Rodent Buffet

mojorhino

I went to my USI 3014A yesterday

gallery_6992_148_404435.jpg

& found a bunch of crumbs on one of the shelves.

gallery_6992_148_742838.jpg

So I went through the machine & pulled a bunch of chewed up product out of the machine,

gallery_6992_148_1075159.jpg

Then I borrowed the sites vacuum & cleaned out all of the crumbs & mouse turds out of the machine. Mice are pretty nasty by the way.

Then I located where I think the mouse/mice got in (the hole is not much bigger than half a quarter)

gallery_6992_148_221132.jpg

& plugged the hole with Duck tape

gallery_6992_148_593736.jpg

until I can get back to the machine next week with something to move it away from the wall to plug the hole properly.

Lesson learned: Make sure your machines have no holes where rodents can get in.

Mice will get in through just about any hole and sometimes in the front of the machine past the delivery door.  The USI machines also have plugged holes in the bottom of the cabinets so you have to make sure none of those holes are open as well.  Many vendors leave boxes of products in the machine which cover up the open holes and you don't even know they're there until a mouse shows up.

Mission is correct they will chew rite through the duct tape.  What is the only fix and will work that won't chew is.  STEEL WHOOL....   Go pick you up few packets of it at local dollar store.  They won't try chew through it long it mess up there teeth and mouths.    Best of luck

Steel wool is the way to go, but I would recommend glue mouse traps put one of those snickers half eaten as bait. I put a mouse trap in the bottom of the machine and behind it. I had an issue this week went in set traps put one behind and in cleaned the machine hear something out comes a mouse from under the machine he looks at the snickers eats the snickers on the trap bye bye problem. Never got one in a location in under 30 minutes.

Last week, due to the machine being in a hard to move location, I couldn't get to the cord behind the machine to unplug it & pull it through the machine & untie the knot.

Since my 7 year old is out of school this week I took her with me & she helped me push the electrical plug back in the machine so I could untie the knot.

gallery_6992_148_278362.jpg

After that all I had to do was have her pull the cord while I pushed the rubber gromet back in place so that it covered the hole

gallery_6992_148_779201.jpg

Now the free rodent buffet is no longer on the menu.

Last week, due to the machine being in a hard to move location, I couldn't get to the cord behind the machine to unplug it & pull it through the machine & untie the knot.

Since my 7 year old is out of school this week I took her with me & she helped me push the electrical plug back in the machine so I could untie the knot.

gallery_6992_148_278362.jpg

After that all I had to do was have her pull the cord while I pushed the rubber gromet back in place so that it covered the hole

gallery_6992_148_779201.jpg

Now the free rodent buffet is no longer on the menu.

Can we assume you didn't leave your seven year old stuck behind the machine ? ;D

http://cheezburger.com/1609591552

I bought a really small pallet jack from Northern Tool that weighs about 80 lbs... It will fit in the truck of your car if you have a big trunk. Works really good for moving machines around in the shop or pulling a snack out from the wall. Less than $200.00

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200419683_200419683?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Material%20Handling-_-Pallets%20%2B%20Pallet%20Handling-_-365384&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=365384&gclid=CPSCrLv90rsCFUMV7AodviQAhA

Archived