AP LCM4 with Credit card reader.

Hi, I've tried to find in the forum something about it, but no look on that. I couldn't find anything specific about it. 

I have this AP LCM4 and I was thinking about add this reader. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mars-MEI-VN-2712-compact-mask-bill-acceptor-1-20-bills-Tested-good/184519722588?hash=item2af63b865c:g:sC4AAOSw7P9f4OzA

Has anyone here tried this before?

I will add some photos of my machine here. 

20210305_125728.jpg

20210305_125732.jpg

20210305_125742.jpg

20210305_125748.jpg

20210305_125751.jpg

You would need to upgrade the logic board to an InOne Technologies board because the LCM board won't work with a card reader. It will mess with the board and freeze up the machine.

That ebay listing is for a 24 v validator, there is no card reader included.  You should buy your first card readers directly from whichever processor you are going to use (USAT, Nayax, ParLevel, etc) to be sure you have good tech support while learning the system.  And AZ is correct, your machine looks like it needs an updated control board to support a card reader, and may need a different coin mech and validator to work with a new board... InOne or VE can advise you on that when you order the board.  All told, the upgrade will run you between $ 600 to $900.

13 minutes ago, Diorgenes Mello said:

Thank you guys, you are fast. 

The upgrade is something like this?

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-1580-d950d-1-inone-kit-ap-lcm-series-machines.aspx

I paid $300 for this machine. I think the investment will worth it.  

The machine is likely ready for a card reader as it is except you need an MDB harness (for LCM board) and MDB mech + validator.  You'll still spend several hundred but the board may work fine.  For the record, I have an LCM combo that works but no cash reporting because there's no DEX.

With the Inone kit, you shouldn't have to get MDB mech and validator.  You should be able to run those current components and the card reader simultaneously.  We've done it with some machines with Inone boards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...