vending machine DC Motors

astarali

Hello

i am working on a Arduino Project and i want to make some customization on a sneck vending machine.  i need some help and i have quastions about vending machines spiral motors(dc).

-are these dc motor or servo?

-based on my search on internet , there are 12v and 24v with 2 pin - 3 pin - 4pin models of these motors , what are these pins ?

coud you explaind about them ?as i know basicly there must be GND VCC NO NC CoM

so how 2 pin models works ? how 3 pins models works ?

coud you share a diagram of 2pin 3pin and 4 pin models.

btw i am software programmer and i am not familier with electronics , maybe my quastion is compleatly wrong.

Best

There are WAY too many versions of snack machines to answer all of your questions on here.  You will need to determine a model to work on a expand from there.  Almost all equipment in the field has a wiring diagram in a service manual on their mfg website.   You will need a basic understanding of those or hire someone that does in order to make any "redesign". 

What exactly is your goal?

• Like 1

All I can tell you is that any plastic motor is a DC motor.  Other than that what the pins do is up to the individual machine/manufacturer and you would need to view their specific wiring diagrams. AP uses 2 pin motors with the polarity keyed. The AP LCM line used 24v motors not used on any of their other machines.  AP motors are probably the most plentiful. Stay away from USI motors as there are about 1 billion different ones that they have used. You will notice that I dont mention any other manufacturer or seudo-manufacturer or imported machines.

As always, I wonder why you think you need to design your own board/machine from kit parts. The industry doesn't need any new players and the only problem that needs to be fixed is to take the industry back to before Crane bought their competitors out and ruined the machine industry.

Edited by AZVendor

Hello

actualy i have to design my coustom arduino , because my system is compleatly diffrent with normal sneck vending machine 
i just need to use vending machine dc motors and cabin , there is no need to bill acceptor , coin acceptor , credit card reader , keypad and ....

my system is connected to a local sql server database , and users will pay with their point from database .

example dc motor pic

i need to learn , what are these pins , because there are 2 pin - 3 pin - 4pin models in diffrent models , and my board must be ready for all possible models (motors).

as i know basicly there must be GND VCC NO NC CoM , but these are 5 . how 2 pin model wokrs?! what about others!

Best

You are obviously not in the US so you are not going to get help from us.  The motor in your photo is what we would call an import here in the states and that would be considered junk due to no support available to US operators.  You are on your own on this.

47 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You are obviously not in the US so you are not going to get help from us.  The motor in your photo is what we would call an import here in the states and that would be considered junk due to no support available to US operators.  You are on your own on this.

so vending machines in US are using Quanntum Computing system !

come on man , i just need pin names and some example schematic to preparing my Arduino with diffrent pin systems

Call it what you want but machines in the US just use manufacturer-supplied logic boards.  They might be made by someone else (Coinco and Mars used to make a lot of them) but there is no special technology like "quanntum computing."

4 hours ago, astarali said:

so vending machines in US are using Quanntum Computing system !

come on man , i just need pin names and some example schematic to preparing my Arduino with diffrent pin systems

The vast majority of us here run a vending business but we aren't engineers.  You should ask a manufacturer these questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tblake05 said:

"My smartass hat on"  LOL

Why not just buy a motor and dissect it?  From there with a multimeter you should be able to figure out what pins do what.

already done , still have to wait 3 more weeks for delivery

• 4 weeks later...

Design software for a PLC that will be able to read the user input and convert it to a timed relay output. The output would then turn the motor to vend the product. You would only need the positive and negative pins of the motor, therefore eliminating the need for COMM, NO and NC pins. I’ve wired up large HVAC systems with this type of design, so it is possible. Good luck.