zpsf2d92459.jpg?t=138521

Bezel was to thick for knock out so had to remove it and knockout on the metal only.

Now to find 24 volts for the LU 250 Kit. It is found on the upper left side of control board. Refer to diagram on cover. Strip the ends of the wires on the LU 250. Remove the plug from the control board that has the 24 Volts and insert the bare ends of the wires into the bottom of the connector and then plug the connector back onto the board.

20131123_060233_zps43636b25.jpg?t=138521

20131123_060638_zps4407c652.jpg?t=138521

20131123_060811_zps57d74c67.jpg?t=138521

20131123_061834_zpsd7285e9d.jpg?t=138521

20131123_062352_2_zps532e4ee0.jpg?t=1385

Just waiting on tuffront and new buttons to arrive to finish it up

That's a pretty fancy looking knock out punch - I've used them a million times for electrical but all of our's were round.  That one must have cost a mint !1!

I am not sure of the cost....... Pepsi had one they bought back in the 90's to put debit card readers on D/N 501-E's. 

The bolt going through has a flat side so it always lines up perfectly. You just need to have it straight so the bill validator isn't crooked. This one is off slightly.

You drill a 3/4" hole and then put it together. It makes a really nice clean hole. 

I think the estate sale was an electrician. Not sure and had I not seen one before I wouldn't have known what it was. Gave $50 for it.

This looks like it gives you almost an inch of additional clearance.  Is that the case?  In fact, I wasn't so sure you could install a bill box that big on there and have space for the coin mech.

It does give it more room. This one is just a $200 bill box not the $400. But you can get it off easy so you don't have to use the big one. I just did it to give a better look. 

Archived