Can a small office (10 people give or take) handle a soda machine?

My dad has a small office with blue and white collar workers. I know he'd let me put one in the break room, but I'm not sure if this many people will support it.

I would have to pay delivery fees, so I don't want to just put it in and see what happens unless the experts on this forum say it's worth doing.

No.

Just to give you a example.

I have a DN 180 set up in a place called Angel Paws, the best it did in a month is $80.

Everyday there is five to even people there cleaning out cages, feeding dogs and cats. rest of day there is two to three people till five pm.

Which is fine with me because I give the money back as charity.

cajun

Using my ratios, 10 office workers would probably yield about $10.00/week in soda sales AT BEST.  That simply isn't worth the cost of maintenance, delivery, and virtually anything else.  Unless this office has a way to save you a lot of money in some other way, it isn't worth your time.

We all want to do the "what if" scenario and say things like... 1 can every day... for every employee... or 50 cans per week.. but it simply doesn't work that way.  That doesn't even consider the fact that office people tend to think that they deserve something special, like a new machine or bottles instead of cans... it doesn't consider the fact that some people think that you make a fortune because you own some vending machines so anything you do below their expectations is just a result of you being an evil greedy capitalist....it doesn't consider the fact that office workers often think you can move a machine at a moment's notice and it won't cost you anything because you OBVIOUSLY have NOTHING better to do (like run your route, stock your machines, fix stuff, etc...) .. because independent vendors are basically losers that can't get real jobs.  Oh, and 75 cents?  That's just a rip off!!  What will they do?  They will probably buy their own cases of soda, put it in the fridge that they all share, and tell you that they never use your machine, but they would LOVE to see diet ginger ale in there.. not to buy... but so that they can feel special.  They should feel special after all, they are white-collar people -- a higher class than blue collar people (like you).

I have a office that has 13 blue collar and 4 white collar that does 350 to 500 a month ....but I have another with about the same employees that does 80 a month ...... So you just never know ............

I have an automotive shop with 7 employees that does $80 soda and $40 snack weekly. One kid drinks 5 cokes a day. It's not the norm. These were much older (80's) machines that I already owned and was considering scrapping them.

I have another location with 20 employees at a moving and storage facility that has identical equipment but only does $20 soda and $15 snack weekly.

Maybe you can watch the workers and see if they drink soda and how much. The odds are it won't pay for itself, but you never know.

I have an automotive shop with 7 employees that does $80 soda and $40 snack weekly. One kid drinks 5 cokes a day. It's not the norm. These were much older (80's) machines that I already owned and was considering scrapping them.

I have another location with 20 employees at a moving and storage facility that has identical equipment but only does $20 soda and $15 snack weekly.

Maybe you can watch the workers and see if they drink soda and how much. The odds are it won't pay for itself, but you never know.

No doubt, it's all about the individuals working there.  I have one account where several people down four cokes a day and it's interesting how one person buying an item out of a snack machine each day can make that your best seller.  You just never know until you try.

One of my better customers is an auto customizing shop.  He came to me a while back and said he was buying out another location and wanted to know if I would put machines in there.  I asked him how many employees, he said 2.....yes, 2, but there were a couple of other auto shops nearby that would use them.  I reluctantly put them in, after all, I didn't want to lose his business if I said no.  That place averaged about $300 a month.  So like they said, you never can tell.

No doubt, it's all about the individuals working there. I have one account where several people down four cokes a day and it's interesting how one person buying an item out of a snack machine each day can make that your best seller. You just never know until you try.

Just going to add my two cents. I have one account that I couldn't keep coke filled enough from cycle to cycle.

Suddenly it stopped, I was shocked.

The old guys sitting there in the mornings when I filled the machine asked how the coke was doing. Taken aback a little, I said not so good, WHY.

They laughed and said "Sam" has been sick.

Sam drank 8-10 cans a day! I can now tell when hes off, he is the only one there that drinks coke.

One guy......WOW

he leaves.......I will follow.

Just going to add my two cents. I have one account that I couldn't keep coke filled enough from cycle to cycle.

The old guys sitting there in the mornings when I filled the machine asked how the coke was doing. Taken aback a little, I said not so good, WHY.

Sam drank 8-10 cans a day! I can now tell when hes off, he is the only one there that drinks coke.

One guy......WOW

I know what you mean!!!

I have one account that has recently EXPANDED from 11-13 employees.  They had 9 employees 3 years ago.  Their sales recently increased from about $70 to about $100/week.  I can guarantee you though that if 3 guys left.. and they were the "right people", my sales would probably drop in half.  This is a blue-collar facility that does a lot of fabrication and welding.

I'm gunna roll the dice on my dads office. Seeing as though it's my first soda machine, and this will be a very nonthreatening environment to make a mistake in, I figure it's worth a shot.

I will report back on how it does after a week.

I'm gunna roll the dice on my dads office. Seeing as though it's my first soda machine, and this will be a very nonthreatening environment to make a mistake in, I figure it's worth a shot.

I will report back on how it does after a week.

Go for it!

One guy......WOW

I guess we can figure out why Sam was sick - that's a lot of calories and sugar.

Went back to double check. Made roughly $10. Everythings working fine.

Load it up and go there once a month - sounds like you'll make about forty a month there.  Unless it picks up, you should scout around for a better location - almost anything will beat what you're doing there

Archived