USA tech Eport reader

putrevus

I am having an issue with of one of my eport G9s. I needed to swipe multiple times to have a transaction.I called USA technologies tech support and she was saying it was offline even though I just made a transaction 10 minutes back .

She asked me restart the machine and then said the card reader was offline and I need to replace the telemeter.But I could make two transaction after I hung up with her.But  I still needed to swipe multiple times for each transactions.

USA tech support has been awful in last couple of years, Last year they told me the I need to send another Eport for repair as it is faulty and it is not communicating but that device has been working fine from very next day and I had no problems with it for last one year.

Is there anyway we can check the signal strength for Eport devices ourselves..With Airvend you can clearly see if signal strength is weak and you have an option of using WIFI.Is such option there for Eport.

Thanks for your help.

I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUE, it takes 30-40 card swipes to get one to authorize. When it authorizes, the transaction goes thru fine.  Tech support called me back and my signal strength was EXCELLENT, CDQ=20-21.

NO CUSTOMER IS GOING TO STAND THERE AND SWIPE THEIR CARD 20-30 TIMES

I'VE called customer support and even bought another unit ($300 more down the drain).

Now I can't find a way on their awful website to add the new device.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SPARK said:

I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUE, it takes 30-40 card swipes to get one to authorize. When it authorizes, the transaction goes thru fine.  Tech support called me back and my signal strength was EXCELLENT, CDQ=20-21.

NO CUSTOMER IS GOING TO STAND THERE AND SWIPE THEIR CARD 20-30 TIMES

I'VE called customer support and even bought another unit ($300 more down the drain).

Now I can't find a way on their awful website to add the new device.

Did you find out what was the problem.

I have a problem at one location.  A customer keeps calling about the reader not working with her card.  Thing is, her card barely works on either machine.  It does nothing, like the swipe won't acknowledge that a card has been swiped.  Then sometimes it will, but only with that card.  Then she told me someone else had the exact same problem with the same bank card (key bank).  I figured the card has been demagnetized or those bank cards are just finicky.  No one else has problems.

1 minute ago, AngryChris said:

I have a problem at one location.  A customer keeps calling about the reader not working with her card.  Thing is, her card barely works on either machine.  It does nothing, like the swipe won't acknowledge that a card has been swiped.  Then sometimes it will, but only with that card.  Then she told me someone else had the exact same problem with the same bank card (key bank).  I figured the card has been demagnetized or those bank cards are just finicky.  No one else has problems.

I tried with my card, it was having same issues but after couple of restarts it was doing okay and I have not seen any problems so far.I will check it out again on my next visit.

I will attempt to diagnose it Monday, USA Tech. is unable to help on the weekends. NOT IMPRESSED WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I tried THREE different card, one was brand new. Same result. For ever 20-30 swipes only one authorization.

8 hours ago, putrevus said:

But they are saying they are having issue with contact less transactions also. 

Also here, but the BLE for contactless goes thru the swipe unit also as far as I know.... I need to pay more attention to problems with the USA swipe vs the MEI bezel swipe..... maybe I can see a pattern

When I swipe a card, ( a good card, good magnetic strip) all 4 of the front green lights light up and the thing beeps, so the card was read. Then it does... NOTHING. You do this 20-30 times and then one time it will just AUTHORIZE and then VEND.

I thought it was the signal but its excellent.

I bought the unit locally in Houston, taking it back to my supplier they offered to help diagnose the problem.

You probably have a low signal. Press the white antenna button on the modem, then look on the bottom right of the swipe display. There should be 2 digits followed by a comma and 2 more digits. You need to be 10,00 or higher to reliably work. 

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 different readers and endless calls, USA TECH never solved my problem. They are too busy to help the little guy.

I called Parlevel and decided to give them a shot.  Now taking cards after about 3-4 days.  I have a dedicated rep, I have his actual cell phone number, I could not be happier with the service. highly recommend Parlevel.

Closing my USA Tech account, useless crap.  The difference in service and attitude is staggering.

• Like 1