60 members have voted

1. 1. I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay here goes.  My experience so far with KSL.

Location 1- Chinese restaraunt-kicked out..owner didn't give permission to place

Location 2- Crisper's...coin mech jammed, went to fix, and after 4 days it had $5 in it.  Might have had more if two quarters weren't stuck in the mech.

Location 3- Chinese restaurant- wanted commission.  Convinced him that I can't give him a commission and support NCCS too.  Offered to take machine with me.  He changed his mind and said he wanted to keep it there.  He already had a toy machine with 2" bounce balls vending at $0.75.  Told me he gets 40% from that guy.  No way.

Location 4- BBQ joint- kicked out.  Said they were called five times by same person, and harassed.  Emailed Rob, he says their policy is 3 calls to a location max, and that he would address the issue.

Location 5- Restaurant in New Mexico...a little outside my route coverage area.

Location 6- Pizza place...Nice place..located in front of small arcade in back of restaurant.

Placed an order for an additional 3 locations in addition to the 3 remaining we are owed.  Emailed twice this week, and haven't heard back yet.  Getting a little concerned.  We were going to place a 50 location order in March, but now I am not so sure.  Is anyone having issues getting in touch with them?

If you have ever ordered 50 locations at a time with Rob, please PM me about your experience. 

He has been great to me but tuesday I got a location but never got an e-mail with contact info or anything. I drove by the pizza place and seems to be closed LOL there is another Papa Bruno's location in the same township but not sure if that is the correct one or not with out the info. I have seen him 2 messages and nothing :( he usually responses fast to messages thru his site. Hope everything is OK

Perhaps I may have come off sounding "too" concerned.  I wanted to update, that although I haven't heard from Rob, I just received another location at a luxury apartment complex.  I will be going by tomorrow to drop off. Fingers crossed, this place is a prime spot to rent in the Brandon area.  Other than communication being slow, I think things are going fine with KSL.  As far as the 50 locations in one go,  I guess that I am just nervous and would need a lot of hand holding to go through that process.

Never do an order for 50 locations!  There are simply too many things that can go wrong even with a reputable locator - especially in a 100% prepay situation.  Just do orders of 5 at a time to protect yourself.

As far as luxury apartments go, I have not had much luck with them or any thing else that is considered high end "luxury".  Seems those snobby rich folks just don't want to buy things from vending machines.  I have pulled out of all of my "luxury" locations.  Not trying to be negative, just my experience with them.  Try it out and post your results.

Jax

Placed the apartment location today, and machine went into the office/ recreation area.  What a nice place, lots of kids and foot traffic.  The real payoff was the woman in the office when I dropped it off.  She told me how much her husbands truck repair shop could use a machine, and how much he loves gumballs.  I will be dropping a machine off there Thursday afternoon.  Collateral locations...gotta love it.

Anyone heard from Rob??? Cant reach him by phone or email, Im kind of getting irritated. I dont know if they are having problems or what but he has money of mine and I havnt heard from him, thats a little scary.

Good example of the importance of self locating and not solely relying on a locator who might not be able to place your machines as fast as you would like. Not implying that previous posters are not self locating, more for the ones who are just getting some machines and thinking about relying solely on a professional locator. I too am giving Rob a chance but his success or lack of, whatever the case turn out to be will not make or break me. I'm responsible for my own success.In short, remember nobody cares more about your business than you. 

Hey quick question for all you self locators, What do you think is your ratio of yes to no's when you are locating machines? Like 3 yes for every 100 calls? Just trying to do some learning and research, is there a thead on this question already?

Haven't self located yet, but if I did, I would only do it in person, not over the phone.  Yet if I were to run a locating company, I would locate by phone and not in person.

Not having the volume, and knowing the area, I would prefer to cherry pick my locations, plus it is harder to say no in person then on the phone. 

The phone is more about mass production.  The number of no's are higher as a percentage, but you can move so quickly from call to call that the quantity of locations should be better.  But also the false yes's, and the rejections will be higher.  You could call a location, then once you see it, decide is is not right, but in person you will know that before you even try.

And for an update, I collected $13.25 from my newest location after a little more then 2 weeks.  (3 weekends.)  For a triple, I am satisfied with this location.

Archived