Vendo 511 shims for small bottles

Hey guys, I recently bought a Vendo 511 beverage machine. Being that I use 16.9 oz bottles of soda in a lot of my AMS machines, I always have this size on hand. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as shims or spacers that I would need to vend 16.9 oz bottles properly? I'm fairly new to these machines specifically so I'm not sure which parts I would need, thank you.

Bottles are the same diameter as a can so you shouldn’t need shims unless it was previously setup for 20oz bottles. I don’t remember if that model has cams that need to be adjusted or if it’s just in the programming to set for bottle or can. 

Sorry, I didn't make may last statement very clear.  16.9 oz bottles are the same diameter as the 12oz cans & typically vend well in a can setup after moving the back spacer.  I haven't dealt with that model of Vendo on a frequent enough basis to give you clear insight on the correct kit.  I'm sure one of the others on here will be able to tell you more specific.  If you want a faster answer Ryan from Snack Attack Vending can help & probably sells the parts.  http://www.snackattackvendingllc.com/php/index.php?p=parts_vendosodamachine  His number is on the link at the top of the page.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Yes I did get it working, the guy who does my refrigeration repairs stopped by for a little while and ended up doing the following: He took the front panel off (below the slots where the product goes) and moving the gauge (the bar that goes from the back of the machine to the front) to the second position to the right, middle position i believe, and putting a white clip in place of the black one that was on. I will check the position of it later today to verify and I'll take a pic for you.

image.png.9aa8c61f6e33bd298202656b629f3c41.png

Above is an example of setup instructions for a particular brand of drink in a 16.9 package. 16.9 oz bottles range in shape and size.  While moving the gauge bar does help, most packages still need some sort of side spacer (shim).   The 511 was built in the early to mid 1990's so some of the parts are NLA from the factory. There are still a large amount of those in the field and distributors out there with access to used parts.  The correct clip for bottles is grey.  If I knew what brand beverage you're trying to vend, I may be able to get more accurate info.