I know, but they vend with fewer problems

57thTom

The Kit Kat and the popcorn sitting on the coil. The popcorn is shaken out less, and the Kit Kat fits without getting broken.

Oatmeal Cream Pies, too.

Oh yeah. I've got to get out a hook blade knife and cut some labels for the coke machine out of cans. I just have to be careful to leave the UPC codes so the cans are worth $.10.

If you think those prices are bad....when I first started this job they were selling Turtles that cost $.96 for $1.00. The 'Management' wouldn't allow an increase of price so my boss just quit ordering them.

Jeez, what school of marketing did they go to, anyways?

45 minutes ago, Vendors Tech said:

Well, not all of us live in CA.  :D

I don't live in CA either, but with chocolate costing what it does, once you add sales tax and other overhead, $1 isn't going to make it anywhere in the US.

Oh, I didn't see your state.  I saw LaCanteen, and thought of LA, CA.  My apologies!  I know lots of vendors out in CA who are getting drowned from the exorbitant cost of doing business in that state, and I enjoy poking fun at liberalism.

I agree, $1.00 is not enough for chocolate.  I tell the vendors around here that they need to get up to $1.25 soon, or they're going to be in trouble.  Besides the cost increase occurring on everything else today, chocolate prices have gone through the roof the past few years, faster than the retail vending price has been able to keep up.

Pricing is always a hot topic, everyone has their own thoughts on the matter.  I see vendors still selling smalls for .60 and just can't see how they are making any money at all, but that's their problem.  I don't worry about losing accounts to them because they can't afford to expand anyway....

Yes, I think .75 is a good price for smalls that cost .25 or even up to about .35, over that I go at least  .85 retail, and 1.00 from there.   I am raising the last of my 1.50 bottles up to 1.75, and commission accounts at 2.00 for bottles.  

On December 25, 2016 at 1:46 PM, lacanteen said:

The 4 rows of M&M Peanut or the 2 hand written tags on the drink machine? image001_zps1ccf3f9a.gif

And only $1.00 for chocolate! out-h.gif

We also sell chocolate at some locations with no commission for a dollar ... 

Better than doing a snack machine for Best Vendors at Wal Mart. They dictate .80 candy with commission. To be in line with their checkout lanes up front (.78)  

in my opinion

Cans should be .75, 20 oz. 1.50

Candy,Pastry 1.25

LSS 1.00

The problem is too many are reluctant to raise their prices thus making the others seem too high. The bottlers here are notorious for 1.00 on 20 oz. AND a commission. I wish we could all get on the same page with pricing and it come down to the service. Appearance,cleanliness,full and working machines should mean more than saving a quarter around here it seems that is not the case. 

Archived