Dual Vending Machine Setup

ctekautz

Alright, so I will start by explaining I have no experience when it comes to vending machines, but since I am the tech guy here at work anything to do with electricity is in someway a part of my job. We are having issues with a vending machine setup that has two machines connected to use one pay station.

There is a vending machine "Bev Max 2" which contains the pay station inside of it, this machine works fine but the system that it is "attached" to (a Crane Model 137). Doesn't seem to work, if anyone has any good how-to's or anything like that I would appreciate it.

5 hours ago, ctekautz said:

Alright, so I will start by explaining I have no experience when it comes to vending machines, but since I am the tech guy here at work anything to do with electricity is in someway a part of my job. We are having issues with a vending machine setup that has two machines connected to use one pay station.

There is a vending machine "Bev Max 2" which contains the pay station inside of it, this machine works fine but the system that it is "attached" to (a Crane Model 137). Doesn't seem to work, if anyone has any good how-to's or anything like that I would appreciate it.

I didn't know that you could connect 2 full size machines like that and have them share a payment system. I would be interested to see what that looks like. If there is a way to run 1 card reader to both of the machines that would save some money with he monthly connection fees. But I really doubt that is possible.

50 minutes ago, OVend said:

I didn't know that you could connect 2 full size machines like that and have them share a payment system. I would be interested to see what that looks like. If there is a way to run 1 card reader to both of the machines that would save some money with he monthly connection fees. But I really doubt that is possible.

The machine in question is almost definitely a slave machine, meaning it has no control board and cannot function without the machine it is attached to.  It's not as exciting as it may sound.  And, honestly, I'd rather have two separate machines.  Coin jams, bill jams, and card reader issues happen.  I'd rather have one machine down than both down from one component failure.  I also went through the phase of trying to think outside the box but there's no reason to have to do that when customers just want decent service and many other vendors can't even do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southeast Treats said:

Are you in the U.S. or elsewhere?  I'm not familiar with any crane satellite machine setups in the US market. 

ah ok so its not just me. thought maybe I was missing out on something lol

1 minute ago, AngryChris said:

The machine in question is almost definitely a slave machine, meaning it has no control board and cannot function without the machine it is attached to.  It's not as exciting as it may sound.  And, honestly, I'd rather have two separate machines.  Coin jams, bill jams, and card reader issues happen.  I'd rather have one machine down than both down from one component failure.  I also went through the phase of trying to think outside the box but there's no reason to have to do that when customers just want decent service and many other vendors can't even do that.

very good points I agree. rather make some sales than no sales

Crane experimented with this platform over 15 years ago. It didn't get much traction, meaning there is not many of these around and even fewer parts. The host Bev Maxx 2 is several model out of date and prone to their own problems. 

• Like 1

The Crane 137 is a rebranded Automatic Products 937 and was designed to work with a BevMax 2 they were manufacture from September 2007 to June 2010.  Not sure if they continued the programming for it on future versions of Bevmax or not. I doubt it as not many 137/937 where built. There should be a MDB harness coming out of the 137 which you would route into the Bevmax and plug it into J16 on the controller. The harness from the 137 should have a male 6 bin MDB plug and a Female 6 pin MDB plug. You plug the male plug into J16 on the controller if there is a harness plugged in that spot already power the machine down then unplug that harness and plug the 137 harness into it. Then plug whatever you unplugged into the female harness of the 137 harness then power back up

Edited by venddoctor

On 11/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, venddoctor said:

The Crane 137 is a rebranded Automatic Products 937 and was designed to work with a BevMax 2 they were manufacture from September 2007 to June 2010.  Not sure if they continued the programming for it on future versions of Bevmax or not. I doubt it as not many 137/937 where built. There should be a MDB harness coming out of the 137 which you would route into the Bevmax and plug it into J16 on the controller. The harness from the 137 should have a male 6 bin MDB plug and a Female 6 pin MDB plug. You plug the male plug into J16 on the controller if there is a harness plugged in that spot already power the machine down then unplug that harness and plug the 137 harness into it. Then plug whatever you unplugged into the female harness of the 137 harness then power back up

Did this and nothing happen, still won't allow me to input the codes for the slave machine. Feel likely it's likely a machine hardware issue at this point. Thanks everyone for the replies I really appreciate it.