• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I just want to make a quick note.

There are some great deals on used machines right now. I have two guys who have bought up over 50 used machines for next to nothing. $20 per machine for nice machines. Figure in locating and you can be still be under $65 for a machine/location.

Check out

http://www.craigslist.com

http://www.ebay.com

http://www.usedvending.com

http://www.vendingconnection.com/classifieds.html

Regards,

Robert Patterson

http://www.kickstartlocations.com

I just want to say that I "took the dive" and hired Kickstart to do 1 location to start off for me. I truly did my research, and from that and all of your opinions, I felt that they were the best to go with. Not only that, but Rob is super professional and seems like a really great guy. Hope it goes well (as I cross my fingers!).

Hey that1dude, I also hired Kickstart last week for 1 location to start off. This is my first time using a locator and I chose them for the same reasons you did. I am happy to say they just sent me the location and it looks good, it is a japanese steakhouse that I know has been in business for a few years and seems to do well.

• 4 weeks later...

I hired Kickstart to locate 5 locations.  I actually placed 2 orders one order for one location in early November the other order for four more locations on December 3 for a total of 5 locations.  The first location I got from them was a deli that was and unsuitable location and Rob agreed to replace it.  he did with another location I loaded up the machine and went to place it.  When I arrived the owner told me that no one had contacted him and there was no space available for a machine.  I called Rob and he secured 3 additional locations.  I loaded up my machines and drove to the locations only to find that they did not want the machines at this time or had no room for the machines.  I am going to try to place the third machine today.  I am very frustrated with the entire process.  I would prefer to have my machines placed but I just dont have the time to run to these places and get turned away time after time. 

The reason we hire locators is for them to locatate for us.  I feel like I have to sell the machine to the locations when I get there even though this should have been done by the locator already.

I work a full time job own a house painting and vending business and have 5 kids my time is very valuable to me.  I m serously rethinking where to spend my money in the future. If I dont get this machine placed today I am asking for a refund. 

I really did not want to post on here about Rob and kickstart, because Rob is one of the nicest guys you ever want to me. But I see some other people are also having some troubles with him as well. My story all starts in early august when I contacted Rob about locating a small counter top snack machine. Rob quickly responded and said that his specialty is in bulk, but he will give it a try. I gave rob a few weeks to try and find locations, but no luck. So Rob offered me 3 bulk locations for the price of one countertop snack machine location. I accepted and Rob then went on to try and find locations for me, weeks turned into months and he only managed to find me one location, a small fish and chip place that was too small to even walk around in. I decided not to put the machine there. Rob understood my reasons for not wanting to locate it there, so he went on to try and find more locations. Again weeks went by and still no locations. I then sent Rob a list of locations and phone numbers to try. He managed to find one location which I placed a machine at, but is only making about $3 per month. Rob then refunded the remaining amount.

After about a month I contacted Rob and explained to him my poor performing location. Rob said he has a few more people working for him, and he should be able to find a few locations for me this time. I agreed and sent him money for 2 more locations, to make 3 in total. I few weeks went buy and he managed to get me 2 locations, a Wal-Mart and a small shop that sells cookies. I went into the Wal-Mart and they said that they already have 8 vending machines, and do not want anymore. The bakery was very small and was also in a bad neighborhood, so I opted out of that one.

A few weeks later he came back with 3 new locations, the first was Harvey’s Restaurant. I walked in looking for a guy named lager( the contact that was given to me) I talked to the manager and the owner, and they both said that there was no one by the name of lager working for the restaurant, and they also did not want a machine. The second location was a Chinese Restaurant, I walked in and they said that someone did call trying to locate a machine, but the restaurant told them to call back when the owner was in. There was also one other machine in the restaurant and they did not want another.

I then contacted Rob and told him my story. So a few days ago he sent me 9 locations. I was very happy with getting 9 locations but unfortunately most of the locations are small hole in the wall businesses, and I will be lucky to get 3 locations out of them.

I really hate to say this stuff about Rob, because I have heard nothing but good things about him. And he is always there to correct his mistakes. Unfortunately I think that he might have some people working for him that are just looking to find any old location. They are either finding small locations that are too small to place a machine in, or they are writing down names of businesses without calling them, or calling them and when the business says to call back, they just as sume that the location will say yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies and Gents, thanks for the honesty!

Truthfully, we service a lot of clients and I apologize to any client that has had a less than great experience with us.

I can assure you we are working hard to fix all processes to serve you! I want there to be 110% satisfaction to all of my dear clients and friends.

I hope you all had a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2009 is bound to have a lot of positive changes. Most of my resolutions included making this business the best it can be. I really appreciate all the feedback and honesty here.

If you ever have a concern, please call my cell 239-821-3892 and I will take care of it. Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

http://www.kickstartlocations.com

Well Guys, I thought I would post my recent experience with Robert and KickStart Locations:

Truly, and Honestly, he has been one heck of a locator, business man, and friend. I can assure you that if you have any problems that Robert will resolve them, and make everything perfect to the best of his ability. He has gone out of his way to make my experience with his company one of enjoyment and prosperity. I personally can go to him with any questions, and I am able to end the conversation knowing that my problems will be solved, and the questions I had were answered by someone who knows exactly what they are doing (and that I was not told something just to get me off his back). 

I am a tough customer, and I told Rob before I even started working with him that I was. I settle for nothing less then what a deserve. I feel Robert has treated me with the up most respect, and has made every problem a smooth fix no matter the timing. I do not let people take advantage of me, and guys, Robert has never done this with me.

If you need someone who is honest, reliable, fast, and completely able to work with you on any problems, give Mr. Patterson a call, or an email. I know he has treated me with the up-most respect and answered any questions I have ever had. Lets face it, if he did not, I would never do business with him.

Kyle  

• 3 weeks later...

My first time using a locator seems to have worked out O.K.  I used Kickstart, Robert was attentive and  professional. He returned my phone calls promptly and got me a location in 9 days. The location was a nice little ice cream shop right around the corner from my house. The manager was expecting me and seemed happy to be receiving a machine. Positive experience all the way around. I will be curious to see how well the machine does and thus how quickly that locator fee is paid off and I am making a profit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lets keep the reviews flowing. I've seen some posts of concern recently, and wanted to make sure there hadn't been a drop off in the quality of locations or service levels from employee problems (when I worked sales, we definitely had some people trying to get their money and ignore the customer as soon as they had their hands on it).

I'm planning to contact kick start soon and have them place one or two machines.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just placed an order with Kickstart for one double head machine. (Platinum package. Maybe it's my skepticism, but I have a feeling the sales reps wouldn't work as hard to get good locations without the revenue guarantee, since I assume it's extra work without extra pay for them if they have to replace locations. I could be entirely wrong though, as I do not know Rob's business model. I had been considering doing this for about 2 to 3 weeks now, finally seeing Kelly get some more good locations I knew I was ready.

• 5 weeks later...

My machine is in an Iguana's grill. I did a drive by since it was near the window and it looks like product level is going down respectably, but not enough to be sure I wasn't just imagining it.

I'll wait til I have more experience to make a final verdict, but so far so good. Planning to send a little more business there way in april. Iguana's definitively looks much better than the charity locations I would've been able to get myself. (Though the manager is grumpy--and when I looked at reviews of the place online, they also mentioned how grumpy she was. That made me lol a little :P)

I have just placed an order with Kickstart for one double head machine. (Platinum package. Maybe it's my skepticism, but I have a feeling the sales reps wouldn't work as hard to get good locations without the revenue guarantee, since I assume it's extra work without extra pay for them if they have to replace locations. I could be entirely wrong though, as I do not know Rob's business model. I had been considering doing this for about 2 to 3 weeks now, finally seeing Kelly get some more good locations I knew I was ready.

I just found out how Rob structures the guaranteed revenue. I didn't realize it but he only guarantees 30% of relocates for free. Not all of them. I was very confused by the way it is structured but he explained it to me. It actually looks like the revenue is guaranteed with free relocates due to poor performance but he explained that he will only relocate 30% of poor performing locations for free.

I think Kickstart does a good job as far as locations go so I am not saying there is a problem getting good locations but I always thought the guaranteed revenue was for each machine (platinum purchase.) He said it is only for 30% of the locations not every one of them. He said they will relocate 30% of locations no matter what the revenue does. After that you pay the $20.00 relocate on the warranty and you would pay the $20.00 relocate on the other 70% regardless.

Doesn't make much sense to me based on the ad, it seems misleading but that is how he explained it to me.

I just didn't know that was how it worked. I thought when you purchased  platinum locations that each platinum locations revenue was guaranteed. He said only 30%.

As I said before I think Kickstart does a good job with getting locations so I don't think you should have any problems.

David

• 2 weeks later...

My machine has been out there for almost a month. I did a walkby outside the restaraunt and my GB hadn't moved too much, though I think some had sold. My skittles on the otherhand were getting quite low. I will plan to go in before the end of april to pour in more skittles, this time I'll put in at least two full bags. It can really be hard to estimate the level on gumballs >->, I don't know whether it sold 40 or 4. However the revenue is supposed to come in at 15$ min for the location, and I suspect it will average a solid 20$ a month. I won't complain about that one bit, and Rob had excellent manners and timeliness dealing with me. I'm expecting to have him place a couple more machines for me in the near future.

(Edit: My first skittles selection was being cautious, I only had about 80-90% of a bag in there. Please don't ask me who ate the rest  /blush, I'm vending 15-16 skittles per. I know antonio says this is too much :P) I estimated that I'd get 20$ or so out of a bag of skittles as long as I didn't eat them myself.

Yes David, the advertisement is very misleading. I don't think that's a mistake, and I'm not going to lash at him over it. If anyone needs more than 30% replaced with the kind of locations he seems to find.... I'd think it was an issue with them trying to sell golphers in the machine :)

I can't point fingers either, my display for splatterz has an awesome yellow splatter in it. There is no capsuled version of that toy, however kids are trying to collect all 5 (when there are only 4), and it pumps up the sales.

I don't think the way the guarantee is presented will do any harm to a real vendor. He limits the number to reduce the risk to his business of having to replace tons of locations for a terrible biz-op vendor. Maybe I'm wrong and just got lucky, but I haven't seen many complaints about his service.

Archived