upgrade/conversion kits Inone, UCB, Greenwich

Chard

I just purchased an upgrade kit from inone for an AP 6600. What experiences have you all had with the different conversion kits?

The installation instructions for the Inone are quote poorly put together in my opinion. The pictures are photo copied so you can't make out what you're looking at and some of the formal machine part names I am not familiar with leaving me to guess what screws clips and nuts to remove. I looks straight forward though, just removing the coin guide, old board and display. Installing the conversion wiring harnesses and display and reinstalling the coin guide.

Has anyone installed this kit in an AP 6000 series, if so any advice or pointers?

I know Vendors Exchange kits have horrible instructions but I thought Inone's instructions were better than that. You will only need to pull the factory board and credit display and connect the factory harnesses to the Inone board, then mount the new display. You might need to make a new power connection as well. It should be pretty simple as long as you spread out the kit to get familiar with all the parts then try to deal with one harness at a time. Each harness should only connect to one distinct harness as the pin counts are different in each.

I have done all the vendors exchange  kits. Vendors has videos on youtube also. Never had a problem. I did 2 kits last week, one for a GPL 160, AP 7500. Simple! The kits are pretty straight forward, if you run into trouble you can call tech support. I do not regret any of their kits! InOne is owned by coinco.......if it says coinco I stay away!

Inone Technology has been sold back to the original owner here in the US and is once again a privately held company.  It was owned by one of Coinco's European affiliates for a couple of years but it was reacquired by the original owner earlier this year.

I have installed several InOne kits on our 6000/7000 APs. Pretty easy install. However, if you are also using the drop sensor kits, those are a bit more tricky. Not the best design as the bottom tray when pulled out, can easily damage the sensor on the hinge side. The board itself works fine.

I have done all the vendors exchange  kits. Vendors has videos on youtube also. Never had a problem. I did 2 kits last week, one for a GPL 160, AP 7500. Simple! The kits are pretty straight forward, if you run into trouble you can call tech support. I do not regret any of their kits! InOne is owned by coinco.......if it says coinco I stay away!

Hey Chris...What board did you use from VEII for the GPL 160....I didn't know they had boards for GPL.

I have a GPL 171 - I would love to find a board for?

In my opinion the Greenwick kits I have seen have some bugs that have not been fixed.

The one InOne kit I installed work well once it was setup, but the documentation does not contain the info necessary to do the job. The phone support was very good once you get them on the phone.

Walta

I installed a VE board in an AP 7000 and it worked perfect but trying to figure out how to program it was tough considering the "directions" were of no help.... because all I got were directions for installation and a programming "guide" which really gave me NO INFO as to how to scroll, enter, or exit anything.  I will be ordering an InOne board on my next conversion, and I will only be converting something newer than an AP 4000/5000 or newer than a National 145/146.  I'm not even sure if a 147 is worth updating with a conversion kit.

For the GPL 160 I used the veii 159 kit plus you need a new keypad over lay ( $5 bucks) ....took about 1 hour to do. Machine works just fine! I do not use "drop sensors" just frozen food product pushers. They re black and do the trick for me!

I also bought some 12-15 count chip coils.

I installed the Inone on Thursday while on location. I stand corrected the instructions were quite easy to follow. In addition, I had to call tech support about one adaption that had to be made to this machine and the representative was very helpful in getting the machine up and running. I recommend the Inone kit.

• 1 month later...

I'm resurrecting this thread because I am considering the InOne board. Anyone installed both that can give a good comparison? Received any bad units? Is the programming pretty straightforward? Upgradable firmware? 

I like that the InOne lets you retain the dumb mech & pulse dbv as it lowers the overall initial cost to upgrade. I have several with the VE UCB and they are operating well but require the full mdb upgrade out of the box. I am pretty familiar with the install now and it's not difficult despite the horrible instructions ( I have complained several times and even the techs at VE think they are horrible) VE's  tech service is outstanding but the quality control hasn't been great. I have had to send several back and get replacements. 

Any thoughts would be helpful. 

I'm resurrecting this thread because I am considering the InOne board. Anyone installed both that can give a good comparison? Received any bad units? Is the programming pretty straightforward? Upgradable firmware? 

I like that the InOne lets you retain the dumb mech & pulse dbv as it lowers the overall initial cost to upgrade. I have several with the VE UCB and they are operating well but require the full mdb upgrade out of the box. I am pretty familiar with the install now and it's not difficult despite the horrible instructions ( I have complained several times and even the techs at VE think they are horrible) VE's  tech service is outstanding but the quality control hasn't been great. I have had to send several back and get replacements. 

Any thoughts would be helpful. 

I was hoping somebody would answer your question on this, I would like to upgrade my AP machines to.

I have used several InOne kits but none of the UCB from Vendors. My only criticism of the InOne is the sensors. They are very vulnerable to damage when you pull out the bottom tray for stocking product. Unless you have clearance to open the door 180 degrees the shelf will inevitably damage the hinge side sensor. There should be some type of shield or cover for the sensors. The board itself works great and is pretty easy to program.

I have used several InOne kits but none of the UCB from Vendors. My only criticism of the InOne is the sensors. They are very vulnerable to damage when you pull out the bottom tray for stocking product. Unless you have clearance to open the door 180 degrees the shelf will inevitably damage the hinge side sensor. There should be some type of shield or cover for the sensors. The board itself works great and is pretty easy to program.

Thanks cvending!

I worked on a Rowe for a competitor and it had a Greenwick board in it, replaced his Coinco Quartum coin mech. with a Mars TRC 6510.

Took care of his problem! lol! 

The board looked good and worked fine in machine. paid out fast, did not look at programming in board.

I made money is all I care!

cajun

Thanks cvending!

I worked on a Rowe for a competitor and it had a Greenwick board in it, replaced his Coinco Quartum coin mech. with a Mars TRC 6510.

Took care of his problem! lol!

The board looked good and worked fine in machine. paid out fast, did not look at programming in board.

I made money is all I care!

cajun

Ewww. A Rowe, that is DISGUSTING.

I have to say... the more I service my two Rowe snack machines, the more I admire the quality they were built with.

Ewww. A Rowe, that is DISGUSTING.

I have to say... the more I service my two Rowe snack machines, the more I admire the quality they were built with.

I didn't think machine was that bad, never touched one until that day!

It just when another vendor calls you to fix their machine, I laughed all the way to the bank!

cajun

I didn't think machine was that bad, never touched one until that day!

It just when another vendor calls you to fix their machine, I laughed all the way to the bank!

cajun

I was just joking about the Rowe being disgusting.  I have just been a long anti-Rowe guy due to the age of the equipment and the scarceness of parts.  I got about 3 Rowes for maybe $100/each and they have their issues (such as having such sharp edges on every part of the machine that you could probably shave with them) but they were clearly well designed and well built.  I almost feel like they had a superior product to everyone else at the time.  Everything seems solid.  Products seem to vend far better than any AP from that era.  The machines actually look pretty decent too.  I might consider putting a Greenwick board in one as well... but that's only because I have access to free parts from a junked machine.

I was just joking about the Rowe being disgusting.  I have just been a long anti-Rowe guy due to the age of the equipment and the scarceness of parts.  I got about 3 Rowes for maybe $100/each and they have their issues (such as having such sharp edges on every part of the machine that you could probably shave with them) but they were clearly well designed and well built.  I almost feel like they had a superior product to everyone else at the time.  Everything seems solid.  Products seem to vend far better than any AP from that era.  The machines actually look pretty decent too.  I might consider putting a Greenwick board in one as well... but that's only because I have access to free parts from a junked machine.

That's great!

I would like to upgrade my AP 6600XL with the factory chiller, with a upgraded board, I'm just scared on what type of programming is in boards!

Is it hard to learn?

How much trouble is it to change prices in machine?

I like AP programming for prices, very simply!  Got to upgrade one day!

That's great!

I would like to upgrade my AP 6600XL with the factory chiller, with a upgraded board, I'm just scared on what type of programming is in boards!

Is it hard to learn?

How much trouble is it to change prices in machine?

I like AP programming for prices, very simply!  Got to upgrade one day!

I only have experience with the VE UCB at this point and the programming was frustratingly confusing.

Archived