Post your political rants here

lacanteen

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were whole tribes of people who could not (or would not) make the last transition from the prehistoric world into our current world today. They all live in remote parts of the Earth such as the South American Rain Forest and many of these tribes have never had contact with anyone outside of their own tribe. I suspect the world world is about to go through another one of these transitions. 

rednecks 2.jpg

On 9/17/2016 at 3:06 AM, shanebot said:

Alright this will be my last post because I'm not going to argue with the level of awareness that you're currently on now. 

I'm done posting here. I've spoken the truth I've needed to say and if you want to post anything else after this, I don't care and I won't be here to read it anyway. I've got my charity vending business to run with currently close to 1,000 accounts. 

Someone here can't read very well...and it isn't this dumbass Trump supporter.

And by the way, anyone who is a staunch advocate for Donald Trump or Alex Jones or Rush Limbaugh or Hillary Clinton has no real solutions to offer in relation to the current problems the world is facing now. Anyone who goes on a fear based tirade about illegal immigrants or gun control (whether you're for it or against it) or "terrorism" has no real understanding of what is actually happening in the world, why it's happening, what they'll be facing in the future and what can be done to solve it. The only solutions they might offer would bring about all-out global civil war. Is it any wonder that rednecks are so afraid of everything and cling to their guns so much while waiting for the end of the world?

I intended for this thread to be a humorous look at our political system, but it seems to have turned personal in some ways. Our federal government is way too large and is self serving to the point where its elites are bullet proof. The Department of Justice has become the Department of Just-Us.

The US Department of Defense is the largest employer in the world. The 2nd largest air force (the USAF being the largest) is the US Navy. Our government throws around money like pocket change. 'Only" 1 Billion dollars. 1 billion seconds is over 30 years. But wait, defense spending is 'only' 16% of the total budget (2015).

The federal government is so bloated, it can't get out of it's own way. 17,000 new IRS employees were needed to deploy the 'Affordable' Care Act. That's just one example. Other than during the Civil War, there was no permanent Federal income tax until 1913. The government should go back to protecting our borders, managing infrastructure, and maintaining law and order.  But that's just my humble opinion.

U.S._Federal_Spending.png

55 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

I intended for this thread to be a humorous look at our political system, but it seems to have turned personal in some ways. Our federal government is way too large and is self serving to the point where its elites are bullet proof. The Department of Justice has become the Department of Just-Us.

The US Department of Defense is the largest employer in the world. The 2nd largest air force (the USAF being the largest) is the US Navy. Our government throws around money like pocket change. 'Only" 1 Billion dollars. 1 billion seconds is over 30 years. But wait, defense spending is 'only' 16% of the total budget (2015).

The federal government is so bloated, it can't get out of it's own way. 17,000 new IRS employees were needed to deploy the 'Affordable' Care Act. That's just one example. Other than during the Civil War, there was no permanent Federal income tax until 1913. The government should go back to protecting our borders, managing infrastructure, and maintaining law and order.  But that's just my humble opinion.

U.S._Federal_Spending.png

OK then what solutions do you have to offer then? (And I mean a real solution which doesn't lead to civil war)......... I've already offered mine and all mine would do is create a world without politics, war or famine where everyone's basic needs are met.

Make America great again. Ok, I think we already are great. But no joke I want to know when you ( Trumpsters) think Amrrica was great. Now I don't want see platitudes, give me some dates. Were we great in 1943 when we had the mandatory draft, rationing, a NINETY percent top income tax bracket? We're we great at Valley Forge when Washington decreed the seizure of farmers property to feed the army? Were we great when Eisenhower sent troops into the South? When was this time? We have always been great. A democracy is a messy business. Turning the country into Fascist state will be the end of our greatness.

Fascism: a system of government characterized by authoritarian beliefs, belligerent nationalism, and racism.

Give me a date that you think would define our greatness and why. What was life like at that time you so earnestly want to return to?

There are two periods of time in our history I particularly like, 1800 because the colonies had not spread much and 1750. Hmmm, 1800 when the government just took land by force from the people living there and sold or gave it away as gifts to those white folks it favored. 1750, lots of exploration all of it driven by contracts between government and corporations. Well ok maybe bad examples how about the building of the Transcontinental Railway, you know, when the Federal Govenment gave away thousands of acres of land belonging to some one else ( Native Americans) to corporations for private gain using immigrant labor? 

I give up. I can't think of a better time to be alive. I cannot fathom why so many feel so frightened they will vote for a loon promising to give you something you already have, greatness.

I'm not a "Trumpster" as you call it, but if the choice is Trump or Clinton, I choose Trump. We have all seen what the Clintons have done since they left the White House (with $200K worth of government property), and you want to give them more power? The power to appoint not only judges, but Attorney General? The DOJ has become the lap dog and pit bull for presidents.

I feel that if Trump wins, the congress will work together to keep him on a short leash. The Congress has not exercised their full power in some time due to party polarization.  Congress should do what's right for all Americans no matter which side of the aisle they sit.

I believe that the beginning of the solution is term limits in Congress. The proverbial "pecking order" is too much in play. What was supposed to be a service to our country (Senator, or Representative) has become a full time career with way too many benefits. How can someone making $180K per year, with an office & staff, unlimited postage, full access to spa, and unlimited travel expense possibly represent me? We aren't even the same world. Congressmen get a full pension upon leaving office with very liberal rules:

A full pension is available to Members of Congress who are:
*62 years of age with five years of service;
*50 years or older with 20 years of service; or
*25 years of service at any age.

1 hour ago, lacanteen said:

I'm not a "Trumpster" as you call it, but if the choice is Trump or Clinton, I choose Trump. We have all seen what the Clintons have done since they left the White House (with $200K worth of government property), and you want to give them more power? The power to appoint not only judges, but Attorney General? The DOJ has become the lap dog and pit bull for presidents.

I feel that if Trump wins, the congress will work together to keep him on a short leash. The Congress has not exercised their full power in some time due to party polarization.  Congress should do what's right for all Americans no matter which side of the aisle they sit.

I believe that the beginning of the solution is term limits in Congress. The proverbial "pecking order" is too much in play. What was supposed to be a service to our country (Senator, or Representative) has become a full time career with way too many benefits. How can someone making $180K per year, with an office & staff, unlimited postage, full access to spa, and unlimited travel expense possibly represent me? We aren't even the same world. Congressmen get a full pension upon leaving office with very liberal rules:

lacanteen, I actually give you 2 thumbs Way, WAY UP for the last paragraph you just said there and I agree with you 100% about the fallacy in giving anyone enormous power over everyone else.

The problem that I'm having with what you're saying though is that I think you're completely in the dark when it comes to you wanting to blame liberals, Hispanics and other ethnic minorities for your problems and/or the problems with the country.

I tell you what..... I challenge you to watch this very short video (from Youtube) and tell me how you can logically blame liberals, homosexuals/transgender people, Muslims, black people, Hispanic people, etc for what is actually going on. Also I challenge you to explain to me how anything of what you are advocating for would solve anything. 

If you can do this, I will flat out admit that I am totally ignorant, that the progressive movement knows absolutely nothing and that you know WAY more than I or any of the rest of us do. 

This video only lasts about 15 minutes. I dare you to watch it......   Go to Youtube.com and type in "Humans Need Not Apply"

56 minutes ago, shanebot said:

lacanteen, I actually give you 2 thumbs Way, WAY UP for the last paragraph you just said there and I agree with you 100% about the fallacy in giving anyone enormous power over everyone else.

The problem that I'm having with what you're saying though is that I think you're completely in the dark when it comes to you wanting to blame liberals, Hispanics and other ethnic minorities for your problems and/or the problems with the country.

I tell you what..... I challenge you to watch this very short video (from Youtube) and tell me how you can logically blame liberals, homosexuals/transgender people, Muslims, black people, Hispanic people, etc for what is actually going on. Also I challenge you to explain to me how anything of what you are advocating for would solve anything. 

If you can do this, I will flat out admit that I am totally ignorant, that the progressive movement knows absolutely nothing and that you know WAY more than I or any of the rest of us do. 

This video only lasts about 15 minutes. I dare you to watch it......   Go to Youtube.com and type in "Humans Need Not Apply"

I have seen the video and agree it is a powerful message. It is the message for the world, not just the US. However, I have never blamed Hispanics and other ethnic minorities for your problems and/or the problems with the country.

Those words have never been spoken or written by me. If you're referring to a cartoon or meme I have posted, that's satire and not to be taken seriously. If referring to Trump's words, they are not mine, and all politicians say stuff to get reelected. Like "good paying jobs for everyone".  Just words in a speech trying to compel the electorate. They all do it. Don't fall for it. Remember "...the most transparent administration........"? We all know how that worked out.

2 hours ago, lacanteen said:

I have seen the video and agree it is a powerful message. It is the message for the world, not just the US. However, I have never blamed Hispanics and other ethnic minorities for your problems and/or the problems with the country.

Those words have never been spoken or written by me. If you're referring to a cartoon or meme I have posted, that's satire and not to be taken seriously. If referring to Trump's words, they are not mine, and all politicians say stuff to get reelected. Like "good paying jobs for everyone".  Just words in a speech trying to compel the electorate. They all do it. Don't fall for it. Remember "...the most transparent administration........"? We all know how that worked out.

Umm  Ok........... Then if you saw the video ("Humans Need Not Apply") and you say it "has a very powerful message"  how can you post photos like the one that show the race track on the top and the people ("illegal immigrants") climbing over the fence that says

"America, where rednecks can build a fence that will stop a 190 MPH stock car, but our government can't build one that stops illegal aliens"?

How is that not  blaming a whole group of  highly impoverished people for what's  going on instead of actually thinking critically about what's REALLY happening?  You saw the video, you agree with it and said "it has a very powerful message" so how do you justify posting all of these anti- "illegal immigrant" photos which effectively blames them for the economy?

sat•ire

(ˈsæt aɪər)

n.

1. the use of irony, sarcasm, or ridicule in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition or genre in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
[1500–10; < Latin satira, variant of satura medley, perhaps feminine derivative of satur sated (see saturate)]
syn: See irony1.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

The NASCAR meme is a poke at the government, nothing more, nothing less. If you want a tirade over immigration, there are forums elsewhere for that purpose. Here is another NASCAR meme that might sit better with you and is certainly closer to being back on topic:

3424f4ab-04d9-427e-9d6d-9a7d3b8789a3_zps

5 hours ago, musser said:

Give me a date that you think would define our greatness and why. What was life like at that time you so earnestly want to return to?

There are two periods of time in our history I particularly like, 1800 because the colonies had not spread much and 1750. Hmmm, 1800 when the government just took land by force from the people living there and sold or gave it away as gifts to those white folks it favored. 1750, lots of exploration all of it driven by contracts between government and corporations. Well ok maybe bad examples how about the building of the Transcontinental Railway, you know, when the Federal Govenment gave away thousands of acres of land belonging to some one else ( Native Americans) to corporations for private gain using immigrant labor? 

I give up. I can't think of a better time to be alive. I cannot fathom why so many feel so frightened they will vote for a loon promising to give you something you already have, greatness.

It was pretty decent in the years post WWII.

Granted, part of that was because a good chunk of the world's people were dead and many factories were bombed, but it'll be nice to see us not exporting jobs as fast as we can.

Archived