gum

TKK

So i dont sell gum and after a few requests i bit the bullet. 17c cost can sell for .65 or so. Good markup. However none of my machines did it well. The aps i had to move the butterly nuts to make it smaller so it only dispenses one gum. Done. However my cranes and gpls.....what a mess. Loading them seemed weird but got it done. None work well. Some caused the motors to jam causing a motor error. Some would dispense one and the second gum after it would be halfways out. So the second time bam, 2 gums. Some the motor would press against the lever that pushes them up and with the pressure of the gum it couldnt go back in. A messss. Well there goes $150 in gum packets if i dont find a way to put it. The cranes dont have that adjusting screw. Also loading them was a bit weird i would think the tray could stand up by itself or something but no you must hold them up yourself to stock em

Gum is the worst seller I have if I could take out all gum coils I would.

I have removed most of the gum trays from my machines and now I've got hem laying all over the place in my garage - what a mess.  I just can't bring myself to chucking them.  Sure as heck as soon as I did I'd end up needing one.  I did have one account that bought a fair amount of gum until the management got tired of all the ABC wads all over the place and had me yank them.  Other than that, nobody seems too interested in gum anymore.

Gum bought at the store don't work in a lot of vendors. You have to buy vend packs that have 7 sticks not 5. The five packs are to thin and the vendor will try and push out 2 because they overlap. 

Like moondawg.

I take out the gum trays all together, leaves a gap that must be fill because product will fall behind tray.

Learned that when location call complaining about product falling behind tray.

cajun

You can *make* it work, if you really want to. ( On Nationals, that is. ) Take some strong double sided tape, and some 1mm plasticard. Cut the plasticard into small strips, about 2mm x 8mm, apply tape to one side, then tape it to the nubs on the inside of the gum dispenser. There are two nubs in each gum slot, they're made of clear plastic so you'll lose some visibility.

Archived