Ramdom issues with AP 7600

Ramsep

I have two machines that I inherited when one of my locations reopened a plant that was shutdown for a few years, and I was given the chance to service the 2 machines  (DN 440 and Rowe 4900) that were in there. The only thing that I needed was to service the bill validators because the rubber belts had dried out and were not good anymore. The soda machine has no issues and works just fine. The snack machine kept losing the price settings, and I replaced the battery on it, but never really worked as it should, so I ended up replacing the machine with my AP7600, that I had pulled from another location that closed a couple months earlier and never had any issues.

It lasted for about two weeks, and started having the same symptoms than the Rowe: losing the price settings and some motors randomly not working at all. I noticed the cable to plug the machine into the wall was a little chewed up, so I shortened a bit. I tried to replace it, but couldn't find the same cable (18-3) at the big box stores, and also didn't want to mess with the terminal at the other end of the cable (where it plugs to the machine itself inside the cabinet).

The machine would take only one coin and reject everything else, until I reset all of the prices. The guy at the company that services the validators and changers told that when that happens, the board is bad, so I replaced it with a spare one, (and also put in a new battery) which solved the issues for a few weeks.

I noticed the light bulb sometimes worked fine, sometimes it was off, and sometimes it was just glowing at the ends, so I replaced the starter. I am even thinking of replacing the whole thing with a LED unit.

I go there every week, because even with these issues, that's how long it takes this guys to empty the machine, , and I found that the machine is either been working fine, or has been doing the same things: losing the price settings, random motors not working (or giving extra products), the machine giving a continuous beeps (beep, beep, beep . . .) or even spitting coins until the changer empties out. Sometimes when I open the door, random motors start working.

I switched the machines plugs into the wall receptacles, and the soda machine keeps working fine, but not the snack one.

I have taken service repair persons, but their fixes also only last for a few days, and I've also find that some of them are not interested in doing a thorough search of the problem.

One service tech told on the phone that the problem could be the door switch, since it is used for both service and diagnostics, so I replaced it.

So far, it is working, but I have a feeling that is only a matter of time before it starts acting up again. This location is 35 miles away from my home, but is very good and I don't to lose it.

I'm including also some pictures of the codes displayed by the machine. The board shown is the original from the machine, and I'm not really sure that was the problem

Any help will be greatly appreciated. More pictures in my first comments.

Screenshot_2017-11-13-10-54-53.png

Screenshot_2017-11-13-10-59-01.png

Screenshot_2017-11-13-10-58-08.png

Thank you! I just created a Flickr account, but I can't access it. Just another issue to take care of, lol.

In the meantime, here's a description of the error codes as shown on the machine display:

G 09

E1

12.70 (when spitting coins out).

F10 (and both Check Selection Price and Make Another Selection buttons are illuminated).

07 (shown in the second line of the display)

0018. (shown in first line of the display) and 15 (on the second line)

Continuity check from the ground pin on the power cord plug to the cabinet. To check your wall outlet, assuming the ground pin is down, voltmeter on AC you should read 117 volts from the ground socket to the right slot. Ground socket from ground to left slot should read less than 1 volt.

At this point, I would replace the changer and undo everything to do with lighting.

I recently had a Rowe 4900 doing all of these things.  Replaced the bulb and starter and all is good.  It is very strange that both your Rowe and your AP are doing essentially the same thing...either a big coincidence (both have bad bulbs/starters) or maybe a bad flourescent light in the room near the machines?

Yes, it's a big coincidence, but the lights in the room are all OK. And the AP didn't have any issues at the previous location.

But if the problem is with the room's lights, why the DN doesn't show any issues? That's why I swapped the machine's plugs in the receptacles, but it made no difference.

Bulbs burned out or flickering or glowing on the ends are always going to cause random issues in logic board machines as you describe.  Your soda machine is a single price machine so it will rarely be affected by bad light bulbs.  If you change a florescent bulb you must also change the starter or the new bulb will fail.  To be safe you should also make sure that your snack coin mech only has a plastic back.  The metal-backed mechs have grounding problems in AP 6k/7k machines.

As others have stated, remove the florescent lighting.  Bad lighting will cause interference with the board. But I have  a question.... how did you replace the battery on this board? I am not aware there was a battery on the 6000/7000 series machines.

6 hours ago, Ramsep said:

Yes, it's a big coincidence, but the lights in the room are all OK. And the AP didn't have any issues at the previous location.

But if the problem is with the room's lights, why the DN doesn't show any issues? That's why I swapped the machine's plugs in the receptacles, but it made no difference.

The DN uses old school relay "logic". It's a big chunk of metal moving around and opening or closing circuits, not IC's like the snacks use.

13 hours ago, cvending said:

As others have stated, remove the florescent lighting.  Bad lighting will cause interference with the board. But I have  a question.... how did you replace the battery on this board? I am not aware there was a battery on the 6000/7000 series machines.

I apologize. It was the Rowe the one I replaced the battery on.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:21 PM, Ramsep said:

Thank you! I just created a Flickr account, but I can't access it. Just another issue to take care of, lol.

Flickr is part of Yahoo. Sign in to Yahoo then left click on the Flickr button and open in another tab. Your Flicker account should be connected to your Yahoo account.

Archived