Single Price Soda dispensing extra soda

Hello All,

I have an older Dixie-Narco single price soda machine that is giving out free sodas. It is not cancelling the credit after vending the first soda. I checked the motors and they are not "coasting" past the notch. I had the door open and inserted money, vended a soda but noticed the red light didn't come back on the Coinco BA30A after the drink was dispensed. When I pressed the drink selection again, another soda vended, then the credit was cancelled and the light on the bill validator came back on. It seems to only happen on two selections, not all of them and then only once.

At first I thought it was a motor, but the motor is stopping in the correct location. I noticed it happens after the machine has been sitting idle for a while, because it only does it then and not when I try to get the machine to repeat the problem over and over. I can get it to do it only once, then, no matter how many times I try it, it won't screw-up.

It sounds like you have gummed up motor cluster switches.  This is especially true because you said it happens more often when there is time between vends.  This allows the gummed up contacts to stick together again and they don't come free until the motor turns and operates the switches. 

Send me a PM if you need a couple of cluster switches.

What AZ said.

Cluster switches can and will make you wonder what is wrong?

Simple single price machine can give you fits, I had one doing the exact same thing until I replaced all the cluster switches and now my trailer park queen has my little children sticking pieces of wood in slot for key.

Thanks AZ

Simple single price machine can give you fits, I had one doing the exact same thing until I replaced all the cluster switches and now my trailer park queen has my little children sticking pieces of wood in slot for key.

I don't want to sound rude but.... Huh?

Thanks AZ. Is the cluster switch the one on the motor cam?

Yes, the cluster switch is what runs on the edge of the motor cam. The switches aren't replaceable individually but as a set of three (the cluster). Do you need any?

I don't want to sound rude but.... Huh?

AngryChris

I have a DN 440 in a trailer park with over two hundred trailers, I pull $150 every week from machine, that is why I call it a trailer park queen.

Alright. I just wasn't following the children sticking wood in slot for key thing lol.

I have a security cover to install over key hole, because my machine is the hangout for almost 30 kids! One of them slide a piece of stick in blade slot and I had to dig it out before I could unlock machine to refill. That was not fun!

AngryChris

I have a DN 440 in a trailer park with over two hundred trailers, I pull $150 every week from machine, that is why I call it a trailer park queen.

Is your machine outdoors at the trailer park, and is it a very low income trailer park, or more like a residential "middle class" trailer park? I have considered this as an option for some time..

Is your machine outdoors at the trailer park, and is it a very low income trailer park, or more like a residential "middle class" trailer park? I have considered this as an option for some time..

hawsfan9325

Yes, my machine is located in the middle of the trailer park of a low to middle class park.

It is outside under a pavilion, where all the kids hang out at, or you can say school bus pick up!

No commission, and  no stores close to park. I'm waiting on summer time to get here, might have to put a second machine there.

Cajun, do you mind me asking what you are selling your cans at? That a pretty good sight for a single price machine.

I have to remember when comparing sales that I should be looking at the unit figure instead of the dollar figure to determine how good a sight is. An example would be:

If you are selling cans @.75c & pulling $150/week you are selling 200 units

If you sold 200 units here @ $1.50 you would be pulling $300/week

I hope this makes sense....

hawsfan9325

Yes, my machine is located in the middle of the trailer park of a low to middle class park.

It is outside under a pavilion, where all the kids hang out at, or you can say school bus pick up!

No commission, and  no stores close to park. I'm waiting on summer time to get here, might have to put a second machine there.

Just make dang sure you've got an extra circuit out there before you lug an extra machine out there only to find it won't work.  Maybe a bigger machine would work better - you could have thirty kids ripping around on Monsters all day (Monsters on Monsters ;D )  Just think how popular you'd be then :blink:

Cajun, do you mind me asking what you are selling your cans at? That a pretty good sight for a single price machine.

I have to remember when comparing sales that I should be looking at the unit figure instead of the dollar figure to determine how good a sight is. An example would be:

Let's see, Mike loads up his Airboat with 200 cans of Soda - takes off across the Gulf of Mexico, pays the transit fees through the Panama Canal and heads for NZ once every week to service one machine/  Nope, that makes no sense at all Kiwi ;D

Let's see, Mike loads up his Airboat with 200 cans of Soda - takes off across the Gulf of Mexico, pays the transit fees through the Panama Canal and heads for NZ once every week to service one machine/  Nope, that makes no sense at all Kiwi ;D

Smart Golpher!! But then again I would expect that from you  ;D

Heck no I don't mind Kiwi.

I've been selling Shasta drinks out of machine at .75 a can.

I have only one store here in New Iberia that sells it, when it is on sale I can buy it  4/12 packs for $10, or I buy the single six pack for .97 and load up the buggy!

Nobody complains about the brand of drink I put in machine. If I pull a name brand out of another machine I simply put it in my trailer park machine as a treat for them and it sells no problem.

mike

Just make dang sure you've got an extra circuit out there before you lug an extra machine out there only to find it won't work.  Maybe a bigger machine would work better - you could have thirty kids ripping around on Monsters all day (Monsters on Monsters ;D )  Just think how popular you'd be then :blink:

LOL!

Monsters on Monster!

I talked to my buddy who owns park about installing another outlet just in case I would put another machine there. I been trying to find a 501E machine local, so I can put bottles and monster! I just about gave up on it.

As for the airboat the $100 of gas in tank don't last very long! I would need a supply barge just to cross the gulf!

Kiwi is just plain out of luck on me bring him any cheap drinks!

I would seriously consider a frozen machine, ice cream and even small frozen dinners. I know a guy that sells a lot of those cheapie pot pies in a low income area.

I wish I could!

I'm lucky to have a machine there and not messed with too much!

LOL!

Monsters on Monster!

I talked to my buddy who owns park about installing another outlet just in case I would put another machine there. I been trying to find a 501E machine local, so I can put bottles and monster! I just about gave up on it.

As for the airboat the $100 of gas in tank don't last very long! I would need a supply barge just to cross the gulf!

Kiwi is just plain out of luck on me bring him any cheap drinks!

Just adding an extra outlet on the same circuit won't get it - you'll need extra wire pulled hopefully in the same conduit.  Otherwise it might be cheaper to buy a brand new machine.

Just adding an extra outlet on the same circuit won't get it - you'll need extra wire pulled hopefully in the same conduit.  Otherwise it might be cheaper to buy a brand new machine.

That is exactly what we talked about doing , running a another wire from the breaker box with a 20 amp breaker. I told him whenever he is ready to do it I would buy everything  to do it and help.

Thanks for the concern moodog!

That is exactly what we talked about doing , running a another wire from the breaker box with a 20 amp breaker. I told him whenever he is ready to do it I would buy everything  to do it and help.

Thanks for the concern moodog!

If the run is over 100' you'll need #10 wire (both hot and neutral) to avoid voltage drop.

Archived