Machine quality? Crane GPL

Firetad4

Looking at a couple machines the guy says they are Crane GPL 24 count like new. Are they and good macho and what would be a good offer? If this is enough info anyways.

GPL is a conglomerate of Glassco, Polyvend and Lectrovend - three smaller snack machine companies that Crane bought and combined into their lower end line, second to National which is their top of the line.  These tend to be pretty good machines but I think that macho is pushing it as there are several much tougher machines out there if you need something for a rough location.  If you need something that will handle a lot of abuse then the old AP7600 would be my choice.  If you need something with more bells and whistles (MDB, drop sensors, etc.) then the AMS Outsider would be a good option. 24 count sounds pretty small, did you get the model numbers?

Looks like a Crane version of a National 158 to me.  It also appears to have a Coinco validator in it.. if it is like a 158 or newer, I would also assume that it uses MDB so that's good (if it's true).

I can't say much about value because we don't know the actual model number.

I've never heard of a 115. There's an AP 113 but that's definitely not a 113 in the picture.

If he doesn't know what it is, he probably doesn't know what it's worth either. Offer $900 for both and see what he says.

Archived