A funny thing happened to this AP 213 on it's way to location

57thTom

1 hour ago, 57thTom said:

That's strange. I guess 'drag files here to attach' doesn't work in this format. Let me try it another way.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMGyfrCLaz9Q-IxMjShjSY8WmY-s-Z83nwkeYou

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNSCrJkOOMrWplztDdsuum828sT-q2lxbu1r6ZF

that didn't work either. No pics

Looks like a 213 since the start button has 2 cup sizes. As I recall, the original Nescafe branded machine was all freeze dried products. What is your issue?

I only saw 1 picture of the outside of the door. Is there more?

1 minute ago, lacanteen said:

What is your issue?

Not so much an issue as a slightly complicated question.

This machine is set up to sell 12 oz. coffee in three choices. It's labeled for two types of coffee with caffeine and one choice of why bother coffee. It's priced at $0.25.  The coffee is being sponsored by the company so the residents can't bring coffee grounds on the premises. Something about drugs can be hidden in coffee grounds and the drug dog can't detect them. Whatever.

My question is this. Is it possible for the programming to be set so it can't be adjusted? Can the price be set and to change price requires a call to a technician? Can the recipes be permanent?

This machine probably has a new board. It also probably has a custom EPROM. I'll take a picture next week. I just haven't had time since the machine arrived Thursday.

18 minutes ago, 57thTom said:

Not so much an issue as a slightly complicated question.

This machine is set up to sell 12 oz. coffee in three choices. It's labeled for two types of coffee with caffeine and one choice of why bother coffee. It's priced at $0.25.  The coffee is being sponsored by the company so the residents can't bring coffee grounds on the premises. Something about drugs can be hidden in coffee grounds and the drug dog can't detect them. Whatever.

My question is this. Is it possible for the programming to be set so it can't be adjusted? Can the price be set and to change price requires a call to a technician? Can the recipes be permanent?

This machine probably has a new board. It also probably has a custom EPROM. I'll take a picture next week. I just haven't had time since the machine arrived Thursday.

As AZ said that appears to be a 213 but the FDX version as Nestle machines were almost always all freeze dried. it appears the Chocolate selection label is missing but without being able to see photos of the inside I can't tell for sure what rack it has.

You need the key that is usually in the key switch which is on the inside of the door to adjust recipes and to set the prices so if you remove the key no one would be able to adjust it.

I'll get those pictures. Yes, it's a 213. 

The reason I ask is because I couldn't adjust the settings on the old machines this one replaces. I had to read the manual many times and look at the pictures of the control boards until I figured out they had custom EPROM installed. The numbers on the eprom just didn't make sense unless, as the manual says, the eprom was custom.

Prices can be changed without the program key (modes 1 thru 10). Recipes and configurations (modes 11 thru 17) require the key. If you want to lock out price programming you will need to physically disable or remove the mode switch.

Yes it is a custom chip in the Nestle machines which would could use different channels for the ingredients but they can be changed. Hopefully you have a copy of the FDX manual supplement which will identify which channels to use.  If not I may have a copy but would need to see the inside photos to know for sure

1 minute ago, lacanteen said:

Prices can be changed without the program key (modes 1 thru 10). Recipes and configurations (modes 11 thru 17) require the key. If you want to lock out price programming you will need to physically disable or remove the mode switch.

Yes that is correct my error.

8 hours ago, 57thTom said:

I bet you have a Google Pictures App.

I am unaware of such an app.  I just saw it with my phone using the chrome browser.

Edit:  I cannot see it with my computer, which also uses chrome but the desktop version.

It is a 213FDX as all Nestle machines were made that way.  It originally had all freeze dried coffee and other soluble products in it.  There were three FD coffee canisters, 1 chocolate, 3 soluble flavored canisters, 1 sugar, 1 creamer and sometimes 1 artificial sweetener.  If all those canisters are still in it then it should still be an FDX version.  Making it one cup size is just a matter of changing the start button from a dual to single overlay and stocking only one cup size.  What is it you really want the machine to do?  Your posts are kind of cryptic in that regard. 

Archived