Bill acceptor only takes one bill. The price difference has to be made up with coins

NKDuo

I have 3 machines that are currently experiencing this issue. I have two AP 112's, and an FSI/USI 3076 with this problem. I just barely purchased a new bill validator for the FSI/USI 3076 and also recently upgraded the control board with an inone kit. The AP 112's have original parts.

Basically, the machines accept one bill just fine, but then will not accept any subsequent bills for the same purchase. Basically, anything that is priced over a dollar, the difference must be made up in coins. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

11 hours ago, JGEASTERN said:

just had this problem with an AP snack machine. Set escrow and force vend to off. Turn machine off for a few minutes.  turn machine back on. make sure coin accept or is full quarters nickels and dimes. on first vend use all coins, at least one quater, one nickle and one dime. After this vend try two dollar bills. This worked for me and was given to me by an experienced vending tech. give it a try and let us know.

Thank you so much! Yes, this worked on my AP 112 machines, but did not work on my FSI/USI 3076. I still can't get that one to take two bills, but thank you! :)

• 1 year later...

Him sorry I’m just starting out with all this and this is one of many problems I’m facing so far! So first, how do I change the machines escrow and force vend? From there I think I understand what to do, turn off and back on the machine(waiting a little before turning it back on) and then bend something using only coins and make sure to use one of each type of coin except Pennie’s of course! So I’ll try that and hopefully itll work but if it doesn’t, does anyone know how to turn escrow off on an apex vending machine? Another thing that has probly been the most frustrating, is the credit card reader! I was told the machine would come with a working and ready to use cc reader but that def wasn’t the case! It came with one but thst wad about it! I went ahead and bought another one but they’re just as difficult to deal with so does anyone know the quickest way to get a SIM card for a cc reader so I can get this one working asap?

I just googled Apex and finally figured out what you were talking about.  Go back to the distributor of your crappy imported POS and ask them. Stop buying imports and buy US made machines.  And you don't need any new machines - buy used American machines that work (but not Seaga).

Edited by AZVendor

What was so hard to understand about that? Ya the typos but I was driving so you can figure it out but what did you need to go to apex’s site to figure out? I just started doing this and completely understood when someone told me to try that! And I completely understand! If I ever have the money to actually get one on my own and don’t take one over bc like I said, I’m just trying to get this figured out, I probly will get American! But that doesn’t help me right now and def wasn’t what I was asking! So thanks for the feedback, but if you could actually help me out, that would be great! I don’t need to hear from you otherwise! Thanks 

Just a SIM card won’t do anything because you need the credit card reader company to know who the reader belongs to, and set up service on their end. Otherwise if that reader isn’t set up and registered with the company it won’t process transactions because the month processing/service fees aren’t being paid and they also don’t know who to send the money to.

What brand of reader are you using and are you in the US?

• 5 months later...