KickStart Locations

T BIRD

I am a  

60 members have voted

1. 1. I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

Bought one location over a week ago, I'm not in any extreme hurry but, his website says the locations will be mailed out on Saturdays.  Do you guys typically get an e-mail like his site says, or is it usually longer?  Also bought a double from Midwest to see which one produces better results. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I serviced the location today with my wife. The employees glared at me--I can't comprehend why people eat there, the staff is so rude. However, they do eat skittles! In one month and 4 days the location produced 3 dollars in gumball sales and 15 dollars in skittles sales.

Gumballs may need to be changed out for DI. I'll do it before my 3 month warranty is out since I feel like any time I spend in the place is time that I am risking getting the boot. After I get it on DI I'll set it to a two month service cycle to give them less chances to deliver the boot, who knows, maybe they glare because it's the second machine selling generic gumballs and they are friends with the person who owns the first machine. Either way, his machine is prettier and mine didn't sell much in GB, so I'm happy to concede that market to him. I'll be contacting Rob soon to have him place another machine.

• 5 weeks later...

I recently purchased and received two DI locations thru Robert with Kick Start. 

My new locations are both fantastic and were secured in about a week.  The first is a very nice upscale fine dining Italian restaurant.  The second is a popular casual dining Italian chain restaurant.  Both restaurants are lovely and the DI machines fit right in.

I placed the machines on location yesterday and was received well by the managers.  I will let you know how well they do in 30 days.

My experience with Kick Start has been very good and I will continue to use this service. 

Thanks again, Rob, keep up the good work.

Vanessa

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I decided to give KS a spin and have mixed results to report.  First off, I gave them a "Do NOT call list" for a targeted type of location since I did not want to get "duplicate" locations or the many duds that exist in that category - both parties agreed to this.  The two orders were for 5 locations.  3 went in without an issue.  However, 2 were on the do not call list.  One location had a contact name that did not work there and no one there claimed to authorize one (and did not want one).  Another location never really authorized the machine and later called me back (after talking to the manager) to tell me they did not want it.  One location was "approved" over the weekend, however when I got there on Monday I noticed that the location was not open on the weekends!  However, I was able to talk my way into that one - just wonder if that was a "recycled" lead.

Clearly they are having staffing issues with these "work at home" telemarketers.  I mean how hard is it to cross check the do not call list (in alphabetical order) and not send those to me.  I am been waiting on the final location for 2 weeks now.

So the best I can rate them is neutral since 3 locations were decent.  But this business of locations not going in due to contacts not working there or they just never really authorized the machine is totally unacceptable.  Because of this, I don't feel that this locator is deserving of 100% up front payments.  The only way to control this problem is to simply not pay them until the location is installed.

Jax

Unfortunately I had the exact same issue with both of my locations given to me.  One location didnt know who I was and the other the contact worked at another location.  It was my first time using a locating company and probably my last I just asked for a refund.  2 weeks wasted and 3 machines still sitting in my apt.  Save your money.

DISCLAIMER: I have not used kickstart or any other vending locators, YET.

I did however go to kickstart's website and take a look around.  I watched the video, and submitted an information request.

Here are my experiences so far:

One, the website lists clearly what you can and cannot expect from kickstart. PLUS

Two, they offer you a few email tidbits of useful advice for signing up with their website. PLUS

Three, I got an email from Rob about 24 hours after signing up. PLUS

Four, The website is navigable and attractive, professional and clean. PLUS

Even if I end up self locating, I recommend to others to check these guys out, the information they present can be useful when comparing the pros and cons of self locating vs LOCATOR A vs LOCATOR B

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I got my first locations from Rob Saturday and put up my shootin hoops today and it went flawless. The lady expected me and knew of me it made it too easy  :) It is an apartment which I was doubtful of but I think it may do OK she says there are lots of kids that come thru the office and get upset when there little candy machine is empty and she really like the idea that it is a game not just a simple gum machine. she also gives kids quarters herself to use in the candy machine they have. Hope it does good it is my first machine

• 3 weeks later...

It might be a couple of months, but I am thinking of trying out KickStart, but I do have one question if anyone can answer it for me.

Are people being told that we are part of the charity.  In other words are people given the idea that it I am an official of the charity, and 100% of the profits go to the charity?

I don't care if they don't know the exact amount going to the charity, or volunteering other information if they don't ask.  I just want to make sure my business is conducted in a moral way, and I properly and honestly represent myself, and will not lie, or be associated with a like to get a location.

I think this is my only reservation.

It might be a couple of months, but I am thinking of trying out KickStart, but I do have one question if anyone can answer it for me.

Are people being told that we are part of the charity.  In other words are people given the idea that it I am an official of the charity, and 100% of the profits go to the charity?

I don't care if they don't know the exact amount going to the charity, or volunteering other information if they don't ask.  I just want to make sure my business is conducted in a moral way, and I properly and honestly represent myself, and will not lie, or be associated with a like to get a location.

I think this is my only reservation.

I don't know about kickstart but if you go with Eddie Bauer he will tell them 100% goes to charity..

Great observations and questions about the charity percentages. 

Our staff is not allowed to give out a percentage donation amount on the phone.  If a business inquires what percent is donated to charity we use this response:  "Over $500,000 per year is donated to the NCCS from vending machines just like the one we're putting in your business." 

If they inquire further we let them know we will be happy to show them the charity paperwork when we arrive. 

Regards,

Rob

He got me a location and told client that i gave 100% of profit to charity..And did not tell me he was going to go that route.

I couldn't go that route.  If I heard this, I would immediately tell them that only a portion of the sales, or a fee, goes to charity.  And let them decide if it was still acceptable to them, or even tell them I would give them 20% off the top, and they could donate that to whatever charity they felt was appropriate.  (Hoping to salvage the route, and face.)

I don't care about being fully forthcoming, or telling everyone everything.  If a portion is mentioned, they can think whatever they want.  But I will not engage in lying, or fraud to run my business. 

If I wanted to do that, I would just start sending out emails that I need to get money out of some foreign country, or need somebody to process checks for me.  I would engage in change raising, and shoplifting would be a breeze for me.  (My slight of hand isn't too shabby, hence the name.)

I will not compromise my ethics, ever, for any reason.

Mage,

I was just admiring your post about running an honest business.

Regards,

Rob

The "ONLY" makes it sounds like a put down.

But tell you what, as long as you agree not to mis-represent me as the charity, or that all the money goes to the charity.  (From what you said earlier.)  When I am ready, I will try you out on placing 1 machine.  That works out, and more will come, and I will help to keep you busy.

William

Archived