More Vendo Problems - shocking

moondog

I've got a Vendo 511 that's been driving me nutz - to be honest I have several of them and they all drive me nutz, but this particular one has a T handle problem.  At first it was sticky and I used a screw driver to pop it open.  Changed out the entire assembly with a working spare I had in another machine and the problem persists - still need a screw driver to pop it open.  And now I get a call that it's popped open on it's own - I've replaced the lock a couple of times and never could be sure that they were really engaging properly.  Any thoughts on what could be wrong with this golpher (other than the fact that it's a Vendo  ;D ) ?

Is the machine and door level? If not, a poorly aligned t-handle will result in your condition. When it threads in, does it go in and come back out smoothly? Start there first. Easiest and cheapest fix. Good luck

1 ) Pull the entire T-handle assembly again, and carefully examine each and every piece. Look specifically for bent or worn e-clips.

2 ) Remove the T-handle housing ( the part that the T-handle slots into on the door ) and carefully examine. Is there wear on the inside, where the lock pin should fit?

3 ) Carefully examine the T-handle receiver. ( The part on the cabinet. ) Look for wear.

Often step one is enough. I frequently find a worn e-clip. 

With this kind of case, you might be missing one of the e-clips, even.

Here's my solution to the t-handle problem. I have lots of vendos, like 30 of them. I just make sure the little latch that sticks out of the lock is pointed to the left. When I point it to the right I have sticking or incomplete locking issues. I think it is from over-tightening the lock thru-out its life span and inadvertently warping the door. AZ's solution will most likely solve the issue and would like to try it on a few of my very problematic machines. However, I am a T-Handle tight wad. I will tinker with stuff for a long time, then one day just start replacing everything that is even remotely related to the problem. Hahaha. AZ and everyone else here are slowly helping me get out of that mind set.

Here's my solution to the t-handle problem. I have lots of vendos, like 30 of them. I just make sure the little latch that sticks out of the lock is pointed to the left. When I point it to the right I have sticking or incomplete locking issues. I think it is from over-tightening the lock thru-out its life span and inadvertently warping the door. AZ's solution will most likely solve the issue and would like to try it on a few of my very problematic machines. However, I am a T-Handle tight wad. I will tinker with stuff for a long time, then one day just start replacing everything that is even remotely related to the problem. Hahaha. AZ and everyone else here are slowly helping me get out of that mind set.

Hell Allen, I'm surprised all your T handles haven't melted by now  ;D  You live in Purgatory and have thirty Vendos - that's just not fair  ;D  ;D  ;D

Check your door support, over time the nylon roller wears out. You might have to add shims or replace the nylon roller. This will def cause your t handle and spike not to "screw" into the female  resulting in a door that is not square to the cabinet! The roller is located at the bottom of the cabinet and found on the right side! Make sure you use a new, fresh OEM T handle and lock assembly. Phone vendo tech support and have your model and serial number handy, as their are many versions of the vendo 511. Do not ever buy used parts-they may not fit, wrong variation and of course...they are used! There are many variations of the vendo 511.

I would also get a 46 inch level, check the machines ability to be "rocked". If you are able to "rock" the machine use the adjustable feet/pads on the underside  of the machine to correct any problems. Use your level and check at the front, back, side and diagonally, horizontally and vertically! A good pair of channel lock pliers will aid in adjusting the pads!

Well, I got the new flanges from AZ today - big difference visually.  Now if I could only figure out how to install that golpher rear spring under the E clip.  This is not something you'd want to tackle in the field :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Well, I got the new flanges from AZ today - big difference visually.  Now if I could only figure out how to install that golpher rear spring under the E clip.  This is not something you'd want to tackle in the field :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

That second spring is a bear.... Tip you guys that have these T-Handles that scrape the front plate or you have to hold the door in to screw out the T-Handle. On the bolt side there is usually 2 flat washers one small and one large. If you take the small one and pull the handle out place the small one after the spring it will fit inside the T-Handle housing and force the T-Handle to come out past the plate and make it easier to lock and unlock. 

That second spring is a bear.... Tip you guys that have these T-Handles that scrape the front plate or you have to hold the door in to screw out the T-Handle. On the bolt side there is usually 2 flat washers one small and one large. If you take the small one and pull the handle out place the small one after the spring it will fit inside the T-Handle housing and force the T-Handle to come out past the plate and make it easier to lock and unlock. 

For the life of me I can't figure what that second spring does other than serve as a spacer.  I did finally get it seated by using the old flange to force it down until I could pop the E clip in - what a bear indeed.  Had to chase that spring around the room a few times  :-[

For the life of me I can't figure what that second spring does other than serve as a spacer.  I did finally get it seated by using the old flange to force it down until I could pop the E clip in - what a bear indeed.  Had to chase that spring around the rom at least twice  :-[

You have NO IDEA how many times I've had to chase those springs across the breakrooms of America.

where in calif you at? I live just up the road from YA!

I'm in the Pasadena area - it's a long road up to BC

Damn hot today with like 30% humidity. I seriously drank 128 oz of water, 20 oz of Gatorade and 24 oz of beer, although not in that order. lol

And we're all struggling to figure out what this has to do with Vendo springs  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Got the damned thing fixed today and it works great now - the problem was the warped flange, just like AZ said.  Took me about 10 minutes to swap out the flange with T handle and about another 20 minutes to get the coin slot lined up right - I swear these vendos are like a bad game of "whack a mole" solve one problem and two more pop up

Archived