InOne Woes

Chard

Several of our InOne Upgraded machines suddenly started showing their age.  

These are all at three seperate locations around town and exhibit everything from corrupted displays to no display to bad MDB circuits.

None of the failures are due to power failures, etc, but due to old age.

My frustration is that InOne says these older boards cannot be repaired and replacement is $135.  The newer boards are only $55 to fix.  I'm frustrated that simply because we have an older board they can't fix we're charged $80 more to fix.  One board is ok, but now I'm up to three boards an it's getting costly.  And they want me to send in the old board?  Why?  So I don't steal a broken, unrepairable board?  I even offered to break it in half and take a picture, but they wouldn't listen.  So now with shipping and taxes there and back and buying the board I'm going to be out $160.

Is anyone else having failures with their older InOne boards?

16 minutes ago, Chard said:

And they want me to send in the old board?  Why?  So I don't steal a broken, unrepairable board?  I even offered to break it in half and take a picture, but they wouldn't listen.  So now with shipping and taxes there and back and buying the board I'm going to be out $160.

I'm guessing they want to analyze the failures.

• Like 1

I have over 600 In-One boards deployed. About 250 are the original version. The old LCD displays gave me fits for a while, but they are not that expensive. I have 1 or 2 failures per month over all and my oldest ones are late 2009. If it makes you feel any better, even I pay the $135 upgrade fee. It's still way cheaper than a new machine. 

• Like 1

I agree with LACanteen.  Look at it this way... all boards fail, except polyvends for some reason, but you often pay more than $100 just for a repaired board, so $135 seems fair to me.  I'm assuming that's an updated board with new software and everything.  It sounds like you are venting more than anything.

Anyone know if you csn use an MDB mech, with a card reader, while also using a 110v validator on the inone? Do you have to go all mdb for that?

The reason i ask is because i have so many 2511's out there and 9302-gx are cheap and i have extra.  I'm just trying to save some bucks while upgrading and adding card readers until i get new validators.

It should work that way since the Inone board is designed to run both protocols at the same time.  The card reader would report through the coin mech circuit but you might not get cash sales reported.

• Like 1

I had several VE displays go faint. They worked but was harder to read than they should be. Went ahead and replaced them at $50 apiece. Like the others have said already it's still cheaper than a new machine. And yeah the Polyvend boards and displays were for whatever reason bulletproof! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

On 4/12/2018 at 5:02 PM, Chard said:

Several of our InOne Upgraded machines suddenly started showing their age.  

These are all at three seperate locations around town and exhibit everything from corrupted displays to no display to bad MDB circuits.

None of the failures are due to power failures, etc, but due to old age.

My frustration is that InOne says these older boards cannot be repaired and replacement is $135.  The newer boards are only $55 to fix.  I'm frustrated that simply because we have an older board they can't fix we're charged $80 more to fix.  One board is ok, but now I'm up to three boards an it's getting costly.  And they want me to send in the old board?  Why?  So I don't steal a broken, unrepairable board?  I even offered to break it in half and take a picture, but they wouldn't listen.  So now with shipping and taxes there and back and buying the board I'm going to be out $160.

Is anyone else having failures with their older InOne boards?

Chard, sorry for the inconvenience;  I hope this was resolved amicably for you.

There are a number of reasons why all of the above is the case.  There was an issue with the battery on the original board that can't legally be repaired, and now, many of the components, including the battery, are no longer available.  We offer the upgrade price in order to take away some of the sting.  Sending the board back allows us to reduce the cost of the upgrade (a portion of the materials are recyclable) while allowing us to evaluate what happened.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:02 PM, AngryChris said:

Anyone know if you csn use an MDB mech, with a card reader, while also using a 110v validator on the inone? Do you have to go all mdb for that?

The reason i ask is because i have so many 2511's out there and 9302-gx are cheap and i have extra.  I'm just trying to save some bucks while upgrading and adding card readers until i get new validators.

AngryChris, just found your comment, so hopefully this is still useful to you: yes, you can use 110v (and 24v) validators alongside MDB.   Micromech works alongside MDB too.  If you have questions about using either, just give us a call and we'd be glad to talk you through.

• Like 1