Advice on moving soda vending machines around

Hello everyone, my brother and I are starting up a vending business by purchasing and placing soda vending machines primarily. I was wondering what advice you would have on the movement and placing of these machines.

I just spoke to a local vending machine distributor who suggested that we just pay someone to move these machines around when necessary instead of buying the equipment needed to do it on our own because moving them around ourselves is very difficult and with the right equipment needed, the cost savings wouldn't really be worth it when you consider the hassle and potential danger of damaging the machines or property that would exist if my brother and I tried it on our own. I was wondering how you guys do it and what you're thoughts are about that?

If I were to look into just buying the necessary equipment to be able to move these machines ourselves, what equipment would you recommend? I was thinking a decent trailer and a heavy duty machine dolly of some sort?

Thanks in advance for your help. Great site with awesome information!!

Welcome to the forums.  You should utilize the search functions in this forum using various terms to find topics on moving machines.  It has been discussed at length in the past few months and you will find there are varied ways people move their machines.  That does not change, however, the good advice from Mission that you should utilize experienced machine movers until you know this is a business that you will be in long term.  It would be wasteful to pay for a bunch of moving equipment to turn around and get out of the business.  In the meantime you can watch how the pros do the moves and learn what tools they use so that you will know what you will need if you decide to spend the money and do it yourself.  Notice I said "spend the money to do it yourself."  It takes money to make money. 

Good luck with your business and don't be afraid to post questions about the business here, preferably prior to spending your money.  We can advise you on any phase of your business growth.  There is a ton of experience on these forums and you should utilize it.

Thank you very much for the sound advice. I did try to find older threads on the moving issue by typing in what I thought were decent search words in the search feature and didn't find anything. I believe I put in there moving vending machines and other combos of that phrase. Is there a better way to look for topics already discussed?

I hate to be the new guy that comes on board and wears people out with questions that have been asked many times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hire someone!  I pay roughly $125 per job (under 1 hour) or roughly $100+/hour.  It's definitely worth it to get several moves done in the same day, even if it's stressful.

Hello everyone, my brother and I are starting up a vending business by purchasing and placing soda vending machines primarily. I was wondering what advice you would have on the movement and placing of these machines.

I just spoke to a local vending machine distributor who suggested that we just pay someone to move these machines around when necessary instead of buying the equipment needed to do it on our own because moving them around ourselves is very difficult and with the right equipment needed, the cost savings wouldn't really be worth it when you consider the hassle and potential danger of damaging the machines or property that would exist if my brother and I tried it on our own. I was wondering how you guys do it and what you're thoughts are about that?

If I were to look into just buying the necessary equipment to be able to move these machines ourselves, what equipment would you recommend? I was thinking a decent trailer and a heavy duty machine dolly of some sort?

Thanks in advance for your help. Great site with awesome information!!

We have one member here, Roger Morris, who moves machines for a living.  Roger probably has 30k (not counting his truck) worth of equipment to do this right.  The bottom line is if you're only moving machines occasionally, it's cheaper to hire somebody rather than invest in moving equipment. 

We have one member here, Roger Morris, who moves machines for a living. Roger probably has 30k (not counting his truck) worth of equipment to do this right. The bottom line is if you're only moving machines occasionally, it's cheaper to hire somebody rather than invest in moving equipment.

I agree 100%.

Speaking of r.morris , I haven't Seen him post here in a while. I hope a machine didn't fall on him.

We have one member here, Roger Morris, who moves machines for a living.  Roger probably has 30k (not counting his truck) worth of equipment to do this right. 

What's happened to Roger?

He hasn't posted for awhile.. I hope he is ok

I'll add one more vote to "just pay someone."  Used to move them myself with a utility trailer and a friend.  After one machine fell over and just missed me, I "graduated" to renting a truck with a lift gate and a friend.  By the time I rent the truck and pay for the friend's help, I'm at the price of watching somebody I payed do the entire job for me.  Definitely worth not trying to do it yourself if you're not fully equipped.

Hiring someone is sound advice if you live in an area large enough to have movers. If you don't, I highly recommend the Anderson Dolly and a low trailer or truck with a lift gate (which can be rented btw). 

Archived