DN501E machine buttons confused

sbb

We have a DN501E coke machine that we got program and it is working except for the buttons vend wrong.  When we test vend it and push the second button the second slot will vend.  When we put money in and push the second button the 3rd slot will vend and the 3rd will vend the 4th and so on.  Any ideas? 

Coke branded machine normally have column 1&2 ties together. When button 1 is pressed it will alternate Vending columns 1&2. So 2is3, 3 is 4, etc. you probably have nine columns but 8 selection buttons

If the space-to-sales is programmed properly and you still get misvends then you may have a bad selection membrane if you don't have actual select switches. Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need one for it.

The machine we have does have 9 slots and 9 buttons.  The first column is a double wide column and all of the rest are single.

We have the first column/button set for $1 and all of the rest are $.50.  When we have the door open and do a test vend all of the buttons work correctly and vend the corresponding column. 

When we shut the door to vend then only the first button and column correspond all of the other buttons from 2-9 vend one off.  So 2 vends 3 and so on. 

I think the STS is set correctly since it does work when we do the test vend, but when we shut the door something goes wrong.  Is it a bad membrane?

Did you look at the STS?  With the door open and you test the machine you are only checking to see if that motor work.  Go into your menu by pressing the service button. Display will read HD. Now press and hold buttons 1&2 until you see USER then release. Press button 1 til you see STS. Now press selection #1 and it will show you which columns are assigned to that button. It will happen for each button you press

When you are in test vend mode you are testing columns, not buttons.  Your STS is out of whack or your selection membrane is bad.  Look behind your select buttons and if there are no individual switches there then you have a selection membrane.

• 2 weeks later...

Coke used 501E's pretty extensively in some areas. But this one was not an original Coke unit, all DN machines built for Coke since the old Ranson built single price machines of the 80's have one less button than columns.

As for the issue, probably STS.

• 4 years later...

I am having the sam issue with my 501e. Just realized it when I was told everyone was complaining they were getting wrong drinks. 1-9 selection buttons vend columns 1,9,3,4,5,6,7,8 then selection 9 does nothing. 

did you find a solution? Do you know what caused it? I am wondering if there is a bad battery on the board. 

mike

5 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Nope. You probably have a selection switch membrane behind your buttons instead of individual switches. You have to replace the membrane.

The membrane is brand new. Just changed it out a few weeks back. The old one was so bad I couldn’t even get into The menu to SP. 

Mike, according to your post, it seems button 2 vends column 9. This will  be a  STS issue. Go into your User menu, go to STS and press each button. The display will show you which column is assigned to each button. When you press button 2- it should read 2-2 meaning button 2 is assigned to column 2, etc.

13 minutes ago, cvending said:

Mike, according to your post, it seems button 2 vends column 9. This will  be a  STS issue. Go into your User menu, go to STS and press each button. The display will show you which column is assigned to each button. When you press button 2- it should read 2-2 meaning button 2 is assigned to column 2, etc.

Okay. If it needs to be changed what is toggle up and down?