Help identify these machines...

And are they cashless? Plus do they report cash sales over mdb?

royal soda machine, I had a straight on pic but it didn’t turn out. Sorry for the blurry iPhone 1 pictures.

snack machine looks brand new and they both have mei mech and validators.

I have an opportunity to buy both. Fully stocked on location with 80 employees and open to the public for 2100.00. I think it’s a no brainer.

just looking for some opinions on the machines. Though I think the location would benefit with a glass front soda.

Thanks guys.

B9-DC3632-EB01-4168-8-B48-3066-E89-CA0-F

270-EAB0-E-77-BF-4-A8-B-BBEA-BCB994-F30-

323-FB8-D5-B705-4582-ABB4-4-D4-ED00-BC15

Snack is an AP 123/133/933. Cashless and cash sales reporting through DEX. 

Soda, if I am reading the tag right is a Royal 650. Merlin 4, later ones have cashless and cash sales reporting through DEX. Earlier ones may need an EPROM, real early ones might need a new board if I remember right. Unfortunately there is a chance this is a real early one as the Royal logo on the serial tag is the older one they first used.

• Like 1

I recently paid 1900 for a refurb 123 so the cost vs equipment value seems good to me.  The cashless I installed needed an extension cable for the reader, not a big deal. 

I like Royal vendors in general, like they said it may need an upgrade.

80 employees on site or in and out?  80 on site is probably good and the GF drink is always a winner.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, orsd said:

Snack is an AP 123/133/933. Cashless and cash sales reporting through DEX. 

Soda, if I am reading the tag right is a Royal 650. Merlin 4, later ones have cashless and cash sales reporting through DEX. Earlier ones may need an EPROM, real early ones might need a new board if I remember right. Unfortunately there is a chance this is a real early one as the Royal logo on the serial tag is the older one they first used.

13 hours ago, AZVendor said:

+1

9 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

I recently paid 1900 for a refurb 123 so the cost vs equipment value seems good to me.  The cashless I installed needed an extension cable for the reader, not a big deal. 

I like Royal vendors in general, like they said it may need an upgrade.

80 employees on site or in and out?  80 on site is probably good and the GF drink is always a winner.

hey guys, thanks for the replies. We bought them.

can you confirm, this is probably the early royal board that cannot do cashless? (Cause my other Merlin 4 board is way different.)

98-AFDDA5-8-DD7-46-B6-AD25-04-D7117625-F

300-AA593-72-BC-45-F8-879-C-2233590-BDB6

It will do cashless but you won't see any cash reports whatsoever, and there's no way to update the board either.  If you just want the machine to accept credit cards, it should.  If you want to see all of the sales data, you'll have to replace the board.  If so, I would wait on InOne to come out with their kit for the Royal 650!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

...., I would wait on InOne to come out with their kit for the Royal 650!

Didn’t even know that the Merlin IV was in the works at inone. Neat! Know Arnie is working on the 3189 cb500.

it’s nice when 3rd party companies provide more support for older machines than the original manufacturers. Nice or sad? L

on the Merlin and AP, I may just bring a payrange device over there and plug it in. See what happens.

Thanks Chris!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tblake05 said:

Didn’t even know that the Merlin IV was in the works at inone. Neat! Know Arnie is working on the 3189 cb500.

it’s nice when 3rd party companies provide more support for older machines than the original manufacturers. Nice or sad? L

on the Merlin and AP, I may just bring a payrange device over there and plug it in. See what happens.

Thanks Chris!

I am going to correct myself here. I just checked, both of my royals are 650s with eproms that say 47.04 in them.  So there's a chance that your old board is even older than my old board!  No promises that a card reader will work.  The best way to check in this scenario is to hook the reader up but don't mount it... then just try to make a purchase with cards to see if that works... then try to make purchases with bills to make sure all of the bills/change works as well.  If everything checks out, then mount it.  If it doesn't, I don't know if you can get a later model eprom for that specific board version or not.  It's sad when you find out that royal had something like 4 different board versions out there JUST for the merlin 4.  I believe the Royal 660s also had different boards than the 650s and were not interchangeable.  It's very frustrating when you think that a Dixie Narco "E" series almost always needs nothing more than an eprom replaced IF anything.

• Like 1

I thought they only did that with the first Merlin 2.  That one had 3 or 4 board versions.  DN did have an early red button SIID board that was not forward thinking, so there's that.

2 hours ago, Apple Leisure said:

You're going to want to raise most of the prices in the snack machine.

And cans of soda to 1.00. The location knows that. I agreed to keep them low for 2 weeks during transition.